Need help fast!

Heyy guys!
I need help, i heard that beast mastery was the top dps at the moment so i switched spec and im sitting at 20k dps :(.
Ive looked at noxxic and ice-veins etc and chosen the right talents, reforged my gear and found a rotation on youtube.
can someone please help me because im sitting at the bottom of the dps leaderboard when i should be at the top! :(
Reply Quote
look at my gear on my battle.net acount aswell
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Hunter
Nothing glaringly obviously wrong with your armory. I wouldn't expect to see you at 20k dps unless your rotation was really screwed or you weren't managing your CD's.

Right now you're better off statwise than I am, and I'm generally pulling 35k dps during non-burst. I don't think you'll be at the top of the dps list, but wouldn't expect you'd be at the bottom either.

What rotation are you using?
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Hunter
Weapon has a nice bit to do with it, ilevel means alot do to stat inflation.

run the scenario that provides a 450 weapon (arena of annihilation)

besides that its all your rotation and use of CDs. Single target dps on heoric boss i am pulling 55-60k last night (before i got me boots).

also make sure none of your pets are speced tank for stampede, one of your 5 is.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warrior
This is for pve right?
Get Thrill of the Hunt and Barrage... make sure you have a macro for rabid and tell us what your rotation is.
You actually look like you are trying to talent for pvp (?)
Try and get a pet that gives mastery or crit to you as well in case a party SUCKS about giving buffs.
Major glyph get endless wrath and for minor get glyph of stampede.
Your dps pet must spec ferocity.
Oh and try and get more mastery if you can.
If your buffed, use a pet that has aoe like your worm.
Stamped w/worm + his aoe = Super Cool Aoe.
BW + Barrage than Multi Shot = Super Cool Aoe.
Throwing a fire trap is also cool.
BW + Lynx = Super Cool.
Using misdirect w/barrage is super cool as you open up on dps.
These are just a few suggestions to help you out.
Edited by Lazydog on 10/5/2012 8:17 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Hunter
Also gem an enchant, each red is 160 agi per...that adds up.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Hunter
In the end, even with these suggestions, there's no reason why he's only pulling 20k dps. These will all improve his dps, but equipped as he is, he should be pulling more.

So with enchants, better weapon, etc, he'll be pulling more dps, but will not solve the root cause of why he's pulling 20k. So now with all the new enchants etc, he's pulling 35-40k when he could potentially be pulling 50k.

OP, what is your current shot priority. Are you seeing these numbers on multi-target or single target.

Edited to say that some of these suggestions will lead to a dps loss.
Edited by Zeekarai on 10/5/2012 10:49 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
i heard that beast mastery was the top dps at the moment so i switched spec and im sitting at 20k dps :(.
Top dps of the bottom four, lol.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
10/05/2012 08:03 AMPosted by Lazydog
Get Thrill of the Hunt and Barrage
uh.... no, and no.

Dire beast and glaive toss.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Hunter
10/05/2012 10:40 AMPosted by Stalkings
uh.... no, and no.

You know, I am not using Dire Beast myself, but Barrage....is he serious? I am using Thrill of the Hunt and Glaive Toss. I know some BM hunters though use Power Shot. But seriously, barrage. LOL.
Reply Quote
Here is abit more info. I am focusing on PVE and im currently beast mastery 356 ilvl. I also did what someone told me and get glyph of stampede and glyph of endless wrath. thanks for telling me my gear and stats are fine but could someone recommend a rotation that is easy to master?
Edited by Goaran on 10/5/2012 8:12 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warrior
You should be able to find something here on the forums somewhere.
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3988230030
and
http://www.wowhuntershall.com/2012/05/11/mop-hunter-specializations-guide-beast-mastery-marksmanship-and-survival/

