You pull it you tank it...

89 Goblin Death Knight
I know many people will get angry at this but I was running a normal MoP dungeon yesterday and a mage accidently pulled a mob, not by attacking it but by simply walking to close to it without noticing. After the mage ran towards the tank hoping to lose aggro the tank says "you pull it you tank it", so the rest of the group brings the mob down and no harm was done but it is a bit ridiculous, I mean how hard is it to taunt a boss?

This is not the first time this has happened in a group of mine, it has happened specifically to me more than once. So really the point of this post is to see what everyone's opinions are on whether a tank should tank it if another member of the group pulls the mob?
Reply Quote
97 Blood Elf Priest
If it is an accidental pull, I'm fine picking up the mob. If some dps is intentionally pulling mobs because a half dozen mobs isn't enough already, they can handle it on their own and I'll move on to the next pack/boss.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Accidently pulls are forgiven. but you can tell when people do it and mean to do it. I'll pull off the mob once, but I have jogged past mobs that a warrior or monk pulled and let them die, but I always save the healer.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
If something is pulled by accident I think the tank should do the right thing and pick it up, especially if they're lucky enough to have a player smart enough to pull the mob to them (I've been noticing a great deal of people running everywhere but to the tank when they get something on them in MoP dungeons).

If someone pulls something on purpose, I can see the tank being annoyed and not helping.

The tank you had may have been so used to seeing the latter that they didn't realize it was an accident. There are a lot of people who like to rush ahead of a tank and pull stuff. It's got to be very aggravating.
Reply Quote
63 Pandaren Monk
One accidental pull is fine. More than one and it's your problem.
Reply Quote
1 Orc Warrior
If somebody is deliberately pulling or refuses to take their pet off taunt... sure.

Otherwise, it's mostly just tanks thinking they're something special while playing what is currently the easiest and least-skill-required role in a group. It's not the days of BC anymore when tanks actually needed to know every single pull of an instance.

That said, you can run MoP non-heroics without a tank or a dedicated healer. My guild was using shadow priest + boomkin offhealing while I "tanked" as cat spec healing myself. A few other runs we used a warlock's Void Lord as tank with offhealing.
It goes much faster and more fluid with 5 competent dps that know their full capabilities.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Warrior
if someone pulls while im tanking i just take it as a hint to pull faster till we need to stop for mana if they keep pulling when the healer has no mana ill sit beside the healer while they drink and watch the puller die
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
10/05/2012 02:39 AMPosted by Jinwu
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
10/05/2012 02:38 AMPosted by Kirsia
If it is an accidental pull, I'm fine picking up the mob. If some dps is intentionally pulling mobs because a half dozen mobs isn't enough already, they can handle it on their own and I'll move on to the next pack/boss.

This.

Although it does annoy me when they aggro a pat in the middle of a pull due to lack of awareness.
Reply Quote
89 Goblin Death Knight
10/05/2012 02:39 AMPosted by Jinwu

I think this is fair
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
I've pulled agro on mobs because I happen to be targeting one that the tank isn't at the time, Pop some cd's and either kill the mob or stop attacking it. I chose to kill it personally, but a mage could always just go invise or iceblock next to tank.
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
welcome to the expansion of easy heroics where even the !@#$tiest of tanks will act as if they are hot %^-* in randoms
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
I don't agree with this "you pull it you tank it" attitude.

If someone is intentionally over-pulling, boot them. Letting them die means putting more strain & wasted time on the rest of the group.

But I see many more "I think I'm awesome" tanks than I see over-puller dps.

Dear tanks that think this way,

Knock it the Fel off. It's a group, you are part of it. You are no more important nor less important than anyone else there.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
While I was leveling my second Druid as a Bear, I had multiple DPS tell me that I should "Swipe faster" when they were hitting mobs before I could get to them (the mobs were across the room).

I also had DPS who would run ahead and pull things no matter how often I asked them politely to stop.

So yeah, I sympathize...but I also don't.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Warrior
Sounds like S^3

the 'special snowflake syndrome' Sounds like a terrible case too, I might add.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
intentional pulls, let the guy die. Accidental pulls though, i would help.

However, if you chain pull on a new to heroics healer, by Elune I WILL let you blasted die.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]