Spirit of Harmony is destroying wow's economy

86 Blood Elf Mage
I have too many ores, bars, leather, scales, cloth but they are useless because to craft anything people need spirit of harmony. Prices of mats in the ah are so low due to the plentiful of mats and no harmony that is not even worth to put up for sale since sometimes even at low prices they don't sell.

They should...
1. Make it bind to account
2. Raise the drop rate
3. Make them available for to buy them with crafting materials. I would be ok trading 40 ores/leather by 1 mote. This at least would make it farmable.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
I agree with point 1 and 2, but the motes are farmable. There's a seed you can plant on your farm with enough rep that grows into motes.
Reply Quote
86 Blood Elf Mage
10/07/2012 08:56 AMPosted by Bamboozles
There's a seed you can plant on your farm with enough rep that grows into motes.

Yes i know, but when ppl get revered/exalted with the tillers the gear we can craft will obsolete already. The craftable gear is 463 which is the same ilvl heroics gives. So whats the point to wait 2-3 weeks you can have in couple days? There is no point, gear wont sell or sell way to cheap.

Mind you the BS gear needs 8 spirits to craft. Playing 2 weeks straight lvling doing dailies and heroics i got about 8. LFR coming now which makes crafting gear even worse.

What i mean is that the time you need to get the motes versus the time you need to get better from other sources doesn't make sense to me. Crafting gear used to be a starter gear, now how can you start if by the time you can buy the patterns and craft them you will have better? In another words, what's the purpose of the crafting professions this expac? Just for the bonus is not even worth to lvl it.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk

Yes i know, but when ppl get revered/exalted with the tillers the gear we can craft will obsolete already.
I am revered with the tillers now?
Reply Quote
86 Blood Elf Mage
10/07/2012 09:29 AMPosted by Ipman
I am revered with the tillers now?

Because you are a special panda
Reply Quote
10/07/2012 09:24 AMPosted by Maleficorum
What i mean is that the time you need to get the motes versus the time you need to get better from other sources doesn't make sense to me. Crafting gear used to be a starter gear, now how can you start if by the time you can buy the patterns and craft them you will have better? In another words, what's the purpose of the crafting professions this expac? Just for the bonus is not even worth to lvl it.

Cataclysm had this same problem. Crafting used to be a way to get starter gear for dungeons, with the high level pieces being equivalent to the first tier of raiding.

Blizz turned it into a supplement for heroics... which kind of makes the transition from questing to dungeons a little harsh.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
[quote]Blizz turned it into a supplement for heroics... which kind of makes the transition from questing to dungeons a little harsh.

No it doesn't. The heroics are Wrath easy again, which makes the transition from questing to dungeons instant. They dropped ilvl reqs for dungeons by five points, which means if you can't queue into heroics in quest gear, you didn't do the quests that award you 450s.

DEing weapons from raids give a special mat instead of just purple shards. These mats are used to create higher ilvl crafted gear, which require spirits of harmony.

Ore is still and will continue to be in massive demand. JCs need more gems than ever. 3 blue quality every day just to learn a random cut of that color. I've prospected thousands of ore and still haven't amassed more than ten blue quality gems of any given color. Transmuting blue gems is expensive (one golden lotus) Trillium is such a pita because of the dual colors that it's easier to just transmute 120 ghost iron into 6 bars into a living steel, which consumes a LOT of ghost iron in the process. Darkmoon cards require a ridiculous amount of ink daily.

There's more mat sinks than ever, and to compensate there's been more mats than ever.
Edited by Zenfu on 10/7/2012 9:49 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
There's a seed you can plant on your farm with enough rep that grows into motes.

Yes i know, but when ppl get revered/exalted with the tillers the gear we can craft will obsolete already. The craftable gear is 463 which is the same ilvl heroics gives. So whats the point to wait 2-3 weeks you can have in couple days? There is no point, gear wont sell or sell way to cheap.

I'll be exalted within the next 2 days at the rate I'm currently gaining rep from the Tillers.

I'm already planting enough motes every day to make a new Spirit of Harmony every day. The craftable epic gear is ilvl 476 and is pretty damn good for just entering raids.
Edited by Vindicare on 10/7/2012 10:10 AM PDT
Reply Quote
5 Gnome Mage
Personally I enjoy the limit to spirit of harmony, imo it makes you play for your gear rather than just purchase it from the AH.

Other the old system, a person could buy gold then rush to the AH to buy the best crafatable gear possible. Also not sure what economy is being destroyed, still high demand for herbs and ore on my server. If anything I hope spirits of harmony stay bop forever, it keeps the guy with 10 alts from dominating the AH and allows more free competition. Everybody can have a farm and grow spirits of harmony once you hit 90, no need for them to ever be BOA.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Warrior
Spirit of Harmony in Pandalands = Chaos Orb in Cataclysm.

