Upcoming Reputation Changes

(Locked)

90 Blood Elf Death Knight
Why is it only MoP factions getting this bonus and not all of them?
90 Undead Rogue
I still dont understand why rep is not account wide. There is plenty of content available to keep me playing on my alts without having to do the dailys and grind rep, so why should i have too just to spend my VP?

THis just makes no sense to me!
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
I agree. I'm changing mains and servers and I was looking forward to this change to make rep grinding old factions more bearable.
100 Blood Elf Paladin
11/27/2012 08:07 PMPosted by Keeblik
Question, and I apologize if this was in the past 86 pages: is there a way to check that you have the "buff" on all your toons? For example, I have 4 toons exalted with Tillers. If I buy it on one, then forget that I did (just saying, there's a lot of factions, I forget things), then can I "check" to see if I already have that one? I know it's cheap, but I just don't want to do it again and again because I'm dumb.

I don't know. But can't you just buy them all at once, so that you don't forget, and then never worry about it again?

I guess you could always do one daily quest to test it.

That's what I've done... but I'm more worried about those toons that I'm working on the same faction for (i.e. I have two working on Klaxxi, one working one shado pan, one on august celestials, 3 on anglers). If I forget on one, then I'm likely to keep forgetting... Just me being dumb, was just hoping there was a way to "see" that you get the extra other than turn in and test
1 Blood Elf Paladin
This does nothing for my main, the only toon i dare to suffer the boring quests with.
100 Human Rogue

Did you purchase AND use the Grand Commendation from the Shado-Pan quartermaster?

This is what you'll need to open up the benefits to all your characters on your account (e.g. Grand Commendation of the Order of the Cloud Serpent).

I just used one for the tillers on this character. Is there a way to tell on the UI if the faction is receiving boosted reputation gains? I checked the reputaiton window and put the rep on the tracker, but as far as I can tell, there doesn't appear to be any indicator in the UI.

edit: I just checked the august celestials, which I am not exalted and there doesn't appear to be any indicator.

Maybe add a golden frame around the reputation progress bar and tracker, and/or a tooltip that says something on mouseover like the rested experience tooltip?

You know, just to jazz it up a bit. :)
Edited by Aeriwen on 11/28/2012 12:25 AM PST
100 Troll Hunter
11/28/2012 12:16 AMPosted by Aeriwen
: I just checked the august celestials, which I am not exalted and there doesn't appear to be any indicator.

I bought the Tillers one today and learned it on this toon. Logged over to my pally to do her farm (with rep tracking on in the chat box), got the message along the lines of '110 Tillers rep (55.0 bonus rep)' in blue each time I picked a plant. Didn't have the rep bar up on the UI, so I can't say how it registered on there each time :/
90 Night Elf Hunter
11/27/2012 01:59 PMPosted by Drakkin
This is not what we were "promised". Double rep on Panderian factions will do not good if I burn out while leveling my alts through the first 85 levles of rep grinding.

Actually they said from the get go that it would probably only be for MoP factions at the beginning with others to possibly be added later. And you don't "need" to grind out the old factions right away not like they have rewards that are "needed" for end game....
90 Night Elf Hunter
And I agree there needs to be some way to tell when you have bought the commendation from the faction and used it. I actually created a post on it, but with all the other complaints about this patch it was off the front page in about 10 seconds.
100 Blood Elf Paladin
11/28/2012 07:25 AMPosted by Skjellyfetti
And I agree there needs to be some way to tell when you have bought the commendation from the faction and used it. I actually created a post on it, but with all the other complaints about this patch it was off the front page in about 10 seconds.

Indeed. How do we know which factions we bought the commendation for and which ones we did not? This is a shameful oversight to what blue is championing as their big relief improvement for the rep grind.

I think calling it a "shameful oversight" is a little much. The whole "buy an item" to begin with was just because they wanted you to feel like you did something to enable it, not just "hey look, I have double honor now." Though that does not mean I don't wish there was something in the UI telling it.
90 Goblin Mage
11/28/2012 07:25 AMPosted by Skjellyfetti
Indeed. How do we know which factions we bought the commendation for and which ones we did not? This is a shameful oversight to what blue is championing as their big relief improvement for the rep grind.

/eyeroll

Drama club auditions are across the hall, but I wouldn't get your hopes up, with that kind of overacting.

Here's how you make this a total non-issue:
1. Next time you log in, buy commendations for every faction for which you are at least revered on at least one character.
2. Next time you do a quest that gives you normal reputation and bumps you up to revered, buy a commendation for that faction.

That's it. You don't have to remember anything at all.
91 Tauren Druid
What if i want to earn rep the hard way :(
91 Tauren Druid
now the reputation kite mount isn't going to feel as exclusive. :/
100 Draenei Shaman
Good. I am only able/willing to do dailies for one char (or 10-20 over mutiple chars) in a day at the absolute most. And this might make it possible to still get some rep gear for alts.
90 Goblin Mage
11/28/2012 09:30 AMPosted by Pawnzerkin
What if i want to earn rep the hard way :(

Then don't buy the commendations, and do the daily quests in greys.
100 Human Warrior
11/28/2012 05:03 PMPosted by Skjellyfetti

/eyeroll

Drama club auditions are across the hall, but I wouldn't get your hopes up, with that kind of overacting.

Here's how you make this a total non-issue:
1. Next time you log in, buy commendations for every faction for which you are at least revered on at least one character.
2. Next time you do a quest that gives you normal reputation and bumps you up to revered, buy a commendation for that faction.

That's it. You don't have to remember anything at all.

I'm revered with 4 factions. I've bought 2 (or maybe 3) of the tokens yesterday, but I don't remember which ones. How do I know which ones I still need to buy?

Do a daily and see if you get the bonus for that faction when you turn in a quest. If you dont, you didnt get it yet.
90 Orc Warlock
why the commendations? why not make a BoA tabard that u can buy after revered? just saying makes a happy middle
100 Draenei Death Knight
Even with the rep bonus, having to do the grinds again to gear my alts, still feels tedious and annoying...I mean, it's not a bad idea, and it's an okay compromise. And at least can get it done in half the time, but it's still going to take a while.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]