PvP making game unenjoyable.

90 Blood Elf Hunter
I was playing a BG today and a Paladin Holy Shocked me for 196k and then killed me with his next shot. This seems to happen a lot, it may very well be the battlegroup I am on but it seems like all I face are Paladins that are beyond unkillable. I enjoy PvP and enjoy it often but after experiencing things like this constantly and seeing how most of the Magic classes namely pallies, DKs, Mages, Locks, and Priests seem to dominate PvP geared or not....it leaves me wondering whether to bother playing anymore. As a hunter I eel like we are the weakest class and the way PvP is it seems those classes seem to steamroll all others. I watch Rogues and Warriors and fellow hunters get destroyed so quickly and it just shocks me that the balance is so crazy. I am well aware that my toon is nowhere near geared but come on the way it is now seem so insane. A 196k crit compared to my crits on clothies doing average of 20-30k. is anyone else experiencing the same by any chance?
Reply Quote
91 Undead Warlock
hunters dominate pvp right now.
you need some pvp gear.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
I have a hard time believing a gear divide swings the game so drastically and if it does then something is very wrong IMO.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
10/06/2012 02:31 PMPosted by Atharun
I have a hard time believing a gear divide swings the game so drastically and if it does then something is very wrong IMO.

You need some gear, yes it does make a difference. Nothing is wrong, the PVP gear > all of your gear. If it didn't matter we wouldn't be wearing it.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
I know it makes a difference but to be that dramatic of a gap seems broken.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
10/06/2012 02:43 PMPosted by Atharun

Its not broken...look at the starts the gear gives you, compared to what you have. How is that broken? You will live longer, hit harder, get hit for way less. Some classes will still nuke you, that's beyond what YOUR issue is.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Warrior
10/06/2012 02:43 PMPosted by Atharun

The whole reason they put in pvp power was to force people to stop wearing PVE gear in PVP. That's why you're getting roughed up so much in your current gear.

People in full pvp gear are doing between 25% and 30% more damage to you from their pvp power stat.
Edited by Grux on 10/6/2012 2:50 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Shaman
This game is still too difficult for a lot of players.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Priest
OP you have 1 piece of PvP gear & you are missing 7 enchants. You also have a 2-8 arena record (lifetime). This indicates to me that you are at best average & you are for a fact wearing below average/PVE gear. Working completely as intended.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]