Blacksmithing Mote Requirements

90 Human Death Knight
Hey, I recently bought the patterns for the epic plate pieces for my blacksmithing. I had noticed that it requires a good bit of Spirits of Harmony even to just make one. I thought at first that everyone had to deal with it, so I didn't say anything.

However, I just realized that tailors can make their epics without any at all! Why are blacksmiths required to gather 8 Spirits of Harmony when other crafting professions can make their same gear (identical ilevel) without having to farm them?

Thanks in advance.

Edit: I do see that LW's are also required to have them. But even still, why can tailoring make these epics and the other two have to farm more to make them? It's not like there's a shortage of cloth or anything...
Edited by Volendrung on 10/6/2012 6:53 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Death Knight
Can't tailors only make 1 piece of bind on pickup cloth a day without using spirits? Living steel just so happens to not be bop and doesn't necessarily require spirits at all.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
Either way, they can make the epic pieces without farming the spirits. Even if I could only make a "BS only item" once a day... it would be a lot easier than having to get 8 spirits per epic. I can't even help my guildies out with gear because I'm having trouble getting them even for myself.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
get revered with tillers, grow motes, profit.

tailors can make 1 cloth a day, anyone can grow 1.2 spirits a day with tillers revered(1.6 if exaulted)
Edited by Zachfu on 10/6/2012 8:25 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Warrior
Back in Cata, the Tailors didn't need Chaos orbs to craft the epic items either. But they needed Chaos orbs to craft the cloth needed to craft the epic items.

Blacksmiths and Leatherworkers needed the chaos orbs directly in the plans for the epics.

It's the same deal here.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
Every profession has a gating system in MOP. Smiths need spirits, JCers/alchemists/scribes get to do one transmute or whatever their prof calls it a day, tailors can make one cloth a day. There are just different ways to gate each profession is all.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
Hey, I recently bought the patterns for the epic plate pieces for my blacksmithing. I had noticed that it requires a good bit of Spirits of Harmony even to just make one. I thought at first that everyone had to deal with it, so I didn't say anything.

However, I just realized that tailors can make their epics without any at all! Why are blacksmiths required to gather 8 Spirits of Harmony when other crafting professions can make their same gear (identical ilevel) without having to farm them?

Thanks in advance.

Edit: I do see that LW's are also required to have them. But even still, why can tailoring make these epics and the other two have to farm more to make them? It's not like there's a shortage of cloth or anything...

That's not even the half of it. Once we get most of the mats together we still have to PAY THROUGH THE NOSE to get the !@#$ing living steel from Alchemists. So we can only craft insofar as other crafters can say "no" and we are stuck. Or go pay on AH to buy the stuff.
Edited by Maladomini on 10/7/2012 6:21 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
10/07/2012 06:20 AMPosted by Maladomini
That's not even the half of it. Once we get most of the mats together we still have to PAY THROUGH THE NOSE to get the !@#$ing living steel from Alchemists. So we can only craft insofar as other crafters can say "no" and we are stuck. Or go pay on AH to buy the stuff

You are a miner. Find an alchemist who will work with you and make your living steel for a reasonable price if you supply the mats. If you can find one trying to level his skill it will work out well for both of you.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
the cloth to make the epics cost 3 spirits for 1 cloth or no spirits with a 24hour cd

epic chest is 6 imperial silk the hands are 4 that is 30 spirits if you made all your cloth with spirits.

i found my self about one spirit cloth to 1 free cloth leaving me at 15 spirits to make chest and hands
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Mage
Just curious, but for those needing an alchemist, why doesn't your guild (if your in one) have one? Us alchemists are sooo handy for those flasks and stuff. I am currently working with a miner in my guild for the mats so that our Blacksmith can have the Living Steel they need.

Also, if you mine, they may be willing to trade services with a fee for the ghost iron. It takes 120 ghost iron ores(60 bars) just to make 1 Living steel. If your lucky find an alchemist that has transmutation mastery and you could get more even quicker as it could proc and give you 2 Living Steel (or more).
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]