Vale of Eternal Blossoms, how do I get these?

90 Worgen Hunter
Dancing Water Skimmer
- Effervescent Glowfly
- Yellow-Bellied Bullfrog

I see the dancing water skimmer in the middle of the water, but I can't engage him in water. how do I catch these monsters?
Reply Quote
62 Draenei Death Knight
This is how I got them on my shaman:

Wind Shear (non damage spell), then kite to a clear area, switch to ghost wolf, let them reset and while they run back run after them clicking wildly.

They also spawn as seconds in other battles so check all pets in the area.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Hunter
I was able to nab a skimmer and glowfly through secondary gilded moths. I ran out of spawns, but are the bullfrogs secondary too?
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Hunter
This is how I got them on my shaman:

Wind Shear (non damage spell), then kite to a clear area, switch to ghost wolf, let them reset and while they run back run after them clicking wildly.

They also spawn as seconds in other battles so check all pets in the area.

Hmm, okay thanks:) Ill have to fly out a shaman friend apparently lol.

edit:I found all of them through secondary battles from moths, no rares but oh well.
Edited by Danshot on 10/5/2012 6:15 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Human Warlock
there's also serious range on engagements, I stood on the bank, half way up, and just clicked.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Hunter
The Yellow-Bellied Bullfrog has appeared for me as a secondary when engaging various other mobs.

Also for the Water Skimmer, I managed to get one by luring a gazelle into the water, and frightening the herd of skimmers and "herding" them to the shore as I fought the gazelle.

There are probably betters ways to do it... but, yeah...
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]