Best wow mouse OSX compatible???

90 Undead Priest
Mac user.. I know what Unix is. I know what OS2 is as well as every other operating system from the beginning of the PC including dos.

I'm gonna jump on the Stinkyfinger is an idiot bus. :)
Reply Quote
7 Worgen Rogue
stinkyfinger is indeed proving to be quite the idiot.

ive used macs and pcs for years in both gaming and music production...

if youre really "anti" anything, it should be ignorance..

both platforms have their pros and cons, just like most choices in life..

guess what people, it's not a war! celebrate the fact that you have an option..

edit: i too, know what unix is... !
Edited by Robotface on 1/4/2013 4:00 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Hunter
Apple = simplicity.

Apple makers/users are not gamers. They're hipsters and elderly people. One button is all they need for any of their purposes. You'll pay 8x for that button that you'd pay for 3 buttons on the simplest of PC mice.

... actually the magic mouse is the best desktop mouse out there, its both a mouse and a trackpad because the surface is multi-touch.

On the other hand its an horrible gaming mouse and I dont like wireless mouse, so I currently used the diablo mouse and my wife use a wired logitech gaming mouse. We also both used the Apple wired keyboard with the num keypad.

For mac users, you can disable the mac mouse acceleration with the following commands in terminal:
defaults write .GlobalPreferences com.apple.mouse.scaling -1
defaults write .GlobalPreferences com.apple.trackpad.scaling -1

after that the mouse will behave more like in windows. Again, when in apps the mac mouse acceleration is great, but for games its horrible.
Edited by Siamoise on 1/5/2013 6:59 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
10/04/2012 03:05 PMPosted by Khoun
Steel series Cata mouse. Love it. Not a ton of button but a few well placed ones to bind important skills to. Plus is glows and pulses :P

^ This. There's actually a new wireless edition out now as well. Fewer buttons than a Naga, but they're not all lazily slapped onto to one side in rows but rather are spread logically and comfortably in various places. Five on the left, five on the top, and one on the right for your ring finger, plus your standard mouse buttons of course.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Death Knight

Mountain Lion is Unix 03 certified.

http://blog.opengroup.org/2012/07/25/apple-registers-mac-os-x-10-8-mountain-lion-to-the-unix-03-standard/

As were lion, snow leopard, and leopard.

So yeah, os x is a certified unix. Unix users (including those that use macs) are not simple users, therefore your statement is problematic.

Certainly there are some mac users who are as you describe, but there are also those who just use it as a more commercial unix system.

I'd like to see you find five Mac users that even know what Unix is.

I'm one, I've used HP UX, Solaris, Linux (Many flavours), Mac OS X and Windows (since Windows 1.1) and good old DOS (PC, MS and DR). I have both Windows PC's and Mac's in my home. Everything works great. You just need to know how to use them.

I'm getting tired of all the people that bash Macs or PC. Who the F&%K cares!!!! Grow up and learn a few things before you speak! I think those that bash are just afraid to try or do not fully understand.
Reply Quote
100 Human Warlock
I like the Razer Naga. Very comfortable for the average right-handed person, with lots of buttons to bind your abilities to.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid

Mountain Lion is Unix 03 certified.

http://blog.opengroup.org/2012/07/25/apple-registers-mac-os-x-10-8-mountain-lion-to-the-unix-03-standard/

As were lion, snow leopard, and leopard.

So yeah, os x is a certified unix. Unix users (including those that use macs) are not simple users, therefore your statement is problematic.

Certainly there are some mac users who are as you describe, but there are also those who just use it as a more commercial unix system.

I'd like to see you find five Mac users that even know what Unix is.

Make that four, now.

However, I do believe this thread is about optimally suitable mice for Macs and gaming, right?

Logitech has a decent "gaming" mouse, the G5. It's a plug-n-play style and works well. I'm not exactly sure of it's availability anymore since it's been out for a long time now. But really, any mouse that has a three button setup should be all you need.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]