Upcoming Reputation Changes

(Locked)

85 Goblin Shaman
11/27/2012 02:48 PMPosted by Keeblik
Swift move to get more money out of us 35/40 gold per faction when if I remember right you NEVER said anything about a charge.... Typical blizzare, lies and no communication.

First, you do realize that in-game gold isn't real, don't you? Blizzard doesn't actually make money when you buy stuff from vendors.

Second, really? You're complaining about 35-40g per faction?

It isn't the money, I blow more than you might even have on your toon just logging in. THE POINT IS NOTHING WAS SAID ABOUT COSTING ANYTHING< READ THE FIRST POST. Now if they would have said that it might cost something but we haven't figured out what it is yet, then you wouldn't hear me whin.

Typicial blizzard has no clue on how to communicate on thier own Official WoW forums.
100 Night Elf Druid
After the BC rep grinds I almost quit the game. The rep grinds are still the biggest barrier to leveleling up profesions on my alts.

I have been looking forward to this fix ever since they anounced it and now I am feeling cheated by them basiclky taking away what was promised.
100 Blood Elf Mage
After the BC rep grinds I almost quit the game. The rep grinds are still the biggest barrier to leveleling up profesions on my alts.

I have been looking forward to this fix ever since they anounced it and now I am feeling cheated by them basiclky taking away what was promised.

? I just bought the comendation from Klaxxi and now all my alts are getting twice the rep, so they'll access their patterns very quickly. How did they change what was promised?
90 Undead Monk
It isn't the money, I blow more than you might even have on your toon just logging in. THE POINT IS NOTHING WAS SAID ABOUT COSTING ANYTHING< READ THE FIRST POST. Now if they would have said that it might cost something but we haven't figured out what it is yet, then you wouldn't hear me whin.Typicial blizzard has no clue on how to communicate on thier own Official WoW forums.

I'd rather spend 35-40g than have it cost 3000 valor. Stop qq'ing about it. Do two dailies and you'll have enough to get the commendation.
90 Orc Hunter
Here's my observation.

I really like this expansion. The big thorn in its side though is the amount of dailies people feel like they have to do. Now I got to 460 mostly without rep gear and that was enough for me to start lfr, but when you tie really good gear to dailies of course people are going to gravitate towards that. Indeed there is a choice but it's largely polarizing.

and let's be honest. Wow's questing isn't really as immersive as it could be. Maybe if the quests weren't the same things that we did while leveling people wouldn't feel tired with them as much.

Where I think they went wrong, attaching all vp gear to daily rep. I think the faction items should have been purely cosmetic instead of so polarizing to players. Perhaps transmog sets, mount, pets, whatever but when you give gear out that's the same ilvl as a 10 man raid. That's putting too large of a carrot on a stick imo. You can't expect people to look the other way to that.
100 Human Warrior
ive found that even with the Grand Commendation im only getting a 50% exp buff. 240 exp + (120 bonus)

120 is not a 100 % exp buff.
90 Pandaren Monk
10/04/2012 10:05 AMPosted by Crithto
The Revered character earns double reputation as he or she works toward Exalted

I don't see this text on the commendations.
90 Undead Rogue
Why even bother with all this mathy nonsense? Why not make rep and achieves account-wide? titles and mounts already are.....doesn't make any sense other than a time sink.

Edit Tidbit: This would also make the Achievement UI less functionally.....difficult?
Edited by Creepjacker on 11/27/2012 4:23 PM PST
98 Night Elf Druid
Is it possible we could get something in the UI to tell us if we've purchased a commendation for a faction or not? Right now it seems like it's down to memory, which I suppose is fine considering the limited number of factions there are commendations for, but it would still be nice to have (even if it's something as small as there being hovertext on the commendations when at the quartermaster).
100 Night Elf Druid
11/27/2012 04:20 PMPosted by Shalhoub
The Revered character earns double reputation as he or she works toward Exalted

I don't see this text on the commendations.

You buy it when you hit revered.
It doubles rep for all your characters.

Including the one you bought it on, which is going from revered -> exalted.
100 Night Elf Druid

And presumably, if you have alts on two different accounts, transfer them to one and cancel the other or accept being punished for being one of Blizzard's best customers.

The bonus is across all your Battle.net characters.
Why wouldn't you check this before complaining about it?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KBfOTTd7BH8
CHECK IT OUT!!!!!!!!
100 Human Paladin
I still think 'Revered' is a unnecessary step to exalted.

It should be Friendly, Honored, Exalted.
90 Human Hunter
This is nothing but a band-aid. A simple compromise would of been to allow championing until revered, and then daily quests until exalted. Daily quests the entire way, multiple times on alts, is the most tedious thing ever. And 110 rep per quest for Golden Lotus? Wow, under the new system I'll get a whopping 220 rep per quest (but I have to get to revered first!). Insulting. With the amount of factions there are to grind, and the people who want to progress alts, this system just doesn't work at all Blizzard.
Edited by Dridèn on 11/27/2012 5:15 PM PST
90 Pandaren Hunter
ive found that even with the Grand Commendation im only getting a 50% exp buff. 240 exp + (120 bonus)

120 is not a 100 % exp buff.

Actually, the quest would have originally given 120 rep if you hadn't used the token. You're getting 240 rep, of which 120 is a bonus. I agree the wording is slightly confusing but that's how it works.
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Question, and I apologize if this was in the past 86 pages: is there a way to check that you have the "buff" on all your toons? For example, I have 4 toons exalted with Tillers. If I buy it on one, then forget that I did (just saying, there's a lot of factions, I forget things), then can I "check" to see if I already have that one? I know it's cheap, but I just don't want to do it again and again because I'm dumb.
90 Goblin Mage
11/27/2012 07:15 PMPosted by Thingolo
Question, and I apologize if this was in the past 86 pages: is there a way to check that you have the "buff" on all your toons? For example, I have 4 toons exalted with Tillers. If I buy it on one, then forget that I did (just saying, there's a lot of factions, I forget things), then can I "check" to see if I already have that one? I know it's cheap, but I just don't want to do it again and again because I'm dumb.

I don't know. But can't you just buy them all at once, so that you don't forget, and then never worry about it again?

I guess you could always do one daily quest to test it.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]