help with ret/holy stat priority

39 Blood Elf Priest
I just want to know what the current agreed upon stat priority is for ret and holy. I have seen many but nothing current and the the guides above are only for pvp and pve gear not actual stat priority. Especially since much of the gear for ret is crit and I have read that haste is better to get now. And another forum topic I read said that spirit is better the int now for holy so i just want to confirm this and also everything else.

So if anyone could be so kind to give me stat priority for both specs so at least i know I am going in the right path.

Please and thank you
Edited by Timetoheal on 10/4/2012 5:58 PM PDT
Reply Quote
39 Blood Elf Priest
can anyone help?
Reply Quote
67 Human Paladin
would say Int > Spirit > Mastery > Crit > Haste as stat priority. Depending on which glyphs you choose mana isn't an issue at all. Here's something I do for PvP when I started having mana trouble after the mana cap.

Divine plea allows your divine purpose to not penalize your healing ouput and instantly gives you back your mana.

Then Divinity paired with Unbreakable Spirit can help decrease the CD of Lay on Hands that will not only get you out of hair situations and restore 10% of your mana!!!!

As for ret, I'm still suing str > crit > mastery > haste. I said goodbye to the TV i used to know and love and welcome the glyph of harsh words as my main dps ability. It gives me the greatest spike and some range as I'm going for that kill shot.

Hope this helps.
Reply Quote
39 Blood Elf Priest
I have tried the str>mastery>crit>haste but i noticed more haste is way better on keeping my rotation up so im not sure how not using tv would help because that is one of our main attacks.

As for holy I may just go spirit until i find a good place of regen then worry about the rest of the stats after because from the looks of it spirit will need to come before crit haste and mastery for now
Edited by Timetoheal on 10/5/2012 3:29 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
5.0 Ret Guide: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3657441833

After Hit and Expertise cap: Strength > Haste > Mastery ≥ Crit

Not using TV is absolutely wrong as Ret. If you aren't using it, you may as well go Holy.
Edited by Svayne on 10/5/2012 3:42 PM PDT
Reply Quote
39 Blood Elf Priest
nice thanks I couldnt find that on the stickies up on top where they usually are.

Might there be one for holy or should i stick with my assumption about spirit until comfortable with my regen then other stats?

Thank you again for the link
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
10/05/2012 03:43 PMPosted by Timetoheal
Might there be one for holy or should i stick with my assumption about spirit until comfortable with my regen then other stats?

There used to be a Holy guide, but it appears to have been unstickied and locked. I won't pretend to know the first thing about Holy, but Spirit appears to be much more important than it used to be.

I'd assume Spirit til you're comfortable, then...I don't know what else. Hopefully an actual Holy Pally will chime in soon. I need to research this for my off-spec soon though.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
nice thanks I couldnt find that on the stickies up on top where they usually are.

Thank you again for the link

Not so sure about guides to link for your reference, but general idea for stat priorities for Hpal in PVE is Spirit>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Int>Mastery>Haste>Crit
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I think Doltair is a troll, so don't listen. "Divine plea allows your divine purpose to not penalize your healing ouput and instantly gives you back your mana." makes absolutely no sense what so ever. "Depending on which glyphs you choose mana isn't an issue at all." maybe not in normal 5mans at lvl 55.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
As for the op, spirit>intel>mastery>haste>=crit as Glory said. Make sure you use your cd's wisely, don't spam divine light, make use of beacon of light and the 100% transfer from holy light.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
10/05/2012 09:34 AMPosted by Doltair
Int > Spirit > Mastery > Crit > Haste

This is what I use as Holy PvE. In Cata, we stacked haste and we were able to maintain mana easily, now if we stack too much haste, you will most likely run out of mana, making it lest appealing. This is what I have experienced, if others are still able to stack haste, then that may be an option if you choose. As for ret, I won't be much of help considering I only use it to complete dailies.

Sources if you'd like to look at them, I prefer to play with mine, but I will give you some guides to give you an idea of what you may want to look at.

http://www.noxxic.com/wow/pve/paladin/holy/stat-priority

http://www.icy-veins.com/holy-paladin-wow-pve-healing-statistics-priority-reforging

http://xraided-reloaded.guildlaunch.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=8635920

(for last source, scroll down to 2. B. Stat priority.)

I have looked at many sources and many of them are conflicting with each other, but all of them seem to always have spirit as a priority, considering intellect no longer provides increased mana pool. Also, many guides and stat priorities will vary depending on what type of environment you are participating in. (tl:dr State if you want help with pve or pvp for better break down and help.)
Reply Quote
97 Blood Elf Paladin
For Ret it is:

Str >> Hit(7.5) > Expertise(7.5) > Haste > Mastery > Crit
Reply Quote
67 Human Paladin
All I did was offer what I use and works :P if you don't like it, don't use it. He asked what people used and this is how I tackle pally specs :P

Edit: Divine purpose allows your divine plea to not penalize your healing output and instantly gives you back your mana.
Edited by Doltair on 10/5/2012 8:37 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
All I did was offer what I use and works :P if you don't like it, don't use it. He asked what people used and this is how I tackle pally specs :P

Edit: Divine purpose allows your divine plea to not penalize your healing output and instantly gives you back your mana.

You need to go read what divine purpose actually does because that is not even in the ballpark of correct.
Reply Quote
67 Human Paladin
I may have had the wrong skill name but it is clear by the description of the glyph, which is glyph of divine plea, of what I meant. Why are yall jumping on my back when I just tried to make a post to help the OP?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Because you're not helping, you're just writing sentences that makes no sense and instead just confuses people that actually need help. Glyph of Divine Plea does remove the healing reduction, but instead immobilizes you for 5 seconds. It is a much better option to use unglyphed Divine Plea and cast it during downtime and still be able to reposition yourself or melee for some mana. Divine Purpose has nothing to do with it at all.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]