There is a problem with monks (with math!)

90 Night Elf Druid
kaels,

you have this stuff down to a science! impressiveness. the guild you are in is good i hope? otherwise, they don't deserve ya!
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
That's fairly interesting, i usually ignore this sort of thing but nice job, look forward to seeing it updated in the future if you decide to stick with doing it.

Gave it a thumbs up, god knows what that even does i never press the thing.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
10/05/2012 02:11 AMPosted by Alastora

Puts it in the Blizzard wormhole to nowhere if my likes are anything judge by.

Seriously, as usual fantastic job Kaels. even if I am super sad you are shadow.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
10/05/2012 02:15 AMPosted by Winnifred

Puts it in the Blizzard wormhole to nowhere if my likes are anything judge by.

Seriously, as usual fantastic job Kaels. even if I am super sad you are shadow.

I think he's healing on his Paladin.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
10/05/2012 02:31 AMPosted by Sparklefever
I think he's healing on his Paladin.
The one that's in basically full greens and is on Proudmoore (Kaels is on Garrosh), compared to his Priest which is much better geared? :l

I'm not sure, but he leveled his Priest and his Paladin (yes, they're on different servers) first. Kaels the Priest is Shadow, so...
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Thanks all :)

And yes, I'm healing on my paladin. But Kaels raids on Friday, Kaeladin has until Sunday.

(Kaeladin also has the worst drop luck ever. If he were a shaman, he'd be in almost full 463 right now.)
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Thanks all :)

And yes, I'm healing on my paladin. But Kaels raids on Friday, Kaeladin has until Sunday.

(Kaeladin also has the worst drop luck ever. If he were a shaman, he'd be in almost full 463 right now.)

omg, you, too?

All we ever get is Shaman gear. Every. Freaking. Dungeon.

But we have no Shaman in our groups. None. So...yeah. We have shards coming out of our ears.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
yup. Berjoodles of mail in mine. Still not one PoP.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Yup, spirit mail for me too!

/bursts into holy tears
/contemplates canceling subscription.

I really did go play with a monk. I have purple streaks in my hair, this makes me happy! (not rerolling, I'd retire from raiding first.)
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
zomg, now I'm 1 for 33 on the heroic boss slot machine.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
10/05/2012 03:49 AMPosted by Kaeladin
zomg, now I'm 1 for 33 on the heroic boss slot machine.

You can have all the holy pally gear that keeps dropping for me.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
Zen Sphere OPness.
I expect that to get nerfed by tuesday. If not you'll probably see 4 monk - 1 (other) healer comps dominating all the hard modes. I'm sure the top 25 guilds have already started leveling and gearing them.
Reply Quote
87 Blood Elf Priest
/bursts into holy tears
/contemplates canceling subscription.

/hug

I suspect the solution wil require time in proportion to how broken priests are, which sadly means it isn't a quick and easy fix. But the good news is that it's clear to everybody, Bliz included, that healing priests are borderline unplayable in both pve and PVP so I have to assume they're locked in a room with whiteboards and red bull struggling to fix the heap of garbage they launched with.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
10/05/2012 01:28 AMPosted by Kodiakarrest
Blizzard really painted themselves into a corner when they gave 2 specs a secondary resource that can heal (chi, holy power), a third that gets free heals from a proc baseline (omen of clarity), and left 3 of the specs to struggle on mana alone.

I think alifer is spot on. Having an additional resource pool is a tremendous advantage, but I don't think the pool is the issue. I mean, look at where pallies are with the numbers. Just slightly slightly above druids, but within the standard deviation when the monks are removed.

The issue is what the resource is used for.

My monk is still lvl 2 as I wait for the dust to settle out some. I agree with gotnorice on this. Same thing...different expansion...

But the real sad part was the drastic drop from the druid/pally clump to the priest clump. But to have one healing class doing TWICE what the healing class that has 2 specs can do is just down right wrong.
Edited by Lindbergh on 10/5/2012 8:01 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
They fixed zen sphere last night. It'll be a bit harder for monks to pull such ridiculous numbers now (though still possible).
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
If I read your OP correctly, Kaels, you are just looking at raw horsepower, yes? Nothing else taken into consideration?

So...Zen Sphere is an insta-clicky, with no CD, and no resource cost of any kind? I had to read the talent twice just to make sure. I've got to wonder how this slipped by the QA check on the class design board...maybe it does have those things once you take the talent? I hope?

09/25/2012 07:09 PMPosted by Alamonk
Level 30: Chi Burst or Chi Wave. For raids where everyone stacks up, Chi Burst does amazing raid healing. For non-stacked situations, Chi Wave is better for the smart-heal, even though you’ll only get three heals out of it. Zen Sphere isn’t that great since Enveloping Mist is just all-around better.

Well, this guy wrote the Mistweaver guide (and one for the other two specs as well) over in the Monk forum, so he should know what he's talking about, right? I mean, he wrote the guide...

;)

This is definitely something to keep an eye on Kaels, and now you have just changed my plans for the day...gotta try this out fer mahself.

Riôt
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
If I read your OP correctly, Kaels, you are just looking at raw horsepower, yes? Nothing else taken into consideration?

So...Zen Sphere is an insta-clicky, with no CD, and no resource cost of any kind? I had to read the talent twice just to make sure. I've got to wonder how this slipped by the QA check on the class design board...maybe it does have those things once you take the talent? I hope?

Riôt

It's instant, no CD, but costs 2 chi, and you have to cast it twice to get it to detonate. The bug was that it didn't have an AoE cap, now it does.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]