Upcoming Reputation Changes

(Locked)

Yeah there should definitely be something in the UI saying you bought these. I don't understand why you can purchase the commendations again-they don't even say 'already used' or 'already purchased' or something like that.
60 Night Elf Druid
I'm curious how this will interact with reputations that can be lowered as well as raised. (For example, Steemweedle Cartel, Bloodsail Buccaneers.)
100 Blood Elf Paladin
Can we also bring back the tabards earning rep system? That way I can grind rep, gear, achievements, and jp/vp at the same time. Being a college student with a job I won't have the time to grind out dailies and get left behind in the dust, and loved the old method of doing dailies and dungeons to get the needed rep.
100 Night Elf Druid
01/10/2013 06:59 PMPosted by Inoruuk
That way I can grind rep, gear, achievements, and jp/vp at the same time

That's why they were taken out. One activity should not yield the rewards of multiple activities, making other play choices undesirable if not obsolete.

Also, your request is a little off-topic for this thread. It's sometimes best to start your own thread rather than bringing up one on a different topic, or keep searching for something about tabards for rep rather than a specific change to rep gain.
90 Gnome Warlock
That way I can grind rep, gear, achievements, and jp/vp at the same time

That's why they were taken out. One activity should not yield the rewards of multiple activities, making other play choices undesirable if not obsolete.

Now see, your answer is your own opinion and I really don't understand why it should matter how people choose to grind rep, gear, or whatever. I liked the tabards that gave rep myself. They were an enjoyable part of the game. What we have now is awful and I've already cancelled my sub. Trying to figure out how to boost my i-level just to do the 470 i-level raids, since it will be weeks before i can purchase any rep gear (if I even waste my time grinding the rep) is straight up dumb. And in contrast to Cata's LFR where I had so much fun with gear drops that I was leveling multiple alts to 85 just to do LFR, I don't even feel like wasting my time with my one main in MoP's LFR.

Not seeing loot drop in raids is a ridiculous decision by blizzard since seeing gear drop after a boss kill is half the fun of the boss fight. It's also half the motivation to come back because yous see gear that you want.

With rep, I dont completely dislike grinding rep, but I do when I'm told how fast i can grind it and by being limited to only a few daily quests a day. Having Shado-pan rep stop right before honored and forcing you to grind up to revered with Golden Lotus before you can continue doing Shado-Pan rep is downright asinine. There is a lot of good stuff in MoP, but a lot of horrible decisions as well.

Gearing and getting rep in MoP is by far the worst stuff in wow that I've seen in a while, marring an otherwise enjoyable system.
Edited by Discobiscuit on 1/10/2013 7:31 PM PST
90 Night Elf Mage
That sounds amazing.
100 Tauren Hunter
about in time~
90 Draenei Paladin
WHAT AN AWESOME IDEA! I can't wait for it to be implemented!!

Oh...wait a minute. ACH! ZOMBIE THREAD!
100 Night Elf Druid
Holy necro.
100 Orc Hunter
Necro true, but it got me curious...why did we not hear about other reps from previous xpacs having something like this for 2 years now they haven't said anything.

I actually got excited reading the first page, then say the date and was "Oh crap" I guess I won't be exalted with AB/WSG this century...
90 Night Elf Druid
LOL, I did as well Hand.
100 Night Elf Priest
10/27/2014 05:22 AMPosted by Handcake
Necro true, but it got me curious...why did we not hear about other reps from previous xpacs having something like this for 2 years now they haven't said anything.

Is this still a possibility for the older reps?
90 Pandaren Monk
10/04/2012 10:05 AMPosted by Crithto
The Revered character earns double reputation as he or she works toward Exalted

Not exactly sure what the point is behind the set reputation value at exalted is then? Why not keep that the same? This coming from someone who enjoys grinding reputations (the first time that is).

My point is, I'll take the increased rate from revered to exalted but I just don't see how it makes sense.
Edited by Hunan on 10/27/2014 6:33 AM PDT
does this affect alll rep? or just Panda and WoD?
77 Blood Elf Death Knight
WTFFFFFFFFFFFF
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]