Monk PVP

Mistweaver is pretty good. Otherwise, brew/wind are terrible.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Windwalkers are complete garbage in pvp I'm 90 and just got ganked by an 87 blood dk. He had no pvp gear on save for the trinket and i have legs and belt pvp gear on. By the time I damaged through his blood shield he had me at ~50% hp. i leg sweeped and used chi wave and expel harm to heal up then went back to getting raped some more the whole time he was at 100% hp bc i couldn't do enough damage to break through his blood shield before he would just death strike a new one on. I used every cd i had, and every ability i could muster including using Xuen to help me damage him and chi wave on cd and expel harm constantly to heal. I looked him up in armory and he is in 404 blues with his cata pvp trinket and I'm in 463 heroic blues with the crafted legs and the 483 belt from Sha of Anger. This is ridiculous. If I can't beat an ally 3 lvs lower then max how am I supposed to go against 90's in full pvp gear??!?!?!?!?

Monks are great at PvE but worthless in PvP
Edited by Drunknmaster on 10/6/2012 3:46 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
I not sure what up with you guys. Yes windwalker isn't faceroll like other classes, but im hitting 70k+ crits with rising sun kick every 8 sec plus letting people kill them selves fighting me with touch or karma. Not to mention then dmg reduction cd,s fist stun after paralyze, then to top if off people cant run from you with the roll and FSK plus properly using SFB. Not sure what all the qq is for. Its not "fine" by any means, but i can beat any class 1v1 except bm hunters. If your fighting a lot of ranged class, pick up glyph of touch of karma and let them knock half their health while bursting you. Or use Zen meditation to chop their casting dmg by 90%. Just read watch YouTube and play around. its not that hard.
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
Windwalkers are complete garbage in pvp I'm 90 and just got ganked by an 87 blood dk. He had no pvp gear on save for the trinket and i have legs and belt pvp gear on. By the time I damaged through his blood shield he had me at ~50% hp. i leg sweeped and used chi wave and expel harm to heal up then went back to getting raped some more the whole time he was at 100% hp bc i couldn't do enough damage to break through his blood shield before he would just death strike a new one on. I used every cd i had, and every ability i could muster including using Xuen to help me damage him and chi wave on cd and expel harm constantly to heal. I looked him up in armory and he is in 404 blues with his cata pvp trinket and I'm in 463 heroic blues with the crafted legs and the 483 belt from Sha of Anger. This is ridiculous. If I can't beat an ally 3 lvs lower then max how am I supposed to go against 90's in full pvp gear??!?!?!?!?

Well, I just soloed 2 90 frost dks easily. Maybe you are just complete garbage?
Reply Quote
82 Pandaren Monk

Or maybe you're talking out of your a$%.

Edit: also in your 3 v 3 team you're 4 - 7

and

22 - 20 in 2 v 2.

Not maybe you ARE talking out of your a%$.
Edited by Eggshan on 10/6/2012 5:15 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
Just saying, brothas and sistas from another grandmother in China from a the top hills, you guys are fine. Your healing while tanks is good, your pvp is damn decent. Unless you sukc...then sorry... your bad. I like pvping monks. You guys are perfect atm. (op tbh but hey your a 'chinese hero class-type'
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Monk
Frost DKs are easy as a WW, just dispel the diseases and watch their damage/heals go down the toilet.

Now go beat a competent warrior, you'll get owned hard.
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk

and

22 - 20 in 2 v 2.

I also have gladiator, and you don't have any arena games. Why don't you go mess around in arena and get 1 shot by hunter/arms teams. Oh wait, you aren't max level and don't pvp
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Monk

I also have gladiator, and you don't have any arena games. Why don't you go mess around in arena and get 1 shot by hunter/arms teams.

I hate 2s for this very reason. Trying to get good at MW so I can try some 3s teams. Still doesn't help about 5-8 seconds of CC on me and someone is dead, usually me if none of those CCs are stuns.
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk

I also have gladiator, and you don't have any arena games. Why don't you go mess around in arena and get 1 shot by hunter/arms teams.

I hate 2s for this very reason. Trying to get good at MW so I can try some 3s teams. Still doesn't help about 5-8 seconds of CC on me and someone is dead, usually me if none of those CCs are stuns.

It's crazy how much burst they have right now. I was watching a video of a bm hunter with 3 pvp pieces globaling people in 2s by himself. Bm/arms is just way over the top right now in my opinion
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Monk

It's crazy how much burst they have right now. I was watching a video of a bm hunter with 3 pvp pieces globaling people in 2s by himself. Bm/arms is just way over the top right now in my opinion

I wanna see a 5s team of all warriors/BM hunters. 2 people on the opposing team drop right out of the gate with the third not too far behind. Would be glorious, thats for sure. Only things that could live would be a mage/pally, but not for long. lol.

Question, does Skull Banner stack with itself if multiple warriors use it?
Edited by Lightvoid on 10/6/2012 6:51 PM PDT
Reply Quote
82 Pandaren Monk

and

22 - 20 in 2 v 2.

I also have gladiator, and you don't have any arena games. Why don't you go mess around in arena and get 1 shot by hunter/arms teams. Oh wait, you aren't max level and don't pvp

I don't have any games because this is my first character. Purchased the game a few weeks back and got the digital download on a great deal.

You have gladiator yet throw out these crazy claims all the while the proof you have to show for it is being 4-7 in 3v3? Really?

How in the hell does a gladiator do so poorly?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Monk

I don't have any games because this is my first character. Purchased the game a few weeks back and got the digital download on a great deal.

You have gladiator yet throw out these crazy claims all the while the proof you have to show for it is being 4-7 in 3v3? Really?

Have fun with WoW! Its a pretty reliable MMO to come back to if you leave from being bored. This used to go to City of Heroes, but NCsoft shut that down with the release of Guild Wars 2, so WoW is now the best MMO in all regards besides graphics.

BM/war/x teams are very common this season. Your very happy if you see a RMP, but you'll most likely see TSG which is pretty bad because its a warrior with a DK keeping you rooted and a ret pally stunning you/healing everyone.

PvP as mistweaver and try to make yourself as unkillable as you possibly can. I've made so many warriors rage because they spend their double time charges AND heroic leap and still can't catch me as a mistweaver. (More so because they try to hamstring me while I'm in charge stun, and dematerialize nullifies that completely.)

Also fun killing a mage as a MW because they can't kill you through your heals and you do almost as much as WW pvp.
Edited by Lightvoid on 10/6/2012 7:00 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk

here you go troll, now go away:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-436SM4Rkxw
Reply Quote
90 Undead Monk
You haven't lived until you do IoC or AV, and run into a huge group of horde and allies, and start using SCK. Half a billion healing in 2 minutes.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Monk
Is it just me or do Monks absolutely SUCK at pvp ?

Id prefer a druid, pally or disc priest healer

Id prefer a DK or Warrior as a survivability "tank"

Id prefer almost anything else as a dps

I think monks are fine in PVE (really they are)

But in PVP this really seems like the undeniable worst class in the game ATM

If im missing something please enlighten me, seriously. Id appreciate it

At the moment PVE damage is extremely miss leading from pvp dmg for sure.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Monk
I will say however we have a lot of mitigation talents but the dmg we mitigate even with TOK up miss directing dmg it's not enough.

We could use a tad buff nothing insane.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]