Dropping JC after having it for 3 years

90 Human Mage
dropping JC next week. Dont make me do it blizz! Add stormy serpent's eye!
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
DPS
im going to drop it a week or so after lfr hits. Ill be able to make a good bit the first few days.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
I wish i had engineering on my main - its way more useful and fun. Especially since i farm quiet alot having the mailbox, northrend port and jeeves was awesome. I think engineering got a portable anvil too

Jewelcrafting is so boring - can't really drop it; achievement purposes.

I don't even bother learning new cuts cause i can't be stuffed linking in trade and waiting for replies.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warlock
Right now JCing is barely worth it. You can shuffle but their's better ways now.

I'm hoping with LFR and more 90s the demand will increase. Right now I'm just learning my cut each day and then doing nothing with that character.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
aus
JC should have a stormy eye. The issue is not that they don't have that choice, but because JC gems actually reduce the base amount.

As an example
3000 pvp power+320 strength for an enchanter.
2660 pvp power +640 strength for a JC.

The same applies to scribes where they can not use the pvp enchants.

JC profits are at the whim of JC design, they should improve once the bulk of JC patterns are acquired but it can't be helped for now. Sadly no matter how many times i have posted in reply to people who wanted anything that was not JC dailies the change the asked for happened.
Edited by Mate on 10/7/2012 11:13 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
Someone's mad they can't double dip on their profession perks anymore.

It's about time Blizzard finally did something about JCing and Blacksmithing min/maxing.

Think about it for a second. If Blizzard added a stormy serpent's eye people with both JCing and Blacksmithing could get an additional 1280 PvP power vs the 640 Blacksmiths get and the 0 that every other profession has. (1280 being a HUGE difference in PvP, making the two professions together absolutely mandatory for any serious PvPer.)

What Blizzard should be doing instead is moving Blacksmithing away from additional socket models to bring it back in line with the other professions and the perks they provide, not buff Jewelcrafting to allow people with both professions to double dip on PvP power.

Either that or remove all PvP Power gems altogether. It was a mistake to allow people to gem for PvP power in the first place, we told them that on beta but they went through with it anyway and that's why we have a problem right now with Blacksmithing vs the other professions.
Edited by Vindicare on 10/8/2012 2:55 AM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Death Knight
If they added PvP Power to JC, it would only provide 480, not 640, for a total bonus PvP Power of 1120, not 1280. However, if PvP Power is as strong as everyone keeps claiming, they should probably nerf the gem anyways to provide 240 power rather than 320...balance it around stamina rather than secondary stats.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Warrior
JC crit gems give the same bonus as our strength gems, ie. 320.

Is this a bug then?
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Someone's mad they can't double dip on their profession perks anymore.

It's about time Blizzard finally did something about JCing and Blacksmithing min/maxing.

Think about it for a second. If Blizzard added a stormy serpent's eye people with both JCing and Blacksmithing could get an additional 1280 PvP power vs the 640 Blacksmiths get and the 0 that every other profession has. (1280 being a HUGE difference in PvP, making the two professions together absolutely mandatory for any serious PvPer.)

What Blizzard should be doing instead is moving Blacksmithing away from additional socket models to bring it back in line with the other professions and the perks they provide, not buff Jewelcrafting to allow people with both professions to double dip on PvP power.

Either that or remove all PvP Power gems altogether. It was a mistake to allow people to gem for PvP power in the first place, we told them that on beta but they went through with it anyway and that's why we have a problem right now with Blacksmithing vs the other professions.

All they need to do to fix this problem is change the blacksmith-only sockets so they no longer accept gems with PvP power or resilience. Simple. Just like that, blacksmithing gets back in line with the other professions without having to rework the entire stat perk mechanism for the profession.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Death Knight
10/09/2012 10:02 AMPosted by Karsi
All they need to do to fix this problem is change the blacksmith-only sockets so they no longer accept gems with PvP power or resilience. Simple. Just like that, blacksmithing gets back in line with the other professions without having to rework the entire stat perk mechanism for the profession.

Blacksmithing would still offer a 640 secondary stat bonus though, making it better then all the rest. Personally I don't care, all the min/maxers have been BS since WotLK. The epic gems in Cata and now the secondary stat boosts are just bonus.

I do kind of hope the change gets rid of more JCs though. Every expansion has more and more competition.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]