Ele Leveling Rotation? 85-90

85 Draenei Shaman
I've decided to start leveling my shammy from 85 to 90 =3 but the rotation has me very confused. I'm trying to Flame Shock, Unleash Elements, and Lava Burst the targets, and then filling with Lightning Bolt, but the FS and UL cooldowns are so frustrating. I can't exactly go from mob-to-mob with this tactic.

Anyone have any suggestions? I'm stuck with leveling through quests as Elemental because 1) I hate melee, and 2) I'd love to keep the same gear for healing.

I'd also love some talent and glyph opinions. They all seemed so underwhelming to me T_T

Thanks for any tips you might have :D!
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
Usually:

FS>LvB>LB.

Don't use Unleashed Elements. The spell effect for Flametongue weapon is not worth it, even for a leveling rotation.

also if you have a full Fulmination, use it AFTER FS and LvB. It finishes the mob off quick and you won't be stuck casting LB filler while waiting for CDs.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
Usually:

FS>LvB>LB.

Don't use Unleashed Elements. The spell effect for Flametongue weapon is not worth it, even for a leveling rotation.

also if you have a full Fulmination, use it AFTER FS and LvB. It finishes the mob off quick and you won't be stuck casting LB filler while waiting for CDs.
Okay, thanks :D I'll try it out.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
LB -> CL -> FS -> LvB -> CL -> LB -> ES killed every normal mob up to level 88 for me at which point I'd generally just LB on while waiting on the LvB CD.

Alternatively follow these steps once every 2 minutes:

1) Gather up 5 mobs
2) Pop Ancestral Guidance
3) UNLIMITED POWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH
4) Loot and repeat 2 minutes later

After level 87 follow these steps once every 3 minutes:

1) Gather as many mobs as you can without dying (I was leveling with a Guardian Druid and we found 15 normal mobs pretty easy to handle, though based on my exp at 90 I wouldn't suggest more than 8 or 9 solo)
2) Pop Ancestral Guidance and Ascendance
3) LAVA BEAM ALL THE THINGS!
4) Loot and repeat 3 minutes later.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
LB -> CL -> FS -> LvB -> CL -> LB -> ES killed every normal mob up to level 88 for me at which point I'd generally just LB on while waiting on the LvB CD.

Alternatively follow these steps once every 2 minutes:

1) Gather up 5 mobs
2) Pop Ancestral Guidance
3) UNLIMITED POWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH
4) Loot and repeat 2 minutes later

After level 87 follow these steps once every 3 minutes:

1) Gather as many mobs as you can without dying (I was leveling with a Guardian Druid and we found 15 normal mobs pretty easy to handle, though based on my exp at 90 I wouldn't suggest more than 8 or 9 solo)
2) Pop Ancestral Guidance and Ascendance
3) LAVA BEAM ALL THE THINGS!
4) Loot and repeat 3 minutes later.
Ooh, yay. Thanks :D Things already seem a bit more quick.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
I have always love ele for its aoe capabilities.

Round as much as you can handle as mentioned, pop a cd or two loot and repeat.

Stone bulwark

Ancestral guidance

Earth grab

HS totem

Ascendancy

Heroism

Fire Elle

Earth Elle

All of these used by them self and in conjunction if needed will keep you an aoe pullin machine.

I usually start with an elemental blast and spam chain lightning. Throw a FS here and there to get the insta lvb. If it is a huge group I will cast chain lightning cast eq at my feet with magma then spam chain lightning.

Edit for stupid autocorrect fail.
Edited by Madalynn on 10/6/2012 7:06 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Troll Shaman
When leveling, as long as you're not worried about someone stealing your kill, then it's worth opening with a spell with a casting time (usually Lightning Bolt before level 90) and then immediately following it with Flame Shock and Lava Burst (if available). This gives you a "free" health deduction of your opponent's health due to the travel time of the missile effect.

I also tended to rotate my damage avoidance options to reduce spell pushback. A rotation of Stone Bulwark Totem, Thunderstorm, Capacitor Totem, and Earthgrab Totem allowed for me to really speed things up. I do play on a PvP server, and so just running from mob to mob with no care for my health is not a great strategy -- but the benefits of rarely losing casting time to spell pushback was nice. The again, I also tended to drop a Fire Totem before casting (as I approached the mob) because I love totems.

One thing that is really fun is collecting groups of mobs and then combining an alternation of Earthgrab or Stone Bulwark with Lava Beam. Lava Beam is incredibly strong against leveling mobs. Similarly, blowing a Fire Elemental cooldown can help when taking on consecutive mobs in a small area, too.

These things may seem like unnecessary additions, but for me, they spiced up the leveling experience, and they made me more familiar with my abilities. Leveling isn't just leveling; it's training, and it should be enjoyable, too.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Shaman
Confused by leveling rotation?

Is this a serious thread?

Now I am confused.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]