Don't we have the hardest resource system ?

90 Blood Elf Death Knight
Rune + Renuic power + blood tap + manaing death rune. Sure if you don't mind not beeing efficient you can justkeep a simple rotation, use runic power when rune are on CD, barely use blood tap and just don,t mind if your stuck with sec or 2 without any button to press.

but using every single abilities at the best way possible, I find it pretty hard even in stationary PvE content. In PvP I,m sure to mess it.

For real death rune was something we really didn't needed too. I,d go with runic coruption if I didn't needed these dam death rune.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Death Knight
"Resource system" probably, since... you know, there's 2 of them.
Feral druids might be a more complex spec, though I haven't played mine in a long time.
Reply Quote
Feral druids might be a more complex spec, though I haven't played mine in a long time.

I,d say 3 resource as blood tap is a resource by itself IMO.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Death Knight

Assuming everyone gets blood tap. Which they don't.
Reply Quote

Assuming everyone gets blood tap. Which they don't.

PvP they are.
Reply Quote
91 Night Elf Death Knight
Dk is pretty much dead on for blizzards target of "easy to learn, hard to master"

You can do decent just by hitting whatever's available to use (to a degree). But if you want to get technical with things like plague leech and blood tap, it can be one of the most challenging classes.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight

Manual Blood Tap + Plague leech + Execute phase (aka Soul reaper) + Runic Power + Runes

is....

straining at times
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Death Knight
Atleast we have higher skill cap compared to other classes. To master this class, we have to understand when to go offense and defense during a fight. Unholy is one good example of having to manage; for example, if we pick conversion then we can last very long if used correctly.

Use runic power as a resource to proc our certian abilities than for damage.

Runes would be easier to master if perceived as used for offense or defense.

Blood tap/plague leech can be ignored if put in macros.

Soul Reaper... well lets hope we get lucky to see a big number pop up lol
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Death Knight
10/05/2012 02:27 PMPosted by Venur

Considering in PvE its macro'd in to other abilities, it hardly counts as a resource.

And I'd much rather have one of the other rune regain systems in pvp, but I just prefer rng so thats me.
Reply Quote
89 Night Elf Warrior
Resource system can be complex at times, but that is the reason i play a dk rather than a pally.
Reply Quote
10/05/2012 04:31 PMPosted by Naarusii
Atleast we have higher skill cap compared to other classes.

and if your trying tot ell this to any non-DK they reply with your dam OP faceroll class like if it was season 5.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight

I'm sorry, I played a feral druid for the past 5 years and I use to be very good at it when it "use" to be complex but ever since 5.0 feral or guardian is pretty faceroll. I gave up on my druid cause of how simple it is now.
Reply Quote
1 Orc Warrior
Possibly, yet a lot of the management can be summed up in ability cooldowns and the like. You have to pay attention to some of it, but not all the details. It still boils down to "do this rotation in this priority." So while it may be a little more difficult to figure out at first, it still boils down to a fairly straightforward priority.

So far I'd say fury warrior is the most complex (from what I've tried), with their need to manage rage as well as colossus smash and the proc that needs enrages. It STILL is ultimately a priority list, but it's the most hectic, I'd say.

While blood almost always has a button to press, it is really straightforward.
Edited by Heckscream on 10/6/2012 7:29 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]