Windwalker DPS, 2h or DW?

(Locked)

90 Pandaren Monk
As title ask, what do you use for the most damage? does one pull ahead over the other?

Does one fit pve or pvp better than the other?
47 Pandaren Monk
WW is DW while BM is 2H. MW seems to be either but I heard that DW is a little better (depends on the weapons available to you).
90 Pandaren Monk
10/07/2012 08:22 AMPosted by Derim
WW is DW while BM is 2H. MW seems to be either but I heard that DW is a little better (depends on the weapons available to you).

Mistweaver cannot dual wield,

any other experienced monks know?
90 Pandaren Monk
It doesn't matter.

Seriously, it doesn't. It's within like, 1%.
86 Blood Elf Paladin
I've dps'd with both and i've topped damage every time with both. WW is pretty damn good dps right now. Pulling 40k with some greens and pvp gear on. Don't forget to use touch of karma and stand in the bosses hard hitting abilities ;x
86 Blood Elf Paladin
Although! I was wondering if weapon speed matters or only the dps on the weapon. I have a fast staff atm and won a roll on a slower staff but gave it to a druid that didn't have a heroic weapon yet.
Highest weapon Ilvl will generally be the best choice. so like if have 450 dual wield weapons or 463 2h, just go with 2h.
100 Pandaren Monk
10/07/2012 10:21 AMPosted by Mojitos
Highest weapon Ilvl will generally be the best choice. so like if have 450 dual wield weapons or 463 2h, just go with 2h.

This

I plan to sacrifice that 1% to keep a staff anyways. I'm sick of dual wielding, I didn't reroll from a rogue to play another rogue, constantly worrying about getting a second weapon drop. Besides staves just fit the motif better.

They balanced it around the notion that you use what you want to use.
100 Human Monk
Believe it or not, I'm starting to think Blizzard may have actually made a tanking class that can dual wield this time.

I've been trying to find information saying that I shouldn't. That there's some parry or glancing blows or some damn thing over my head that tells me not to dual wield.

I can't find it.

So why not? Grab two swords. Be a bad !@#.
90 Pandaren Monk
According to the math DW pulls ahead of 2H by about 4% in damage. I would go DW at end game and save the 2 handers for the Brewmasters.
90 Pandaren Monk
higher ilevel is generally the better choice because the difference isn't that much, but if it's a choice between equal items DW will always outdps 2H
100 Pandaren Monk
10/07/2012 10:37 AMPosted by Mayliene
higher ilevel is generally the better choice because the difference isn't that much, but if it's a choice between equal items DW will always outdps 2H

Don't throw around terms like "always"

We have a tuning knob for DPS based on weapons that Blizz can easily tweak to bring two handed in line with dual wield.
90 Pandaren Monk
It doesn't matter.

This is wrong, at level 90 Dual wield does 4% more dps.

It is not, within 1%. It's a good amount of difference to make it worth it to get the fists instead of the staff.
90 Troll Monk
Believe it or not, I'm starting to think Blizzard may have actually made a tanking class that can dual wield this time.

I've been trying to find information saying that I shouldn't. That there's some parry or glancing blows or some damn thing over my head that tells me not to dual wield.

I can't find it.

So why not? Grab two swords. Be a bad !@#.

The only reason DK's don't dual-wield tank is because they take a significant blow to DPS.

Brewmasters on the other hand can tank with either or, entirely up to the player. Each actually has pros and cons, too.
90 Pandaren Monk
10/07/2012 08:22 AMPosted by Derim

This is not true. BM is DW. This is for 2 major reasons: Elusive Brew has a lower chance of falling off with DW giving you better EB uptimes and there are significantly more GotO procs with DW. The only advantage 2H has is better base stats. This cannot compare with higher DW.

There will be those who argue "well you get the same number of EB procs over time", but I don't need 3 stacks of EB 2 seconds AFTER my stacks fall off, I need 1-2 stacks before it falls off.
90 Human Monk
10/07/2012 08:27 AMPosted by Savedone

Mistweaver cannot dual wield,

any other experienced monks know?

The margin between 2H and DW is supposed to be marginal. And, for the most part it is. You won't notice an inherent difference until you are endgame with significant gear, at which point DW takes the lead by a small margin.

Currently, DW is better for Brewmasters than 2H.

All that being said, if you are DW blue weapons from heroics or crafted, and have an opportunity to get an epic 2H, the epic 2H will be better until you can get the epic fist weapons.
90 Pandaren Monk
It doesn't matter.

It is not, within 1%. It's a good amount of difference to make it worth it to get the fists instead of the staff.

4% is less than the difference from using a higher ilvl weapon. So the real takeaway is to use the highest ilvl weapon you can find, and then focus on getting DW if possible.

That 502 staff drops, you take it.
90 Pandaren Monk

4% is less than the difference from using a higher ilvl weapon. So the real takeaway is to use the highest ilvl weapon you can find, and then focus on getting DW if possible.

That 502 staff drops, you take it.

This is true of anything, he's asking which is better.

Three items of equal ilvl the DW will be better.
I find that Tiger Strike is up more when dual wielding.
90 Pandaren Monk
I hear that Onyxia uses Deep Breath more this patch
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]