PVE

39 Undead Rogue
I have a few questions i was hoping to have answered. I have a 90 rogue and am playing combat in pve.

First thing is i noticed windsong does not seem to stack if its on two weapons. so is it better to have the elemental enchant on one weapon, and if so MH or OH. Or is windsong on both still better cause of up time?

Second, I see rogues saying that 1.8 oh is better than 2.6 mh is you cannot constantly KS because of the poison procs. is it possible to macro a weapon swap into killing spree when used and switch back to a dagger afterward, or does it have to be done manually?

Don't have much raid xp on rogue so any help is appreciated. Thanks
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
Windsong can stack. It's kind of a wash as to which enchant is better. They sim virtually the same, but I don't know how much I trust sims this early in the expansion since they aren't very mature.

Elemental Force procs all the time, but like poisons it won't spread via Blade Flurry, and doesn't scale with much except +damage buffs/debuffs. The secondary stat bonus from Windsong increases all of your damage done but doesn't proc very often and may proc as a secondary stat that isn't very strong for you. Elemental Force is good for short fights, adds, questing, and dailies since Windsong may not proc at all or may proc as the target dies causing you not to benefit from it much.

You can probably go with either one and never notice much of a difference.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Rogue
10/04/2012 05:54 PMPosted by Zefex
First thing is i noticed windsong does not seem to stack if its on two weapons. so is it better to have the elemental enchant on one weapon, and if so MH or OH. Or is windsong on both still better cause of up time?

From what I can see over on Elitist Jerks, the lack of stacking isn't an issue. Keep in mind that there are basically three different procs you can get from the enchant -- one for haste, one for mastery, one for crit. From what I'm reading, it looks like if you get a new haste proc while a haste proc is currently active, you're right, it doesn't stack. Instead, it overwrites the old one with the new one.

But the thing to keep in mind is that you can potentially have *all three* of the different stat procs active at one time. That's much more likely to happen if it's on both weapons. I don't think I've seen anything conclusive saying that this makes dual Windsong definitively more attractive than Windsong/Elemental Force, but the rule of thumb thus far has been that dual Windsong is preferable.

10/04/2012 05:54 PMPosted by Zefex
Second, I see rogues saying that 1.8 oh is better than 2.6 mh is you cannot constantly KS because of the poison procs. is it possible to macro a weapon swap into killing spree when used and switch back to a dagger afterward, or does it have to be done manually?

You can watch me bicker with someone about this in another thread from yesterday/today ( starting at http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6794829915#9 ), but the gist is that it's not a good idea to switch weapons for a KS.
Edited by Rfeann on 10/4/2012 6:08 PM PDT
Reply Quote
39 Undead Rogue
Thanks for the help, just two more i can think of real quick.

tricks of the trade macro, feel kinda like a noob but its important. Do i need the the person on focus or is there a way around it?

and opener. i know rs then snd. but should i wait for full bandits guile before using ar/sb, or just blow right off the bat?

Thanks again, this is all i have for now.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
/cast [@focus] Tricks of the Trade

if you want to cast it at your focus or

/cast [@Orises] Tricks of the Trade

if you want to cast it at the same person every time.

When opening, you can get to the 1st stage of BG before you use your first finisher (and bring CD reduction into play with Restless Blades). So you will want to get to 4-5 cps and bottom out on energy in the process, stop building cps, blow KSP, blow AR+SB, go to town.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]