Best wow mouse OSX compatible???

22 Dwarf Warlock
Best wow mouse OSX compatible???

Which amuse are you apple people using???
Reply Quote
85 Human Rogue
The one where I use a PC instead.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Warrior
Mac user here, I use a plain old wired logitech one with a mouse wheel. I hate mice that force me to screw around with batteries and installing drivers and crap. I like it where I can just plug it in and start using it and don't have to worry about my batteries dying on me in the middle of a battleground.

And no way I'm blowing money on an apple mouse because it's like they go out of their way to make those things as unfriendly to gamers as possible.
Reply Quote
You can use ANY mouse with a Mac. Anything USB or Bluetooth.

I'm using a Kensington 3-button mouse. WoW understands the right-click on Mac the same way it does Windows.
Edited by Sonicgott on 10/4/2012 2:50 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Mage
My Razer Naga works on my mac.
Reply Quote
22 Dwarf Warlock
Well i usually set my mouse button to alt and control so i need 2 buttons at least and a driver to set those buttons to what i want...

I know any usb will work but if it has extra buttons some times it doesn't, like the data mouse even had osx drivers and didn't work...
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Hunter
I'm using a left-handed Razer Deathadder, which works pretty well.

I would love to use a Naga, but they don't make a left-handed one (at least not yet, I hear they do have one in the works).

I also have a copy of Controllermate (http://www.orderedbytes.com/controllermate/) which quite robust and fairly easy to use. It lets me talk to just about any devices that require drivers that aren't Mac compatible.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Warrior
Apple = simplicity.

Apple makers/users are not gamers. They're hipsters and elderly people. One button is all they need for any of their purposes. You'll pay 8x for that button that you'd pay for 3 buttons on the simplest of PC mice.
Reply Quote
1 Gnome Priest
naga if you need a lot of buttons. If you don't, I really like the deathadder.
Reply Quote
1 Gnome Priest
Apple = simplicity.

Apple makers/users are not gamers. They're hipsters and elderly people. One button is all they need for any of their purposes. You'll pay 8x for that button that you'd pay for 3 buttons on the simplest of PC mice.

Sorry, unix users are not less sophisticated than windows users. To claim otherwise is a little silly. Macs haven't made a desktop with a 1 button mouse in a very long time.
Reply Quote
66 Pandaren Monk
Steel series Cata mouse. Love it. Not a ton of button but a few well placed ones to bind important skills to. Plus is glows and pulses :P
Reply Quote
22 Dwarf Warlock
so naga vs G600?
Reply Quote
85 Human Rogue
10/04/2012 03:05 PMPosted by Khoun
Steel series Cata mouse. Love it. Not a ton of button but a few well placed ones to bind important skills to. Plus is glows and pulses :P

I ended up returning that. I couldn't get used to the 700 programmable buttons and kept hitting the wrong ones, or multiple ones at the same time by accident. I think my finders are too fat.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warrior
Lol. Never post about Macs in general discussion. You'll only get flamed by PC fanboys.

And Stinkyfinger, your an idiot. I'm more of a gamer then you are. I own nearly every console that has been released since the 90s.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Death Knight
10/04/2012 03:17 PMPosted by Texasdagger

I ended up returning that. I couldn't get used to the 700 programmable buttons and kept hitting the wrong ones, or multiple ones at the same time by accident. I think my finders are too fat.

I use that mouse and its the only multi button mouse I've used that I don't hit the wrong keys.

Works great on Mac too.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Warrior
Apple = simplicity.

Sorry, unix users are not less sophisticated than windows users. To claim otherwise is a little silly. Macs haven't made a desktop with a 1 button mouse in a very long time.

Nobody is talking about Unix here. OSX is Unix-based, but no Mac uses Unix. It uses stupid names like Lion and Baby Zebra.
Reply Quote
100 Human Priest
This thread is certainly going places! Like to the gutter.
Reply Quote
1 Gnome Priest

Nobody is talking about Unix here. OSX is Unix-based, but no Mac uses Unix. It uses stupid names like Lion and Baby Zebra.

Mountain Lion is Unix 03 certified.

http://blog.opengroup.org/2012/07/25/apple-registers-mac-os-x-10-8-mountain-lion-to-the-unix-03-standard/

As were lion, snow leopard, and leopard.

So yeah, os x is a certified unix. Unix users (including those that use macs) are not simple users, therefore your statement is problematic.

Certainly there are some mac users who are as you describe, but there are also those who just use it as a more commercial unix system.
Edited by Mescyn on 10/4/2012 6:15 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warrior
I verify my point that Stinkyfinger is an idiot.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Warrior

Mountain Lion is Unix 03 certified.

http://blog.opengroup.org/2012/07/25/apple-registers-mac-os-x-10-8-mountain-lion-to-the-unix-03-standard/

As were lion, snow leopard, and leopard.

So yeah, os x is a certified unix. Unix users (including those that use macs) are not simple users, therefore your statement is problematic.

Certainly there are some mac users who are as you describe, but there are also those who just use it as a more commercial unix system.

I'd like to see you find five Mac users that even know what Unix is.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]