A Word From A Server Friendly Monk

'Belzac has excellent AoE abilities

But he doesn't use them in daily areas so that other people can get their dailies done.

Good job Belzac'

Hello everyone, Belzac here as you can see by the posting avatar and I'm here posting mainly to express a bit of concern that I've got now that I've hit 90 (avatar isn't updated yet).

Now I've been visiting daily areas today which has been, admittedly, rather fun. Seriously kudos to Blizzard for making me want to do dailies again, but that being said. It becomes rather difficult to do my dailies (especially when they are killing quests) when every druid, mage, hunter etc etc etc is using their AoE abilities to tag every single mob that drops the quest items.

Now granted, I think it's funny to watch those who do AoE run around like idiots and occasionally die (either from pulling too much or getting punted off cliffs) but what I really want to do is get in, kill the mobs I need to, and get out. So please, from one friendly wyrmrest player to all the others, hold off on the AoE spells when you're doing dailies.

Thanks
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
10/04/2012 03:28 PMPosted by Belzac
mage

That was meeeee! Funnily enough, I got that daily done in about 5 minutes, mainly by:

AoEing, then running around like an idiot and occasionally dying
Edited by Taldin on 10/4/2012 4:49 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
Unfortunately when it's an option between hit one mob and then fly around for five minutes searching for another, or tag a whole crowd and blow them away then be done and gone in five minutes, I'll take the second every time. It also prevents me from fighting you for tags.
Reply Quote
We can AoE too.
Reply Quote
I figure karma is karma. Selfish idiots get remembered, and when I see them dying a few minutes later, they don't get a heal or a helpful bear. They get a wave, and then a druid who steals their mobs when they're dead.

Or I take their herbs over and over and over and over and over and over and over.

Or I get on my rogue and transfer another 6 mobs to the center of their AOE and vanish. Oops! Did you die?

There are many ways to smack a selfish jerk around. Feel free to add your own!
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
10/04/2012 08:30 PMPosted by Appols
I figure karma is karma. Selfish idiots get remembered, and when I see them dying a few minutes later, they don't get a heal or a helpful bear. They get a wave, and then a druid who steals their mobs when they're dead.

I AoE'd AND a drood healed me! He was a nice fellow.
Reply Quote
10/04/2012 08:08 PMPosted by Fentin
We can AoE too.

'Belzac has excellent AoE abilities

But he doesn't use them in daily areas so that other people can get their dailies done.

Good job Belzac'
Edited by Belzac on 10/5/2012 12:50 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
I don't see how it's selfish if we know we can handle large numbers of mobs and don't feel like flying around seeking one out for five minutes at a time because lots of people are doing the same thing. It's not like their spawn times are long.
Reply Quote
10/05/2012 01:03 AMPosted by Madican
I don't see how it's selfish if we know we can handle large numbers of mobs and don't feel like flying around seeking one out for five minutes at a time because lots of people are doing the same thing. It's not like their spawn times are long.

I didn't say it was selfish, I just think that it helps everyone if there are less AoE's being spammed. Sure you're in and out in 5 minutes, but you're one AoE spamming class out of several, with more coming constantly as the day goes on.

Also I wasn't directing this post at one person or a few people, but at a large majority. No one has to you know, take what I've said here and put it into practice, but I think I generally have a right to vent and at least request that people take it easy so I and others like me, who don't spam AoE's can get our dailies done rather than sit there for 35-40 minutes waiting for a single spawn that the 5 minute carefree AoE spammers keep tapping like a hot single woman/man at a singles bar.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Shaman
I take their leather over and over and over and over and over and over and over.

I can't take whole packs, for some reason I keep sticking with enhancement and it's pretty puny right now. Getting 4 goat steaks took me almost 45 mins yesterday. I did wind up getting a few bags full of free leather though. Is it frustrating? Yes, but it isn't all wasted time.

10/04/2012 03:28 PMPosted by Belzac
Good job Belzac'

This non-AoE cow appreciates it but why handicap yourself? Very few, if any other players will share your sentiment and altruism so I say go ahead, AoE them along with the others who can.
Reply Quote
I don’t play in a rush. I’m a careful player who likes to pick things off at my leisure. I can’t tell you how many times I’ve had someone just run in and aggro the next mob I was after while they were spamming every AoE and cooldown available so they could get everything.

I understand that because of this, I’m going to get walked over by inconsiderate and rude players. I’ll suffer the consequences gladly. I can wait for the respawn or come back later when no one’s around or there are at least players who are polite enough to share space. I'm playing this game to enjoy it, not to beat some kind of invisible, meaningless record.

And I agree with Appols. If you're on the wrong side of karma, it bites.

edit:
10/05/2012 04:40 AMPosted by Lakami
This non-AoE cow appreciates it but why handicap yourself? Very few, if any other players will share your sentiment and altruism so I say go ahead, AoE them along with the others who can.

I'd normally agree with you, but the funny thing is that I've come across more polite players than rude ones. Maybe I just have better luck or something xD
Edited by Vandrysse on 10/5/2012 4:54 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
If you're not a wolf you're a lamb, and lambs go to the slaughter.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Shaman
But if you AoE you get done quicker, and then other people can take your place O_ O
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Shaman
10/05/2012 05:08 AMPosted by Qiquan
If you're not a wolf you're a lamb, and lambs go to the slaughter.

We're neither wolves nor lambs. We're people who happen to play the same video game. You're no more a wolf than my cat.

10/05/2012 04:51 AMPosted by Vandrysse
I've come across more polite players than rude ones. Maybe I just have better luck or something xD

I envy you, I've had rotten luck so far.
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
If you see me AoE and pulling everything in sight, you can bet it was a lame missed key and any help saving my life would be greatly appreciated :)
Reply Quote
10/05/2012 08:57 AMPosted by Glority
If you see me AoE and pulling everything in sight, you can bet it was a lame missed key and any help saving my life would be greatly appreciated :)

This exactly for me too. This means I have yet again misjudged the reach of nether bomb.
Reply Quote
^_^

Heh, same here.
Reply Quote
86 Pandaren Priest
10/05/2012 08:27 AMPosted by Lakami
You're no more a wolf than my cat.

Actually one of my cats believes itself to be a dog.. doesn't help that it's as big as one either. I've tried to explain to him but he won't listen! Now that they've banned species conversation therapy I don't know what to do. He's soooo rude!!

On another note thankfully (?) I haven't gotten to dailies yet, though I keep hearing terrible things. I'm afraid.
Edited by Kytt on 10/5/2012 11:18 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
That is why I use Frost Bomb. Plus it's just really nice to WE nova the group, Frost Bomb, Fire Blast, then pick off the survivors with my own Nova and Bomb again.
Reply Quote
10/05/2012 09:09 AMPosted by Lilliat
This exactly for me too. This means I have yet again misjudged the reach of nether bomb.

Same here. I'm still getting used to the radius of Halo.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]