Character Transfer - "An error has occurred"

Hello,

I am currently trying to transfer my character Greatbeard from Dalvengyr to Mannoroth and every time I get to the part where it asks you to enter your realm I enter Dalvengyr and click continue. When I click continue I get the "An error has occurred" at the top of the screen in red.

I want to point out that I have no mail, auctions, or arena teams while I am transferring.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
Hello,

I am currently trying to transfer my character Greatbeard from Dalvengyr to Mannoroth and every time I get to the part where it asks you to enter your realm I enter Dalvengyr and click continue. When I click continue I get the "An error has occurred" at the top of the screen in red.

I want to point out that I have no mail, auctions, or arena teams while I am transferring.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

This could be a few things.

First, I'd rule out a browser issue. Clear your cookies/cache and/or try another browser.

I'd also recommend double checking the information on your Billing Profile - and making sure it's selected as primary.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6147177758
Reply Quote
I have been using Google Chrome and I tried Internet Explorer both with no luck. I will double check billing info.
Reply Quote
I checked the billing info and everything seems to be in order.
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
10/04/2012 11:01 AMPosted by Greatbeard
I checked the billing info and everything seems to be in order.

Nuts.

Well, at this point, contacting Billing is your next option. They may be able to assist with this manually.

I checked the usual suspects - and didn't see anything that would be blocking this character either.
Reply Quote
I'm not taking nuts as a solution. You won't get off that easy.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Mage
Just thought I'd chime in because I had the same problem for the past 2 days.

I just called Blizzard, and I gotta say, the guy that helped me was awesome.
The problem was that the server I was transferring my character to already had all the character slots taken (10). So I had to delete one toon and then I was able to do the transfer.

I bet that's what's happening to you :)
Reply Quote
55 Blood Elf Paladin
<- Also having this problem.

I do have a character of the same name on the target realm. Could that cause a problem?
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
10/04/2012 11:05 AMPosted by Greatbeard
I'm not taking nuts as a solution. You won't get off that easy.

She gave you a solution. Call billing.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
<- Also having this problem.

I do have a character of the same name on the target realm. Could that cause a problem?

unless something has changed recently- no. I've done this before and it allowed the transfer but flagged the transferring character for a name change upon completion. If you've tried clearing cookies/cache and tried a different browser (as well as insured target realm is not full as previous poster mentioned) I would go ahead and call billing at this point. Good luck!
Edited by Kahlly on 10/5/2012 10:00 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]