I think of my abilities as combos and not really rotations since I might have screwed up or the party screwed up and I had to save them with stamped or w/e. Anyway, don't sit on your cd's unless the boss is just a few pulls away.
BW + Rabid + Kill Command
BW + Lynx Rush + Kill Command
Lynx Rush + Rapid Fire + Cobra Shot
I try to use those together:
For single target like a boss,
Serpent Sting > BW > Rabid > Kill Command > Arcane Shot Dump (If you want you can also use Lynx Rush than Arcane Shot Dump) > 2nd Kill Command > Rapid Fire > Cobra Shot (reapply serpent sting if you did not let it drop off during your first arcane shot dump [you can cobra shot once just as BW is finished])
When you are comfortable with the amount of focus you have use Readiness and repeat what you did.
I haven't found a good place to use stamped, as in to take the best advantage of it, so I just use it whenever I feel like it. Normally depends on what kind of pet I'm using.

If you happen to get large groups appear w/boss just replace multi shot and add glaive (<--have boss targeted) instead of arcane shot spam.

The BE mentioned Dire Beast, I think it is useful when you get more gear and mastery/crit. When your happy with your gear I would recommend trying it out cause I think your pet and dire beast are not up to scale with other class dps (BM hunter need gear XD).

This are just suggestions so you don't do as I've seen another hunter do and spam cobra shot /sad face.
So just play with your talents and see what you come up with. Hope this helps.
Edited by Lazydog on 10/6/2012 7:47 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
10/05/2012 10:40 AMPosted by Stalkings
uh.... no, and no.

dire beast does ok Burst damage but does not have the steady damage of ToTH.

even then - dire beast does kinda suck at dps - only adds like 5-10k dps. and u have to wait 30 seconds or so every time u call ur beast. ^^^ not worth it.

thrill of the hunt however. 1/3 shots makes all of ur spells cost nothing. and it lasts 3 shots. so u can multi shot and ur beast attacks multi targets when u do that so overall - unlimited multishot and tripple ur pets damage and never lose focus.

or u can have a 2nd pet thats really only used to intimadate ur pvp opponent.

however i agree with glaive toss
Reply Quote
thanks for showing me them links but do you think you can tell me one in simple form plz
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
uh.... no, and no.

Why is everyone always thumbs down about barrage?

Elitist Jerks says in their BM guide:

AOE heavy fights ToTH and Barrage.

Single Target fights Dire Beast and Glaive Toss.
Edited by Zouka on 10/7/2012 6:59 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
This is for pve right?
Get Thrill of the Hunt and Barrage... .

What the actual f.

Stop posting please.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
uh.... no, and no.

Why is everyone always thumbs down about barrage?

Elitist Jerks says in their BM guide:

AOE heavy fights ToTH and Barrage.

Single Target fights Dire Beast and Glaive Toss.

I actually kinda assumed if he was in an aoe heavy fight he would be survival =x. BM's aoe is extremely lackluster, there is essentially no incentive to multishot more than the bare minimum to maintain beast cleave.

10/06/2012 03:36 PMPosted by Anrazio
dire beast does ok Burst damage but does not have the steady damage of ToTH.

That's backwards.

even then - dire beast does kinda suck at dps - only adds like 5-10k dps. and u have to wait 30 seconds or so every time u call ur beast. ^^^ not worth it.

It is worth it, especially for BM, which this thread is about.

thrill of the hunt however. 1/3 shots makes all of ur spells cost nothing. and it lasts 3 shots. so u can multi shot and ur beast attacks multi targets when u do that so overall - unlimited multishot and tripple ur pets damage and never lose focus.

You can multishot enough to keep beast cleave up indefinitely without thrill. With thrill you essentially can only cast multishot more, which hits like a wet noodle compared to most aoe's.

10/06/2012 03:36 PMPosted by Anrazio
or u can have a 2nd pet thats really only used to intimadate ur pvp opponent.

This is about pve.
Edited by Stalkings on 10/7/2012 9:44 AM PDT
Reply Quote
89 Worgen Hunter
Pop your Cds, you still have to skillfully use the spec
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warrior
http://elitistjerks.com/f74/t130590-mop_beastmastery_5_0_4_a/
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]