Spirit of Harmony you can farm... on your farm.
Spirit of Harmony you can farm while leveling from 85-90 (you'll have 2-3 of them).
Spirit of Harmony you can farm doing all those dailies you'll be doing at level 90.
Spirit of Harmony you can farm while you're running heroic dungeons, even if you don't make it to the last boss and kill him, and completely regardless of your luck on need rolls.

Chaos Orbs were only obtained via Need rolls on bosses at the back end of heroic dungeons, which were, on release, much more difficult than Pandalands heroics are now.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Priest
I agree. I like the Spirit of Harmony idea. I can still turn a decent profit on the AH, and it allows me to buy mats without blowing JP I would otherwise rather spend on Faction-based gear. At the end of the day, the mats, solely, are not bound. So spend your own Harmonies, buy the mats of your choice, and do what you will, I say.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I Don't have the patience or the time to play this game everyday just to craft gear to play in raids I can only run once a week. Increase the drop rate or at least offer Spirit of harmonies as a Need roll for Heroic bosses.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Rogue

For one spirit per day, which admittedly isn't bad.

Spirit of Harmony you can farm while leveling from 85-90 (you'll have 2-3 of them).

This happens one time, possibly more if you level alts. Not a good basis for crafting mats.

Spirit of Harmony you can farm doing all those dailies you'll be doing at level 90.

While this is fair, I get maybe 2-6 motes depending on my RNG through my full cycle of dailies.

Spirit of Harmony you can farm while you're running heroic dungeons, even if you don't make it to the last boss and kill him, and completely regardless of your luck on need rolls.

Low droprate + group loot = maybe 1-2 per run, if you're lucky. Assuming you still need to run heroic dungeons.

In order to get enough Spirits to sell worthwhile craftables, I have to spend hours farming. In order to make the time spent farming worth it, I have to charge way too much. And this is all because I happen to have spare time to farm AND do dailies. Not everybody has this luxury.

OP's point is valid.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I know of a few places in the world where you can farm 4-5 SPIRITS in around an hour. Add in getting 1.6 from your farm alone per toon at revered, and it's not that big of a deal to acquire them.

They really do need to become BoA tho.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
Spirit of Harmony in Pandalands = Chaos Orb in Cataclysm.

Chaos Orbs were only obtained via Need rolls on bosses at the back end of heroic dungeons, which were, on release, much more difficult than Pandalands heroics are now.

In Cataclysm I could get into a heroic with 4 friends and we could get all the Chaos Orbs we needed. I can't do that now.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I know of a few places in the world where you can farm 4-5 SPIRITS in around an hour. Add in getting 1.6 from your farm alone per toon at revered, and it's not that big of a deal to acquire them.

They really do need to become BoA tho.

I thought all those places were hotfixed?
Reply Quote
1 Human Paladin
I have too many ores, bars, leather, scales, cloth but they are useless because to craft anything people need spirit of harmony. Prices of mats in the ah are so low due to the plentiful of mats and no harmony that is not even worth to put up for sale since sometimes even at low prices they don't sell.

They should...
1. Make it bind to account
2. Raise the drop rate
3. Make them available for to buy them with crafting materials. I would be ok trading 40 ores/leather by 1 mote. This at least would make it farmable.

I think is just your server and is not all servers being affected, you saying all this is just some laziness that doesn't have to include much effort on your end. Would you rather have the method that is in place now (where you can go out and farm as much as you can) or rather go back to doing heroics and having a 20% of winning each orbs at the end of the dungeon(which may include many wipes, etc...)?

The system is fine the way it is, not our problem if you refuse to go out and farm them. Let's see the expansion is only been out 13 days and your already crying about it?

Edit: They could increase the drop rate just a bit though..
Edited by Aelar on 10/8/2012 4:51 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
10/08/2012 04:47 PMPosted by Aelar
or rather go back to doing heroics and having a 20% of winning each orbs at the end of the dungeon(which may include many wipes, etc...)?

We were able to run as a pre-made group and pass all the orbs to the crafter in that scenario.
With this system, all the farming rests entirely on the crafter.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Mage
10/07/2012 09:24 AMPosted by Maleficorum

The only 463 items that require spirits of harmony are weapons. The craftable armor that require spirits of harmony are 476.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
Drop rates are fine, go play WoW farmville for more spirits.
Edited by Lokthen on 10/8/2012 5:05 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]