Monk PVP

90 Pandaren Monk
Tylaw, i have the same gear as u, cept Mal weps, just need to change ur glyphs and are u a clicker or keybind? jw
Reply Quote
Our damage is fine on live. No one was complaining about Monk damage.

Blizz overbuffed it.

Monk survivability is horrible. Their heals are low, and they have no damage midigation abilities.

Blizz Nerfs Survivability.

Monks have nothing to bring to a rated BG situation.

Blizzard trolls us by giving us an amazing skill made for RBGs, then nerfs it to uselessness.

So yeah, they kind of did nothing for us really.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Xangxu, read the patch notes on us, were getting 100% buff to our heals, were getting a 8yrd silence, disarm (also stops auto attack) were getting our own version of spirit wolves, i think monks are gonna be amazing for rbgs in the next patch.
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
I'm actually really happy with windwalker PvP. The main issues I currently see is that we don't synergize well with many arena comps because of the way our cc works. We are also pretty defenseless when caught in a stun.

We have great mobility and escape moves and I feel like the monk play style revolves more around utilizing our mobility and self-healing to duck in and out of combat. We also have relatively short cooldowns which serve to be beneficial when kiting opponents. This allows us to re-engage the enemy quite strongly.

I've actually just started a Warcraft related youtube channel. Here is a cool video of one of my arena matches in which a 1v1 situation arises with me against a warlock. I think it kind of showcases what I'm talking about.

Check it out - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ClGJNtXT4_k
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
Guess I'm the only one on top the healing charts with the least amount of deaths.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
So many bad people QQ'ing...
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
So many people in this forum that have no pvp record to speak of making proclamations about how it is just that people are bad. I checked lots of the people talking about their skill and the lack of problems with monk. I wish I would have found just one toon that had a high rating. Unfortunately the "high" ones were in the 1600s.

I like many people with monks hope that the 5.2 changes do in turn help bring up ww monk to a level that is comparable with some of the other classes. I think either way monk will always require a high degree of skill/practice/key binding, but that effort should be rewarded with a decent amount of pvp ownage.

Since I can not get most of the pvp gear while leveling i am forced to just work on technique. Hopefully when I can actually hit 90, all that practice will be worth it and the pvp gear along with 5.2 changes will prove a great combo.
Reply Quote
I'm a 2300 ret, with a week left of 5.1, and i'm still missing 2 pieces of malevolent. I can manage to beat just about any t2 full malev upgraded spriests. Mages however !@#$ on us in duels, no doubt about it. I feel like monks are really good in 1v1, but in arena we're horrible. Even in rbgs (if played REALLY well) you can be a pretty decent support class, (in like the 1500-2k bracket of course.) Hopefully 5.2 will be better for us, otherwise, i'm just quiting this game honestly.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
I have to agree with you, im tank/dps for my guilds heroics and raids but I feel like im forced to gear up and heal to be useful in pvp at all... Were serious terrible... About the best ive been able to do is Touch of Karma an EFC, pop Xuen, and spam Spinning crane kick in the middle of about 6 people defending >.<.

this!!!! I'v been here.
Edited by Nakoruru on 2/23/2013 10:21 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Undead Monk
windwalker is fine, i have no trouple solo wpvping, bgs and arena is fine, you just have to practice and work hard at learning the timing on ur cds and tweaking ur spec around to fit the way you play, i can beat warriors and hunters which seem to be the strongest pvp class, so i would say monks are not on the bottom #buff enhance shamans
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
So many people in this forum that have no pvp record to speak of making proclamations about how it is just that people are bad. I checked lots of the people talking about their skill and the lack of problems with monk. I wish I would have found just one toon that had a high rating. Unfortunately the "high" ones were in the 1600s.

< 2.2k+ RBG here (2.4k CR), http://i.imgur.com/lyT0r.jpg. lol, rbg is srsbznrite?
I would say that MW is currently worse than rdruid, rsham and hpally in arena. See that they took original ring of peace away, along -2 sec spear hand strike silence on PTR therefore I am done with this class.

Spam healing sphere in arena make me feel like a herp derp clicker.
Edited by Ningna on 2/23/2013 10:22 PM PST
Reply Quote
55 Draenei Death Knight
ive played wow for around 3 years and all the classes are great even the monk but i play pvp sometimes and my monk is always the lowest kills and monst deaths person i think they should make them better in pvp.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Monk
With the buffs they got I find it quite a bit better. Root a healer then ring of piece....Dead haha. I love the changes so far this patch.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
While I don't play a high lvl monk, my boyfriend does and I would say he definitely proves the monk to be an amazing class. Many people may not play the class right or have a decent rotation down which I witnessed first hand in the last couple weeks while doing some normal raids.
I have noticed the roll can be horrible... being that im still new to the class I am not at all good at aiming my roll I find myself rolling into mobs, trees etc etc.. I found that if you have a mouse with key bindable button's on the side, the best thing to do is use one of them for the roll. That way you can aim and roll into the target your looking to get to.

If anyone is interested you can go watch this video. Monk/Rogue 2v2 arena team. I would say monks do pretty well in pvp. :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dei51FP4wFI
Reply Quote
Unfortunately, ww monks are NOT viable in RBG's at all. MW's are, but not WW's...

It's a harsh time, because it seems like RBGs are becoming more popular then arenas now.

I went back to my shadow priest, honestly...
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Monk
I'm having fun on my monk in rbgs, I know 1800 is no bigs to some of you 2k+ people but its higher than I could push on my dk or mage. I feel like we have a nice toolkit.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
WW monks are most definitely broken. The damage they do is laughable in comparison to other DPS from what I've seen. We also lack hard CC. Try coming up against a retribution paladin in a duel and you will know pain. No stopping that healing or bursting it down as a WW monk.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]