Arcane Raid Impressions

90 Blood Elf Mage
What mutilation of the spec? Arcane is not that much different.... ermahgerd i have to hit arcane barrage instead of missiles to clear my stacks. whoaaa the world is ending.

WoL does show arcane getting stomped right now, but when it sims lower teh best players in teh world are not going to play that spec. So you're comparing logs of the THE BEST fire mages, to average arcane mages. not really a fair comparison.
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
10/06/2012 09:56 PMPosted by Mahdii
When you hit 90 please go do a heroic dungeon as Arcane. If blast, barrage and or missiles arent critting your DPS will be horrid.

My crit is sitting at 6.8%

I'm topping DPS pulling 65-70k on Stone Guard as Arcane.

Crit is awful for arcane.
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
IQ
What mutilation of the spec? Arcane is not that much different.... ermahgerd i have to hit arcane barrage instead of missiles to clear my stacks. whoaaa the world is ending.

Says the Frost/Fire mage. Spec doesnt play anything like it has ever, and its not because of the aggro pulling Barrage.

WoL does show arcane getting stomped right now, but when it sims lower teh best players in teh world are not going to play that spec. So you're comparing logs of the THE BEST fire mages, to average arcane mages. not really a fair comparison.

Fairly certain the 5 arcane mages that killed Will are above average. Just a guess i know, but a good one im sure.
Reply Quote
85 Human Mage
There's a certain reluctance with many of the more prominent mages to play arcane, especially if there's a significant amount of movement required as this has always been how the specs have played out.

It doesn't help that frost has become a viable spec for something other than bursting down a shield on heroic conclave in PvE and there's a nostalgic crowd who want to play that spec as well.

I suspect there are others in my position, but when I actually get the time to devote a few hours to trying the new arcane in practical situations, I'll consider it in raid, but not before then. With dailies and farmville basically required upon login every day currently, there's just not really enough time yet.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
Fair enough, I'm sure those clearing vaults are above average, but I think my point still stands. More of the hardcore, super seriously good players are going to pick the spec that sims the best skewing the results. That doesn't apply to me at all. Those days are long in my past. I'm playing frost because it's fun right now. I did arcane for FL, fire for DS so frost is up in the rotation and it's fun for a casual guy like me. :)
Reply Quote
10/07/2012 12:40 PMPosted by Agarez

It's obviously not fun enough for you to play, so what would you know about it?
"Omg, Cata Arcane was so boring. Now it's 'better' but not as fun as Fire or Frost"
All the while the people who liked Cata Arcane are appalled at the clunkiness and ramp-up time Arcane has taken on.

Though I'm personally much more interested in a change to make Arcane gameplay smoother, it's sad to see that it's both the clunkiest and lowest performing now.
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
IQ
killed SG and Feng today. SG i performed not so good. Was way to much movement for me. RoP was junk switched to IW, was working fine. Thought i could do better with invocation, tried that for an attempt, wanted to rip a hole in my screen where the talent was. Bombs....Tried all 3, meh, just stuck with the fire thing. Anyways...Fire mage in our group beat me handily.

Feng!! Thought i would be able to pull ahead on this one. Nope, only managed to have RoP up for 77%, have no idea how that happened. Could be i had a lot of down time being stacked up, cant see anything then. Used NT, seemed to work fine. Anyways....I managed to come in last for our raid,lol, and i though i was rockin it out. Fire mage beat me handily, he had an 86% uptime on RoP and a good 30% lead over me.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]