Monk PVP

70 Human Warrior
Is it just me or do Monks absolutely SUCK at pvp ?

Id prefer a druid, pally or disc priest healer

Id prefer a DK or Warrior as a survivability "tank"

Id prefer almost anything else as a dps

I think monks are fine in PVE (really they are)

But in PVP this really seems like the undeniable worst class in the game ATM

If im missing something please enlighten me, seriously. Id appreciate it
Reply Quote
41 Blood Elf Rogue
You've hit the nail on the head.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Edited by Lovehandls on 12/10/2012 12:04 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
I think you guys are just really bad if you think it's "so broken it's not even funny."
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
10/05/2012 02:31 PMPosted by Mistfallen
I think you guys are just really bad if you think it's "so broken it's not even funny."

Yeah, I think its the correct amount of broken to just be funny. Its mos def not past funny, correct amount of broken.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
I have to agree with you, im tank/dps for my guilds heroics and raids but I feel like im forced to gear up and heal to be useful in pvp at all... Were serious terrible... About the best ive been able to do is Touch of Karma an EFC, pop Xuen, and spam Spinning crane kick in the middle of about 6 people defending >.<.
Reply Quote
59 Pandaren Monk
*tinfoil hat*

Maybe they're staring them off weak, unlike Death Knights, so they can find a niche for them to set in.

*/tinfoil hat*
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
*tinfoil hat*

Maybe they're staring them off weak, unlike Death Knights, so they can find a niche for them to set in.

*/tinfoil hat*

There's no conspiracy here---that is exactly what GC stated they are doing. Specifically, they'd rather tune monks up than down, since nerfs always leads to nerdrage.
Edited by Fatcobra on 10/5/2012 3:10 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
<--- 2K Warrior

I've lost every world pvp 1v1 encounter I've been in while leveling as a WW.

I'm about to scrap this toon and start my Frost DK again.

BTW - !@#$ MAGES...
Edited by Reeva on 10/5/2012 3:18 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
10/05/2012 02:50 PMPosted by Artanys

That could very well be the case, and I'm self-aware enough to accept responsibility for my faults.

But I've been doing everything within my power to make this work. I'm macroed, keybound, and set up. I've been trying to incorporate everything I can from every piece of info I've read. And the only place I can make this work is 1v1. And even then, it's iffy.

If you can help me out, I'm your eager student.

I could help you out, but you don't have the moves yet, and It didn't really start clicking until I started getting full pvp gear
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
I like when the only people complaining are those not at level cap.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Right now I find my absolute biggest problems to be Mages of any breed and Shadowpriests.

It absolutely angers me to the point where I will be the first to say "I mad bro" when I fight these classes/specs. Frost mage is "oh look I'm rooted/stunned/snared again" and Shadowpriest is "lol I'll just /dance while my dots kill him and he sadly attempts to pound my face in, yet is unable to break my PWS"

So broken. It's a disgrace.

Why did it get through beta like this? Because beta is closed. Not enough people play it, let alone PvP in it, to determine these problems as being major while in said closed environment. You will only find out in an open live environment like we have. Unfortunately it cost me 3 days of played time to find out how bad Monks really are at 90.

At least we own as PvE carebears...
Reply Quote
82 Pandaren Monk

I have to agree, I actually laughed at least two or more times. So indeed it IS funny.
Reply Quote
I remember my first expansion.....

People act like they're just going to pick up the monk class like a Death Knight and wreck people in bgs. Many people just need to figure things out correctly, obviously the people crying about mages and 1v1. I've smashed people utilizing cooldowns and honestly waiting for DR's on mages while self-healing until using my offensive cds.

These things do not happen overnight. Take it easy and work into your class. Its the beginning of the expansion these things take time; most of you don't even have gear yet and scaling is still a big deal.
Reply Quote
86 Goblin Rogue
I can't comment on lvl 90 monks yet I just hit 60 but so far I've done a lot of BG's as mist weaver, wind walker, and brewmaster, and I love them all. Brewmaster carrying the flag is awesome, mist weaver on AB was a blast, and I always enjoy wind walker. BG's aside though on my pvp server I've been jumped a lot and have yet to die to world pvp except when a skull got me once and two ally's both 63 yanked me while I was 59. I've owned a hunter, Mage, two other monks, a pally, and a warrior. All jumped me first and all but once I was killing quest mobs when they attacked. I am not usually good at pvp unless I'm on my rogue. But so far I'm impressed. I hope it isn't as bad as y'all say at 90 but leveling so far I'm loving pvp.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
The survivablity as a mistweaver is awful! sure I get top heals in bg but my god if I get focused its all over but the crying.. I mean if we are stunned/ silenced its all over.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
Windwalker pvp

Its too hard to stay on targets, roll almost never puts you in range on a moving target, which in pvp is every target.

Also because of all this you dont have time to stack tiger strikes because you know you have so little uptime that you need to bust out whatever you can before you get rooted/kited again.

Really need something like a range increase on disable for a few seconds after you roll, or have it so the 10 yard disable aura activates for a few seconds after you roll and snares anyone within its range without needing to snare them first.
Edited by Ithkuil on 10/5/2012 10:15 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]