Game freezing during logout..
It is entirely possible that your game is writing quite a bit of information out to files during logout, especially if you have Prat installed and are using any of its various log files, or the Armory addon, which re-writes everything it stores in RAM upon logout.
Official Mac Tech Support Forum Cookie™ (Mint Chocolate Chip)
Guaranteed tasty; Potentially volatile when dipped in General Forums Syrup®
Caution: This cookie bites back.
I tried disabling the out of date mods. Still freezing.
I deleted the Cache, Interface, and WTF folders. Still freezing.
Checked my software, everything is up to date.
Stopped running other programs. No luck.
I'm running OS 10.6.8
Model Name: iMac
Model Identifier: iMac8,1
Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo
Processor Speed: 2.66 GHz
Number Of Processors: 1
Total Number Of Cores: 2
L2 Cache: 6 MB
Memory: 4 GB
Bus Speed: 1.07 GHz
Boot ROM Version: IM81.00C1.B00
SMC Version (system): 1.29f1
Serial Number (system): ----
Hardware UUID: -----
Mac Technical || Sun – Thur, 11 AM – 8 PM CST
Need 1x1 help? https://battle.net/support/article/contact
Rwlrlwrlwrl wrlrwl rwlwrlw rlwrlwrlwr wlrwlwr grglblrglglr? Wrwlrwl rarwlwrlwr grgrblgr!
For the moment, can you try repairing your permissions and reset your UI and see if this helps?
Reset the permissions on your World of Warcraft folder
1. Select the World of Warcraft folder
2. Press Command + I
3. In the Info box, go to the Sharing & Permissions section and click on the lock and unlock it, entering your admin password when prompted.
4. Make sure you have Read & Write permissions
5. Click on the Action icon (cog wheel) and select Apply to enclosed items
Repair Permissions via Disk Utility
1. Navigate to /Applications/Utilities/ and open Disk Utility.
2. Select the hard drive the game is installed on.
3. Select the First Aid option.
4. Click on the Repair Disk Permissions button.
Reset the temp files
1. Navigate to /Applications/World of Warcraft/
2. Delete the Cache folder.
3. Move Interface and WTF to the Desktop.
4. Launch WoW.
If this doesn't, we may have something else to help out.
It seemed to help. I left it on the default ui for about a day. Then I added a few addons a bit at a time and I haven't had any problems since.
I noticed the original poster in that thread didn't reply back, so maybe it worked for him as well.
I'll keep this in mind, if the problem happens again.
It still locks up while logging out. -_- It also just started locking up while logging in. >.<
Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:
Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.
Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.
Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.