ShurikenToss instead of Mutilate???

90 Human Rogue
Your pety attempts to cloud the subject of this thread is really getting annoying, either !@#$ and stop being a pest in my thread, or go try it for yourself instead of sitting on your %^- and crying for proof.. im challenging my readers to try something new... either try it.. or shut up
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Rogue
Jumping off a bridge gives you super powers.

I dont have any proof but go try it.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Rogue
10/07/2012 06:48 PMPosted by Sheevah
Shuriken toss is inferior if for no other reason than the inability to proc blindside.

And enchants.

This guy is an idiot, don't waste your breath Sheevah.
Reply Quote
10 Goblin Rogue
10/07/2012 06:57 PMPosted by Mercifull
Your pety attempts to cloud the subject of this thread is really getting annoying, either !@#$ and stop being a pest in my thread, or go try it for yourself instead of sitting on your %^- and crying for proof.. im challenging my readers to try something new... either try it.. or shut up

You can't even spell "petty" and you resort to profanity over being faced with the fact that the burden of proof is on your shoulders.

Unfortunately for you, the reality isn't that other people should "try it or shut up", it's that you should provide evidence to support your claim (other than anecdotal) or you should be the one to shut your trap.

Face it, you're a mediocre rogue, at best, that is challenging the math of people that could qualify as being borderline statistical geniuses when you can't even be bothered to show the least bit of respect for the English language while posting from a rogue that could be played at the same level of performance by a 12-year-old. Posting without offering proof isn't something you should honestly, or reasonably, think would be helping your cause.

Edit:

And enchants.

This guy is an idiot, don't waste your breath Sheevah.

For a change, I'm actually going to take this advice and bow out of this worthless thread.

/salute
Edited by Sheevah on 10/7/2012 7:04 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
The purpose of this thread was to challenge your so called "statistical geniuses" to consider this option in there simulations... i never once boasted that i was a numerical engineer and that i just solved the answer to perpetual energy... I simply challenged you so called "know it alls" to try something you probably havent even thought of... i understand where that might bruise your ego... since you so kindly pointed out....

Face it, you're a mediocre rogue at best that is challenging the math of people that could qualify as being border-line statistical geniuses

Saying something like this.. with out even trying my suggestion.. and then sitting in your tower trying to belittle my rogue and my suggestions because i have not provided an inflated sense of statistical proof to convince you to even try it?... This is why i told you to try it or shut up.. you are no better than all the trolls that come along saying "you mad bro"... Either try what i suggested, say something helpful to other rogues, or something constructive with out sounding like a shovanistic jerk.

Above and beyond the trolling in this thread... your attempts to belittle my rogue.. discredit my posts.. and argue your thoughts with the same anecdotal type of concepts.... i still promote every one who reads this thread... who owns a rogue which seems like every one responding... to just go try it and the results will surprise you..

I dont need to post proof if you are a rogue and you try it for yourself.. the proof will be in your own results!!!!! <<<<<<

if you are unwilling to try it for yourself and compair your personal results, then there is nothing i can tell you to change what you already believe.
Edited by Mercifull on 10/7/2012 7:16 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Rogue
10/07/2012 07:09 PMPosted by Mercifull
Face it, you're a mediocre rogue at best that is challenging the math of people that could qualify as being border-line statistical geniuses

Saying something like this.. with out even trying my suggestion.. and then sitting in your tower trying to belittle my rogue and my suggestions because i have not provided an inflated sense of statistical proof to convince you to even try it?... This is why i told you to try it or shut up.. you are no better than all the trolls that come along saying "you mad bro"... Either try what i suggested, say something helpful to other rogues, or something constructive with out sounding like a shovanistic jerk.

Above and beyond the trolling in this thread... your attempts to belittle my rogue.. discredit my posts.. and argue your thoughts with the same anecdotal type of concepts.... i still promote every one who reads this thread... who owns a rogue which seems like every one responding... to just go try it and the results will surprise you..

I dont need to post proof if you are a rogue and you try it for yourself.. the proof will be in your own results!!!!! <<<<<<

if you are unwilling to try it for yourself and compair your personal results, then there is nothing i can tell you to change what you already believe.

Once again I say, jumping off a bridge gives you super powers.

Dont believe me? Try it!
Reply Quote
90 Orc Rogue
You'd probably gain more dps from gemming and enchanting your gear properly, champ.
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
Once again I say, jumping off a bridge gives you super powers.Dont believe me? Try it!

The purpose of this thread was to challenge your so called "statistical geniuses" to consider this option in there simulations... i never once boasted that i was a numerical engineer and that i just solved the answer to perpetual energy... I simply challenged you so called "know it alls" to try something you probably havent even thought of... i understand where that might bruise your ego... since you so kindly pointed out....
Saying something like this.. with out even trying my suggestion.. and then sitting in your tower trying to belittle my rogue and my suggestions because i have not provided an inflated sense of statistical proof to convince you to even try it?... This is why i told you to try it or shut up.. you are no better than all the trolls that come along saying "you mad bro"... Either try what i suggested, say something helpful to other rogues, or something constructive with out sounding like a shovanistic jerk. Above and beyond the trolling in this thread... your attempts to belittle my rogue.. discredit my posts.. and argue your thoughts with the same anecdotal type of concepts.... i still promote every one who reads this thread... who owns a rogue which seems like every one responding... to just go try it and the results will surprise you.. I dont need to post proof if you are a rogue and you try it for yourself.. the proof will be in your own results!!!!! <<<<<<if you are unwilling to try it for yourself and compair your personal results, then there is nothing i can tell you to change what you already believe.
Reply Quote
6 Blood Elf Priest
10/07/2012 07:15 PMPosted by Blacksad
You'd probably gain more dps from gemming and enchanting your gear properly, champ.

