Halp aff dps :O

90 Undead Warlock
So i am worried.. i have been looking around and i dunno i just can't seem to do good dps.. in heroics on bosses where there isnt a huge amount of running around i am sitting at around 35-37k DPS and on training dummies i think i seem to be peaking at around 32k dps (Drops to around 28 once soulshards are completely gone and i am not getting many ticks).

There are fights where i do hit 49-51k dps.. but i just keep reading i should be doing way more what do you think i am doing wrong? My rotation? my gear?
Reply Quote
32 Worgen Hunter
it's your stats. Drop some hit and increase your haste. Aff lock stat priority is mastery>haste>hit>crit. Reaching hit cap is not a good thing untill gear gets better, you will miss some haunts but rarely and your dps will increase.
Reply Quote
12 Gnome Rogue
I am in the same boat at Kastalia. I tried affliction but I am pulling terrible dps (36k on stationary fights and 28k on heavy movement fights and really low on fights like Jandice). I respec destro and I am pulling over 40k every boss fight. I am following the rotation listed on Noxxic. 3 other warlocks ran a similar test...each of them reporting they do better dps as destruction. What is going on? Something in the water on my server?
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
Affliction will be better with better gear. Haste will be a big deal.

Also, and this is a bigggggg point, dungeon boss DPS is worthless information if you are trying to compare it to how you will do a raid fight. In a dungeon, you can just charge 4 embers before the fight, pop CDs and unload them to burst to 100k+. Boss fights are so short that big bursty classes/specs blow longer sustained damage classes out of the water. The sims you're seeing are based on much better gear and much longer fights, there is no way affliction at this ilvl in a dungeon can come close to it.

If you want a little better idea of how the specs rank against each other look at worldoflogs.com and see the rankings for different fights.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warlock
Until you can get to hit cap (12% for heroics/15% for raids) and still have quite a bit of haste, affliction is going to feel weak. I'll probably be switching over to destruction this week just for that reason. But once gear starts coming in and you don't have to reforge every single piece to hit, affliction will be king again. Remember the sims are basically all in T14 Heroic gear... none of this 463 ilvl stuff where even reforging every single piece to hit leaves you below hit cap.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
You can always just use simulationcraft to sim what you in your current gear could theoretically hit.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
Ah don't know much about simulationcraft .. where can i get it that won't be a keylogger =p?
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
simulationcraft's website. .org probably. I haven't used it for my personal character since FL, but you used to be able to just load your own character and sim him in fights based upon high, low, moderate mobility and other factors. Idk if you can still do all that but I don't see why you couldn't.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
10/05/2012 10:55 AMPosted by Somewhat
There's a bit of conflicting information in this thread, so I'd like to clear a few things up. You do not need hit. It is very likely that you stat weights will be such that haste > mastery > hit > crit. You should check for yourself in simcraft, though.

That's pretty horrible advice. You're basically advocating potentially wasting shards for a bit more haste/mastery.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
simcraft puts haste as the most important stat for pre-raid gear for affliction, however it is still the most important pre-raid secondary stat for Destro. May not seem intuitive, but it's what the sims are showing. Take it or leave it I guess.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
10/05/2012 11:49 AMPosted by Loktronotron
simcraft puts haste as the most important stat for pre-raid gear for affliction, however it is still the most important pre-raid secondary stat for Destro. May not seem intuitive, but it's what the sims are showing. Take it or leave it I guess.

I'll take your words on it, but I think I'll stick with hit cap for raiding. It's not that I don't believe you, but it's just a quality of life thing.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]