Level 90 Pvp rotation

80 Human Rogue
I just got to level 80 via SoR so have never played a rogue before. I was wondering if someone could tell me the subtlety pvp rotation because i would like to use that in prep for 90 pvp while leveling. Inb4 someone says "PVP DOESNT HAVE A ROTATION ITS REACTIONARY!" Ok i get it can anybody give me the priority on the abilities in the rotation without cc's. Just damaging abilities. Thanks
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
(This is Tway) Can anyone help a brother out?) I would rather get help than figure it out on my own haha.
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
Hate to ruin it for you mate. But there is no rotation. Plus it's better to teach a man how to fish than give him a fish. I suggest you learn on your own. It's not that difficult
Reply Quote
Keep rupture on your target as often as you can. Keep up SnD at all times. If you're really getting pwnd, keep up recuperate. Evicerate whenever you can spare and kidney when you feel you have to, although most people just do it on cooldown.

Your main combo point generators should be hemo/backstab/ambush (although I personally use hemo more often).

Edit: If you have more questions, feel free to post them here. Ignore the monk above me.
Edited by Sinsbad on 10/4/2012 10:30 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
What does that exactly amount to? I mean i played a Warrior at 85 and it looked like rend>CS>MS>Overpower>Slam something of that sort it's been about 9 months...but could i have one of those for rogues? Just damaging abilities i know there isn't one for Ccs. It's very overwhelming never playing a rogue and trying to keybind now with a book of spells i have never used...
Reply Quote
10/04/2012 10:34 PMPosted by Taytron
What does that exactly amount to? I mean i played a Warrior at 85 and it looked like rend>CS>MS>Overpower>Slam something of that sort it's been about 9 months...but could i have one of those for rogues? Just damaging abilities i know there isn't one for Ccs. It's very overwhelming never playing a rogue and trying to keybind now with a book of spells i have never used...

Although this is what not what you asked for...there is no damage 'rotation' system per say (well for subtlety at least).

It's a priority system, not a rotation. Sorry for the confusion.

You need to maintain rupture/garrote on your target for the Sanguinary Veins buff.
You need to maintain slice and dice for energetic recovery buff (and the increase in attack speed buff).
Those two are mandatory.
If you're looking purely at DPS, your third finisher would just be eviscerate when you have both rupture and slice and dice up.

Now, considering all of that, in a PvP scenario you'll also have to squeeze in a kidney shot here and there (which is usually at the cost of an eviscerate).

To generate combo-points for all those finishers mentioned above, you'll be needing to use hemo/backstab/ambush.

I'd recommend just starting off using hemo only, and when you get a better feel for your buff durations, mixing in backstab.

Also, this only applied to subtlety. I have no idea how to dps in PvP as combat or assassination atm.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
Thanks alot that is very helpful
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
So you always garrote over ambush to open?
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
And what abilities am i using to get these combo points, what is the priority on those? Should i always wait till 5 combo points for optimization of these finishers?
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
10/04/2012 10:42 PMPosted by Sinsbad
I have no idea how to dps in PvP as combat or assassination atm.

I feel like I'll drop some info here since it might help people with these two specs if they don't know what they're doing.

Mut:
Rupture and SnD are mandatory. SnD will refresh every time you use Envenom. So if SnD is about to fall off use Envenom instead of using SnD.
Cp gen moves are Mutilate and Dispatch.
Use Dispatch when you have blindside procs, or when the enemy is sub-35% health remaining, otherwise Mutilate. (You can literally ONLY use Dispatch during the times listed so there is not much thinking you need to do, just the basic idea is that Dispatch is ALWAYS better than Mutilate so if you CAN use it then use it)

Combat:
SnD is the only mandatory finisher. But you'll want to use as many Eviscerates as possible (without dropping SnD) to take advantage of Restless Blades.
Cp gen moves are Revealing Strike and Sinister Strike.
Apply Revealing Strike immediately following your opener and again whenever the debuff is about to fall off, or you switch targets, otherwise Sinister Strike.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
10/04/2012 10:50 PMPosted by Taytron
So you always garrote over ambush to open?

No. Ambush is generally not the opener you'll want to use in PvP.
You'll want to use Garrote against casters and Cheap Shot against everyone else.
If you open with Cheap Shot try to wait 20 seconds for the stun diminishing returns to reset before using Kidney Shot.
If you know you'll NEED to use Kidney on your target within the first 20 seconds, open with Ambush (unless it's a caster then Garrote).

10/04/2012 10:54 PMPosted by Taytron
And what abilities am i using to get these combo points, what is the priority on those? Should i always wait till 5 combo points for optimization of these finishers?
Hemorrhage, Backstab, and (when in Shadow Dance) Ambush.
Backstab is the most efficient damage-wise but it requires you be behind your target, so if you can't get behind them Hemorrhage.
Yes you should always try to use the finishers at 5cp.
However it's more important that you have SnD and Rupture up than that they have 5cp. If SnD is about to fall off then use whatever cp you have on it, same goes for Rupture.

Edit: Sinsbad recommended you use Hemorrhage as your primary cp builder until you get some experience. This is a very good idea. It's a lot more forgiving of mistakes and it has a lower energy cost so you'll have more cp to play around with.
Edited by Kiljagen on 10/4/2012 11:14 PM PDT
Reply Quote
80 Human Rogue
is recuperate vital?
Reply Quote
80 Human Rogue
and expose armor?
Reply Quote
80 Human Rogue
...and rupture?
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
10/05/2012 01:57 AMPosted by Tway
is recuperate vital?

10/05/2012 02:00 AMPosted by Tway
and expose armor?

No
10/05/2012 02:02 AMPosted by Tway
...and rupture?

Yes

Recuperate is currently healing for very little and it's nice but just not worth sacrificing another finisher, to have it rolling during combat.

Expose armor is nice to have, but it takes a lot for rogues to apply it and in most cases you're better off just focusing on doing dmg.

Sanguinary Veins requires Garrote or Rupture be on the target and it increases all damage you do to the target by 16%. That's a pretty huge buff. Oh also the dmg done by it is increased by 50% in addition to your Mastery increasing it. So it ticks pretty darn hard on its own without even considering the 16%.
Edited by Kiljagen on 10/5/2012 5:05 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]