Lilian Voss replacing Sylvanas

100 Night Elf Druid
I was just thinking, Lilian Voss would make an excellent candidate to replace Sylvanas if the latter becomes too insane and corrupted by the Val'kyr to be saved. Unlike Sylvanas, Lilian is not concerned with world conquest, and she has the same sort of fighting spirit that Sylvanas once had. I know Lilian supposedly died for good in Scholomance, but since when have major undead characters dropped that easily?
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Since when has ANY lore character dropped that easily?

That said, I doubt Lilian has any interest in governing Undercity given how much she hates the undead. Koltira or other members of the Ebon Blade are a safer bet than she is.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Shaman
Lillian's a reference to a magic the gathering card, and Koltira is horrible. Don't you dare try to put Thassarians sidekick in power.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
Since when has ANY lore character dropped that easily?

That said, I doubt Lilian has any interest in governing Undercity given how much she hates the undead. Koltira or other members of the Ebon Blade are a safer bet than she is.

True, but so did Sylvanas in her early days of freedom. In fact Lilian echoes some of the things Sylvanas said in Warcraft 3. At one point Sylvanas agreed in not wanting to doom others to undeath and not wanting to subdue all of Azeroth. Several years of a demon advisor and former Scourge agents seem to have changed that perspective.

10/06/2012 03:05 PMPosted by Skytotem
Lillian's a reference to a magic the gathering card, and Koltira is horrible. Don't you dare try to put Thassarians sidekick in power.

Why? Cause he doesn't want to conquer all of Azeroth, destroy every living thing and force "heroes" to suck up to and act like villains?
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Shaman
10/06/2012 04:01 PMPosted by Dathrel
Why? Cause he doesn't want to conquer all of Azeroth, destroy every living thing and force "heroes" to suck up to and act like villains?

Because he can't power his own damn runeblade, got caught by scarlets, got whupped by Thassarian, and sucks as a field commander. (He tried to 'whittle down' the scourge's numbers.)
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I'm going to throw my vote in for Galen Trollbane.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Shaman
10/06/2012 04:11 PMPosted by Skytotem

Because he can't power his own damn runeblade, got caught by scarlets, got whupped by Thassarian, and sucks as a field commander. (He tried to 'whittle down' the scourge's numbers.)

I agree Koltira would be a bad choice. It doesnt help that he seems more popular with allaince player than he is with horde ones. Thats always a bad sign.

Personally Im hoping Sylvanas has either broken Koltira's will or killed him by this point.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
No
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Warrior
10/06/2012 04:48 PMPosted by Mephelis
No

This. There is no replacement for Sylvanas. That would be like replacing Bane currently or Velan. There is no one able to fulfill that role.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Rogue
Koltira isn't doing what's best for the Forsaken. Not even in a symbiotic relationship like Sylvanas is. he refused to attack the alliance while at the same time acknowlging that the rules of warfare say he should because he was only giving the living forces a chance to rest up. he knew he was wrong for it because then he tells you not to say anything. Koltira would make a piss poor choice.

Lilian Voss... we know very little about as far as her leadership abilities, or desire to lead. We only really know that she is personally powerful. thats it. So, there is room to write her into a Forsaken leader but the same can be argued for anybody who has a name with no backgrouind. Or even anybody without a name for that matter. I see no reason to make her Forsaken leader. meanwhile blizz seems to periodically emphasize that the Forsaken still need Sylvanas. i doubt she's going anywhere anytime soon.
Reply Quote
96 Undead Warlock
While I am not currently fond of Sylvanas myself, I am fond of the Forsaken, and she is a massive part of Forsaken culture. She doesn't really have a successor, as most notable Forsaken worship her (Nathanos, Faranel), aren't well liked by the Horde player base (Koltira or Redpath (Anyone else remember when people wanted Redpath to be leader?)) or or are a pop culture reference (Lillian Voss, Belmont).

The only Forsaken that doesn't seem to worship her, isn't hated by many or isn't a pop culture referrence, is Galen Trollbane.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Warrior
No

That would be like replacing Bane

That's funny because Baine himself ia a replacement..
Edited by Malodin on 10/6/2012 6:49 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Warrior
Honestly, i don't know enough about Voss to make a judgement on her, but Koltira is an incompetant schmo. Since i absolutely dispise the Forsaken, and firmly beleive they all belong back in the dirt, i would support him as a replacement for Sylvanas. Mostly because he'd run the corpse heap into the ground in a matter of months, and the rest of the world could go on without the stench, the crazy or the pollution.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman

That would be like replacing Bane

Funny because Baine himself ia a replacement..

You've taken his quote out of context. What he said is that there is currently no replacement for Baine, Velen, or Sylvanas.

Baine was a replacement for Cairne, but he was an existing lore character who was clearly in line as the successor whenever his father passed. Baine currently has no child to pass his leadership too. Likewise, Velen and Sylvanas also have no clear successor.

Personally, I agree. I truly believe Lillian Voss is dead. Koltira is not a leader.

This is the first time I've read Galen Trollbane as a successor. That would be interesting, but I don't think it will happen unless the character gets some serious development over the next couple of years.

If Sylvanas really does become replaced, I expect we'll see a new character introduced in a book and given a clear lead-up to the succession.
Reply Quote
1 Blood Elf Rogue
Obviously they just need to bring back Putress and have him take over. He's the only cool thing to come out of the Forsaken since WC3.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
Liliana Vess for Banshee Queen.......... wait what?
Reply Quote
Putress probably would've been an okay leader... save for the whole going insane and siding with demons thing

Aside from the others already mentioned, there aren't many other really notable Forsaken.

Only one I'd name that hasn't already been, is Sharlinda. She's Sylvanas' best friend and advisor it seems
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
I hope Koltira goes into a death coma from whatever they're doing to him and never wakes up.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
The only character currently in game that could properly replace Sylvanas is Nathanos. That said if blizz decided to replace Sylvanas (unlikely) I think it would be with a brand new character not one we have already seen.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]