Mountain Dew?

90 Night Elf Death Knight
I've seen a few comments lately about the Wow player and a love for Mountain Dew. Is this an actual stereotype?

I recently had some Mountain Dew and it brought back fond memories of when I was boy. I was surprised at the amount of caffeine in it and the "charge" it gave me.

Now I drink it all the time at work and my production has gone up considerably. I am a carpenter so having the extra "charge" during the day helps.

I don't know anyone else who drinks dew and I thought it was funny to see it referenced to wow players.
Reply Quote
95 Night Elf Druid
10/04/2012 04:50 PMPosted by Kätämie
Is this an actual stereotype?
It's associated with pretty much all gaming. I think it came from the Starcraft and Halo LAN parties from the last 15 years.
Edited by Fanahlia on 10/4/2012 4:54 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warrior
I hate Mountain Dew.

but it's commonly associated with the redneck and unruly teenger images.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
the 'throwback' mountain dew... does that have that fructose corn syrup in it as well? i love mountain dew but i am concerned about health
Reply Quote
I drink the diet stuff since chemicals are probably safer than that amount of sugar lol. Plus I hate feeling full from fluids.

I've found an ancient bottle of Mountain Dew before that actually said something about redneck or hill billy on it. Thought it was funny. Looked like it was from the 60's or 70's.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
10/04/2012 04:55 PMPosted by Kungfuscious
Stop drinking it NOW!!! im actually being very serious. High fructose corn syrup cant be proccessed by the body. This gets stored into the midsection and hips (not the good way for hips either). This can lead to many issues, all of which will effect your health negatively. Please for the love of the dentist, the want to not look like a tub of lard shoved in a pair of overhauls, and the solvency of Medicare PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE stop drinking that stuff pronto.

This is true if you are allergic to exercise and fantasize about Michelle Obama.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
I used to drink Mountain Dew when I still drank soda. I definitely like it more than Coke or Pepsi, not just for the caffeine.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Paladin
High fructose corn syrup cant be proccessed by the body. This gets stored into the midsection and hips (not the good way for hips either).

Sounds like a metabolism issue. I drink two-three a day, and have stayed a consistent weight for ~10 years now.
Reply Quote
Well at least I'm not the only one who likes it. Doesn't seem like your standard wow stereotype either too.
Reply Quote
How did this get moved to games gaming and hardware? lol
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
Beer >> Mountain Dew--or any other pop for that matter.

Just sayin'...
Reply Quote
100 Troll Mage
10/04/2012 05:38 PMPosted by Kätämie
How did this get moved to games gaming and hardware? lol

Lol this is a very good question.

but I just drank a bottle of mountain Dew.

Also to the person talking about the high fructose corn syrup,

You can be perfectly healthy and still drink mtn dew. Its just when people are lazy and dont do anything, which even then the person is probably going to still have issues.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Cheetos and Mountain Dew.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Hunter
10/04/2012 04:55 PMPosted by Kungfuscious
Stop drinking it NOW!!! im actually being very serious. High fructose corn syrup cant be proccessed by the body. This gets stored into the midsection and hips (not the good way for hips either). This can lead to many issues, all of which will effect your health negatively. Please for the love of the dentist, the want to not look like a tub of lard shoved in a pair of overhauls, and the solvency of Medicare PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE stop drinking that stuff pronto.

A lot of things have High fructose corn syrup, btw...
Reply Quote
24 Blood Elf Paladin
10/05/2012 09:10 AMPosted by Barathos
A lot of things have High fructose corn syrup, btw...

A lot of things have aspartame too, which is a known carcinogen at your body's temperature.
Reply Quote
80 Dwarf Paladin
Actually, corn syrup solids are digested by the liver unlike other sugars so it can be hard on that. And you always pay for stimulants later.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
10/04/2012 05:05 PMPosted by Padgagers

This is true if you are allergic to exercise and fantasize about Michelle Obama.

Health nuts these days are almost worse than religious nuts.

The nanny state just keeps on creeping.
Reply Quote
7 Night Elf Mage
nah, i just drink alcohol(usually martini or merlott).
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]