You would probably gain more dps if you reforged your bracers properly, champ. I am not sure what is worse, the fact that you reforged to mastery instead of haste when you're combat, or the fact that you chose to reforge the hit instead of the crit. Lol, more like blackbad
Edited by Lorenia on 10/7/2012 7:27 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Rogue
10/07/2012 07:18 PMPosted by Mercifull
The purpose of this thread was to challenge your so called "statistical geniuses" to consider this option in there simulations

You know what helps with that.....posting some of your own numbers!

Otherwise...why would anyone waste their time on your word alone?
Reply Quote
12 Human Hunter
10/07/2012 07:18 PMPosted by Mercifull
Once again I say, jumping off a bridge gives you super powers.Dont believe me? Try it!

Saying something like this.. with out even trying my suggestion.. and then sitting in your tower trying to belittle my rogue and my suggestions because i have not provided an inflated sense of statistical proof to convince you to even try it?... This is why i told you to try it or shut up.. you are no better than all the trolls that come along saying "you mad bro"... Either try what i suggested, say something helpful to other rogues, or something constructive with out sounding like a shovanistic jerk. Above and beyond the trolling in this thread... your attempts to belittle my rogue.. discredit my posts.. and argue your thoughts with the same anecdotal type of concepts.... i still promote every one who reads this thread... who owns a rogue which seems like every one responding... to just go try it and the results will surprise you.. I dont need to post proof if you are a rogue and you try it for yourself.. the proof will be in your own results!!!!! <<<<<<if you are unwilling to try it for yourself and compair your personal results, then there is nothing i can tell you to change what you already believe.

I agree with this guy.. you guys that talk trash are just lazy as hell. Try it or !@#$.

And btw i tried it and hes right. I was doing the exact same DPS when i replaced Mut with ST if i had more mastery i would have done way more.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
3/10

• +2 for number of pages past the first.
  • +1 for thinking your anecdotal "proof" is not a complete waste of time for anyone, let alone mathematical geniuses.
  • Wouldn't read again.
    Reply Quote
    90 Orc Rogue
    10/07/2012 07:22 PMPosted by Lorenia
    You would probably gain more dps if you reforged your bracers properly, champ. I am not sure what is worse, the fact that you reforged to mastery instead of haste when you're combat, or the fact that you chose to reforge the hit instead of the crit. Lol, more like blackbad

Haha, you got me. I missed it when I reforged back from Assassination. Crit has more value than hit past the cap, fyi, which I have to do with what I have. /pat

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/bleeding-hollow/Kalandrial/advanced

You should talk Kalandrial, with your 9 unenchanted items. XD
    Edited by Blacksad on 10/7/2012 7:48 PM PDT
    Reply Quote
    90 Blood Elf Rogue
    Well, let's see. Shuriken Toss generates 1 CP for 20e. Mutilate generates 2 + 30% chance of a free 1 for 55e.Mutilate would average 2.3. 55/2.3 = 23.9e/CP
    So, Shuriken Toss seems to be about 20% more efficient with generating CPs.

Damage wise, let's see...
    Toss does 9114/20 = 455.7 DPE

Mutilate does (my avg MH=8528.5//OH=3553.5)
    (8528.5 * 2) + 535 = 17592
    (3553.5 * 2) = 535 = 7642
    == 25234 / 55 = 458.8

But, Mutilate can proc a free Dispatch which is (8528.5 * 4) + 2333 = 36447.
    Which will bump Mutilate's DPE a bunch.
    -
    I think in a direct comparison, Mutilate is probably the winner damage wise. But, since Toss generates those extra CPs.. This sounds a lot like the Hemo vs Backstab thing.....
    Hmm. I'm pretty tired right now. Might have screwed something up.
    Edited by Knocrogue on 10/7/2012 7:49 PM PDT
    Reply Quote
    90 Pandaren Rogue
    Tried it, rotation felt a lot better and the dps was around the same.
    Reply Quote
    100 Troll Rogue
    10/07/2012 05:10 PMPosted by Blacksad
    Because the fact of the matter, is Shuriken Toss is out-performing mutilate.

Shuriken Toss can't proc blindside. /thread

Stop making anecdotal posts, a Rogue which doesn't know better will believe this garbage and actually do it.

But does shruiken toss increase cp generation enough to make up for that?
    Reply Quote
    90 Human Rogue
    Knocrogue a few things i would like to add to your calculations...

Shuriken Toss has the same 30% chance to add a second combo point.... and you are not factoring in deadly poison procs with mutilate and deadly poison throws... the reason i believe shuriken toss is doing more damage in overall terms is because it is proccing more deadly poisons per minute... consider if you are mastery stacked, this plays to that advantage perfectly considering you Want to proc as many deadly poisons as you can per minute!... THis spec isnt like combat with hard critting sinister strikes...
    Reply Quote
    90 Night Elf Rogue
    Haha, you got me. I missed it when I reforged back from Assassination. Crit has more value than hit past the cap, fyi, which I have to do with what I have. /pat

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/bleeding-hollow/Kalandrial/advanced

You should talk Kalandrial, with your 9 unenchanted items. XD

Whoa whoa whoa, you cogshanks'd me? Not cool bro XD

P.S. Blacksad, I liked you better with your old transmog =(
    MjNjYTljYzdkM2E4MzY4YWU5M2YyOGYwNjc0OTcwMmU3YTg0NTc1MA==
    Edited by Kalandrial on 10/8/2012 10:22 AM PDT
    Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
    Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]