Thank You For Finally Getting PVP Right!

90 Tauren Monk
Blizzard,

I've been paying my $15/month to you since November of 2004, and I gotta say, I am happier with the state of PVP right now than at any other point in the games history.

As expected, your development team has done a world class job of trimming the fat from the spec, glyph and talent systems, have added some very fun and unique abilities/spell animations to the game, and have made entry level gear relatively inexpensive to make, therefore more attainable by the average Joe.

But I think my favorite change of all, and perhaps the most subtle, was your choice to allow more classes and specs access to more stuns and silences. Anyone with any sense can see that this change has been put in place to take the ever growing number of abilities we are given xpac after xpac and narrow our usage down to the ones we can squeeze in to that ~3 second window we get roughly every 20 seconds where we actually have control of our character.

This change has also lessened the burden on the "less skilled players" by making "fake casting" virtually obsolete since you simply can't fake so many players with so many interrupts, lockouts and stuns.

It also plays nicely into the way mana is now baseline, because mana is now more bountiful since we don't have the opportunity to spend it so freely.

I remember when I played SWTOR and hated the PVP because when everyone has access to snares, stuns, silences and knockbacks then everyone spends their entire time in PVP snared, stunned, silenced and knockedback - which is not a "fluid" experience, and I remember thinking "wow, this is lame!"

But now that I see my favorite game company moving in the same direction with my favorite game, it has shown me that maybe taking a page out of such a successful game really was a great idea.

Thank you, Blizzard!

-Ruxxian
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
They did do a fairly good job with PvP this patch. However, there is one change in particular I really dislike. No honor PvP weapons.

With how PvP weapons work now, they have a ton of PvP power but not quite as much base damage. With no PvP weapons, someone in honor gear is at an extremely big disadvantage due to missing out on what is essentially 8% extra PvP Power, and it just makes getting into PvP even worse then it has been for awhile.

What angers me in particular is that there were honor weapons before. They were on wowhead(http://www.wowhead.com/item=84717), they were even in the PvP gear preview.(http://www.wowhead.com/news=206980/season-12-pvp-preview#weaponpvp-sword)

So, why would they just take them out at the start of the season? An average PvEer could very easily get a better weapon from running a heroic 5 man. It really didn't affect PvE much at all. There was zero reason to take them out. So why would they take the weapons out and make getting into the nitty gritty of PvP even worse for a fresh 90 then it was for Cataclysm?

That is, currently, my only complaint for PvP right now, though. They did a great job with many things and the introduction of PvP Power is probably the best thing that could happen to PvP, but some of the design decisions just make me shake my head.

One more side note, contender gear actually has more stats (450) then the dreadful gear(458), which makes no sense to me at all. (Suppose that isn't all true, dreadful does have a bit more PvP Power/Resilience and also has gem slots, but still.)
Edited by Astaeri on 10/5/2012 3:24 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Monk
They did do a fairly good job with PvP this patch. However, there is one change in particular I really dislike. No honor PvP weapons.

With how PvP weapons work now, they have a ton of PvP power but not quite as much base damage. With no PvP weapons, someone in honor gear is at an extremely big disadvantage due to missing out on what is essentially 8% extra PvP Power, and it just makes getting into PvP even worse then it has been for awhile.

What angers me in particular is that there were honor weapons before. They were on wowhead(http://www.wowhead.com/item=84717), they were even in the PvP gear preview.(http://www.wowhead.com/news=206980/season-12-pvp-preview#weaponpvp-sword)

So, why would they just take them out at the start of the season? An average PvEer could very easily get a better weapon from running a heroic 5 man. It really didn't affect PvE much at all. There was zero reason to take them out. So why would they take the weapons out and make getting into the nitty gritty of PvP even worse for a fresh 90 then it was for Cataclysm?

We go through this nearly every xpac, they don't want people farming honor weapons and then clearing PVE content - especially new content.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin

We go through this nearly every xpac, they don't want people farming honor weapons and then clearing PVE content - especially new content.

It's not very hard getting the ilevel to get into heroics. (Seriously, I got the ilevel requirement through contender gear and the Arena of Annihilation weapon.)

Not to mention from a PvE perspective the heroic 5 man weapons(463) are an upgrade from the dreadful weapons.(457) The cons of removing dreadful weapons greatly outweigh the pros.
Edited by Astaeri on 10/5/2012 3:17 PM PDT
Reply Quote
60 Undead Monk
PvP is in one of the worst states I have ever seen, I dont know what game your playing.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
10/05/2012 03:19 PMPosted by Bergar
PvP is in one of the worst states I have ever seen, I dont know what game your playing.

It honestly couldn't be worse then S11 where whoever had the best PvE trinkets/weapons won.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
My only issue with PvP atm is if the stars align for certain classes you can kill them in a stun.

And they align pretty damn often.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Monk

It's not very hard getting the ilevel to get into heroics. (Seriously, I got the ilevel requirement through contender gear and the Arena of Annihilation weapon.)

Not to mention from a PvE perspective the heroic 5 man weapons(463) are an upgrade from the dreadful weapons.(457) The cons of removing dreadful weapons greatly outweigh the pros.

They don't mind people getting PVE gear and PVP'ing, they just don't want people cheesing PVP weapons and then clearing the content they just spent millions of dollars programming, designing, coding, etc...
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Death Knight
Has anyone even read the OP's post? Lol

I agree but I am having fun

Dk is nice cause we are immune to half that !@#$:)
Reply Quote
45 Undead Priest
10/05/2012 03:19 PMPosted by Bergar

this. op is on drugs or something.
Reply Quote
Sarcasm doesn't translate well through text. Especially to the quick to anger individuals.

Everyone should roll DKs. We have hardly any cc. A silence. A manually applied slow. A talented stun that replaces our silence. An aoe stun with a long ramp up time.

We also have many ways to escape cc. Second trinket with immunity. Magical cc immunity 5 secs every 45. Stun break and immunity. Slow break and immunity. 20% cc duration reduction. Fear break and immunity.

Good stuff. Dks are still fun.
Edited by Kätämie on 10/5/2012 4:29 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
A wild BM hunter appears

BM hunter casts beastial wrath

Dead.

GG
Reply Quote
Hey hey now pally.

You should be able to survive a hunter on your own.

There's not much that should be able to solo a ret pally right now:/
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I'm tempting to quit gearing up for PvP and go do other activities until this mess is fixed. It's just not fun with the amount of CC going on. Adding more CC while nerfing defensive dispels drastically increased the time you spend not playing your character.
Reply Quote
1 Human Warrior
10/05/2012 04:28 PMPosted by Kätämie
Everyone should roll DKs. We have hardly any cc.

Chains of Ice, Gnaw, Asphyxiate, Death Grip, Chillbanes
Reply Quote
10/05/2012 04:44 PMPosted by Buzkilington
Everyone should roll DKs. We have hardly any cc.

Chains of Ice, Gnaw, Asphyxiate, Death Grip, Chillbanes

Like I said. Hardly any cc.

Death grip isn't a cc btw.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Monk
Lets keep the discussion on topic please?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]