Spirit of Harmony - brilliant idea blizz.

90 Orc Death Knight
Seriously, I was skeptical at first. But after seeing how this expansion works I like it. I see a common theme here:

- Nodes are plentiful. This is great; helps kill botting. That means these aren't the bottleneck anymore, and also means I'm not competing against some king-pen who has 1mill stashed away and can login for 20 minutes a day or camp the ah. Now, I get to get a real return on my own investment (SoH).

- Dailies are similiar. No more gating me with 25 dailies a day, do as many as you want. You get out of it what you'll put into it.

This also allows the items to be worth more, as the market isn't flooded with them. I really do love the idea blizz, great job.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
I agree.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
It should also be noted that a number of the Scribe 470 epics are BoA as well as BoE. This means that your alts will have use for them even after you get an upgrade in the later patches.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warlock
I agree as well!
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Priest
I disagree. Spirit of Harmony is the worst idea ever. It doesn't matter how plentiful mats are if you have no Harmonies.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Ghatok, you are absolutely right. I've heard some negative comments about how annoying SoH's are to farm, but I think we need it this way. Cata was a pain with all the botting for things like Whiptail. Orbs were rough to get as a crafter because not only did we spend the time in the dungeon, but it wasn't a guaranteed thing to receive. We are all at the fate of our dice rolls. Now we get exactly what we put in for. It seems all professions now have a way to make some coin if effort is used.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Death Knight
10/04/2012 10:16 AMPosted by Healeighgee
I disagree. Spirit of Harmony is the worst idea ever. It doesn't matter how plentiful mats are if you have no Harmonies.
Go farm.

You end up putting in about the same amount of time as if you were gathering, but instead you're killing things.

Problem solved.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
10/04/2012 10:18 AMPosted by Malmström
Go farm.

You end up putting in about the same amount of time as if you were gathering, but instead you're killing things.

Problem solved.

And really, isn't this game entirely about finding hostile creatures and murdering them for their personal possessions?
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Warrior
I'm torn....I've been able to get a few on this toon but as of yet doesn't need them but, I can't seem to get any on my Shaman who is an engineer and needs them badly to save my life.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Death Knight
10/04/2012 10:19 AMPosted by Infernalist
And really, isn't this game entirely about finding hostile creatures and murdering them for their personal possessions?
Exactly!

Murder in the face - get phat lewtz.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warrior
I like the idea of them being BoP, but they really need to be BoA at some point
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
While i hate the low drop rate for the motes, it does encourage me to get out there and explore. Cheers to you, Blizzard.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest
10/04/2012 10:18 AMPosted by Malmström
Go farm.

Problem solved.

Unfortunately, RNG is RNG. I have a total of four spirits on this toon, and I only did 4 dungeons from 85-90, 3 if you don't count one level 89 run of Brewfest. I'm also a miner so I killed a lot of mobs whilst out farming.

If the Gods are against you, it doesn't matter how much you farm.
Reply Quote
5 Gnome Mage

That's where the effort comes in, and the exact point that OP likes about SoH. You have to farm them to get the good items so that the guy who just has 1mil lying around can't just buy his way in to them.
Reply Quote
93 Draenei Shaman

This isn't as problematic as the BOP chaos orbs were back in the day, since those could only drop from heroic bosses and lesser geared alts working professions couldn't obtain them. At least these randomly drop with a lot of kills in ordinary mobs, including in the course of ordinary questing, so even the crafting alts can get what they need.
Edited by Zigman on 10/4/2012 10:25 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
i like the spirit of harmony tho my only complaint is that they are BoP, i would love it if they were BoA so i would be able to share them with alts and vice versa.
Reply Quote
I love the Spirit of Harmony.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Death Knight
10/04/2012 10:21 AMPosted by Kimjongheal
Unfortunately, RNG is RNG. I have a total of four spirits on this toon, and I only did 4 dungeons from 85-90, 3 if you don't count one level 89 run of Brewfest. I'm also a miner so I killed a lot of mobs whilst out farming.
Level 90 mobs have a 15% chance to drop it. Go find camps of guys, like maybe where dailies take place, and go to town.

It's easy for me to be cynical though.

I did a lot of farming last week.

I think I have 60 or so.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
10/04/2012 10:22 AMPosted by Judgedredde
if you have revered rep with the tillers/farmers you can literally grow motes of harmony

This.
You can get up to 16 motes a day just through literally farming them with real effort on your part.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]