Nat Pagle rep grind is ridiculous

(Locked)

8 Human Priest
525-600 fishing, and a few hundred fish since then and I've caught a grand total of TWO fish for Pagle

2 of the 84 fish required and it's taken well over 1000 casts

I know where to get the fish from, so it's not like I'm fishing in a place that doesn't drop them either
90 Pandaren Priest
I tried fishing up some special fish the other day. Got the Sea Turtle instead.

Also, how does a sea turtle find it's way to a pool of Tiger Gourami in Kun Lai summit?
90 Pandaren Monk
Very carefully.
90 Goblin Death Knight
It's funny. I didn't set out to grind rep with Nat, but I was fishing for sugar minnows for one of the Cloud Serpent dailies, just in the stream right next to the Cloud Sepent camp in Jade Forest, and I caught a Flying Tiger Gourami. This was the morning after I dinged 90.

Then later that day I was fishing in a Reef Octopus school just for cooking mats and I caught a Mimic Octopus. That was two turn-ins for Nat in the same day, without trying.

I caught another Flying Tiger Gourami while doing an Anglers daily today, the second day after hitting 90. So I guess I've had a lot better luck with Nat Pagle RNG so far.

I'll tell you what, though.The third fish you can turn in to him, the Spinefish Alpha - I'm starting to wonder if that thing really exists. I'm trying to catch it for the Pandarian Angler achievement and I've spent hours - literally - trying to get it. I've made a pile of gold from the trash in the Sha-polluted waters you get it from, but no Alpha. sigh.
90 Dwarf Hunter
I tried fishing up some special fish the other day. Got the Sea Turtle instead.

Also, how does a sea turtle find it's way to a pool of Tiger Gourami in Kun Lai summit?

Don't fish in pools for those 3 different fish...its all open water type fishing.....I have been able to catch 1 of each of the 3 everyday so far ....think of gold you can make off the other fish you catch ...I am cleaning up on my realm with excess fish I don't need to store up for cooking......
90 Gnome Mage
If you expected anything else from THE Nat Pagle... well, I'm not sure fishing is really your thing.
I caught the SPine fish alpha in one of the corrupted pools today. It is the only one I have.
90 Human Priest
I've been able to catch all three, every day, on two separate characters. (I fish on one screen while playing on another, makes grinding out stuff like fishing much more bearable.)
8 Human Priest
another 160 fish. no rep fish
90 Night Elf Druid
It's funny. I didn't set out to grind rep with Nat, but I was fishing for sugar minnows for one of the Cloud Serpent dailies, just in the stream right next to the Cloud Sepent camp in Jade Forest, and I caught a Flying Tiger Gourami. This was the morning after I dinged 90.

Then later that day I was fishing in a Reef Octopus school just for cooking mats and I caught a Mimic Octopus. That was two turn-ins for Nat in the same day, without trying.

I caught another Flying Tiger Gourami while doing an Anglers daily today, the second day after hitting 90. So I guess I've had a lot better luck with Nat Pagle RNG so far.

I'll tell you what, though.The third fish you can turn in to him, the Spinefish Alpha - I'm starting to wonder if that thing really exists. I'm trying to catch it for the Pandarian Angler achievement and I've spent hours - literally - trying to get it. I've made a pile of gold from the trash in the Sha-polluted waters you get it from, but no Alpha. sigh.

I have not caught a single one...I kinda wish there was another way to turn in stuff to him, I mean it can give less rep but, something would be nice. Maybe we could make him a lure or something?
MVP
90 Worgen Warlock
10/06/2012 10:26 PMPosted by Caelesti
I've been able to catch all three, every day, on two separate characters. (I fish on one screen while playing on another, makes grinding out stuff like fishing much more bearable.)

You have really good luck. I've been fishing since dinging 90 and only have gotten 1 flying gourami for the turnin.

I guess Nat Pagle is like the "insane" grind for MOP or something. I'm just sad that the fishing book for alts requires revered reputation with him instead of the anglers. Oh well.
90 Blood Elf Paladin
a suggestion? don't grind nat pagle rep. just fish because you enjoy fishing, or need cooking mats or are doing cloud serpent dailies.

if you fish every day, eventually the rep will find you, you must not seek it.
10/06/2012 10:53 PMPosted by Alona

You have really good luck. I've been fishing since dinging 90 and only have gotten 1 flying gourami for the turnin.

I guess Nat Pagle is like the "insane" grind for MOP or something. I'm just sad that the fishing book for alts requires revered reputation with him instead of the anglers. Oh well.

I have also gotten all 3 special fish for Nat for about a 1.5 weeks straight now. It takes anywhere from 1 hour to 3 hours to catch all three. But I am a rep and achieve addict, so I will endure! Just have some patience and you can catch all 3 each day.
90 Night Elf Druid
a suggestion? don't grind nat pagle rep. just fish because you enjoy fishing, or need cooking mats or are doing cloud serpent dailies.

if you fish every day, eventually the rep will find you, you must not seek it.

that's what i've been doing...still nothing. And, I haven't even tried to grind it because...it's just to boring. They really need to update fishing...badly. Until then it would still be nice if it was like "go make me a lure, 10 rep if you do" or something.
90 Human Paladin
10/06/2012 10:55 PMPosted by Supertom
just fish because you enjoy fishing

...do these people actually exist? Really? Fishing is, by far, THE most mundane task in the game, and has been so since it was implemented. Fishing is something I do while watching a movie on second monitor, it has absolutely zero enjoyment in and of itself and I have trouble believing anyone whose gone through the work to max it out has a different opinion on it.
Edited by Retsu on 10/6/2012 11:10 PM PDT
90 Night Elf Druid
10/06/2012 11:09 PMPosted by Retsu
just fish because you enjoy fishing

...do these people actually exist? Really? Fishing is, by far, THE most mundane task in the game, and has been so since it was implemented. Fishing is something I do while watching a movie on second monitor, it has absolutely zero enjoyment in and of itself and I have trouble believing anyone whose gone through the work to max it out has a different opinion on it.

I used to like fishing...in BC >.> it has not aged as well as other things.
90 Dwarf Warlock
10/06/2012 10:50 PMPosted by Naljara
another 160 fish. no rep fish

only 160 fish?

i need 104 ironpaw tokens to speed level all my ways of cooking.
1 stack of fish= 1 bundle of groceries = 1 ironpaw token

i need 2080 fish lol

Wouldn't meat be an easier alternative?

Just buy bucketloads of the really cheap meat off the AH and you're g2g.
90 Dwarf Hunter
10/06/2012 11:09 PMPosted by Retsu
..do these people actually exist? Really? Fishing is, by far, THE most mundane task in the game,

I have made close to 75K+ from selling fish from LK all the way to MoP...yes we do exist....I had a stroke last year when my left arm begins to hurt and grow dead feeling due to the stroke I go fishing cause I can use just my right arm to fish ......there is tons of money to be made from fishing just have to known what is high selling fish on the AH market....I sold stacks of spinefish from MoP for 1500 last week.....to some it might be boring but to me its a great money maker that doesn't require much input mats to do...just my time.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]