Hunters Overpowered?

(Locked)

100 Dwarf Hunter
Anyone ever notice that when ever a thread gets started about how over powered we are, it's always started by some other class who got their !@# handed to them by a well played hunter? I know it's pretty much the same for all classes but it seems Bliz listens to this BS when it comes to hunters more than any other class. I've been a Wow Hunter since Beta and watched us go from holding our own with every class to get whipped by every class. Things are moving the other direction now so there's bound to be some crappy players on other classes who think they should just be able to take hunters down in a snap everytime. Blizzard, let's not start fixing what isn't broken in Mists.
90 Blood Elf Rogue
10/07/2012 10:24 AMPosted by Cadion
The pets from Stampede IGNORE resilience, that is not supposed to happen. You don't think it's broken because it's fun to kill someone in ONE second. Get over your !@#$ty self and face the facts, it's bugged.

OH SNAP. PWNED.
100 Orc Hunter
Hunters will always bring out mage tears and any light armored dps ^ why there 2 leather wearing ppl in here crying as well.
Edited by Demonicfury on 10/7/2012 10:53 AM PDT
90 Night Elf Hunter
1-1 hunters are extremely strong right now. People have an issue with it. The only thing OP about hunters right now is readiness resetting dps cds. It should be utility only and the damage difference distributed into sustained damage to lower the pvp QQ. Stampede doesnt always ignore resilience, basic attacks sometimes ignore resilience, and lynx rush seems to be the biggest culprit of them all. It should be and hopefully will be fixed very soon.

People aren't use to BM being good. At least i got the people on my server accustomed to losing to it before the MOP patch :) BM since day one. BM for life.
90 Orc Warrior
there is no such thing as a well played BM hunter

a class that plays itself should not be this powerful

at least i actually have to try to kill someone, and they do survive often, i also need to have the gear and a healer with me as well...

i know warriors are on the chopping block, but at least i know arms just needs to be toned down... not needing to completely remove things from the game that never should have gotten out of beta to begin with
100 Night Elf Hunter
@ Cadion and Failrogue. I could be mistaken but is stamped not on a 10 min CD? or did they change that. As for the pets that stamped ignoring PVP resil they also ignore BM Wrath, and all other Hunter procs that effect Pets. If stamped is not working as intended then I'm sure Blizz will fix it, until then One skill does not a class a break, and given the fact that hunters have to be playing at their AAA game compared to everyone elses c game for the last 2 x-packs just to be viable in PVP might explain why both a Rogue and a Druid are complaining.

As for hunter being OP at this time matters little, PvP gear for the new season is not out and most people are not in full Best in slot. So I'll wait to pass judgement until there is more data gathered on this subject.
90 Troll Hunter

As for hunter being OP at this time matters little, PvP gear for the new season is not out and most people are not in full Best in slot. So I'll wait to pass judgement until there is more data gathered on this subject.

Season 12 gear is out already. o.O
90 Night Elf Hunter
[quote="67938202177"]

[/quote

Like second wind? Lol glad you see it that way too. If you had any clue what it means to play a hunter you would know it doesn't play itself. I love these clueless bads that think BM hunters press a macro and the pet does everything. Have no clue that cc'ing the hunter or disarming him destroys his damage output. You sound like most mediocre/lower skilled players that just don't understand game mechanics. I absolutely counter hunters on my ret, as well my warrior.
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Lol all of the hunters crying about not being OP or viable ever are just plain oblivious. I have always played with hunters to a high rating they are anything but viable so much control and their damage is only mitigated by LoS now (cant kick casts or min range them). Also have a crap ton of utility aka sac,tranq, silence shot, conc, ect ect.

For example today I was doing twos (yayaya 2'slol) BM hunter can one shot me on his own, I have full dreadful with like 56 resil rating.... its kinda dumb how your pets will do like 400k dmg almost instantly it needs to be nerfed end of story.

@Lithtyr: the new pvp gear is out and stamped is on 5min cd now which is on par with paladins pet/bubble so dont start complaining about that. Why do hunters also have a strong sefl/off heal, IMO all DPS classes should not have any kind of self healing.

P.S. Hunters are not the only problem that need to be addressed.
Edited by Gaudrik on 10/7/2012 11:22 AM PDT
90 Blood Elf Hunter
I remember once upon a time when we lost one on one to....hmm everyone from resto druids to disc priests getting stunlocked by pallys is fun and let me tell you about when we had this thing called a dead zone. OK granted stampede is fun and op as BM enrage, intimidate is great payback now that we can shoot you in the face and have you come to hunter forums and QQ about it. I wonder how many hunter go onto your and QQ there mostly we just QQ here and suck it up. But thats just me
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Stunlock and pallies??? i think you're thinking of warriors and rogues.

One on one means nothing, the fact that classes/specs like BM hunters Frost mages Shadow priests and Arms warriros can pop a CD and almost one shot anyone on your team is absurd. That is not balance, not when you break your own cc and overlap like crazy and then go like screw cc i can just one shot you gg noobsss.
90 Troll Hunter
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LFk5QZ1F9UM&feature=g-u-u

He sums it up pretty much.
90 Blood Elf Paladin
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LFk5QZ1F9UM&feature=g-u-u

He sums it up pretty much.

Exactly!
90 Human Hunter
If you think hunters are OP your bad. or got matched with a really good hunter. http://www.worldoflogs.com/rankings/players/Mogu'shan_Vaults/dps/
Pve buff is well needed. Sure our arena burst is some times unstoppable but its all comp dependent. If you have a strong hybrid team that can heal each other and survive a hunter comps burst its pretty much GG unless you cant do enough output yourself which means you fail. I have played enough to see that almost any spec works in pvp now but clearly Bm is a bit better then the others not op tho.
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Sooooo you're calling me bad then? I'm sorry but you're living under a rock PVE has nothing to do with PVP come on now 8 years into this game and people still dont understand this.
90 Blood Elf Hunter
My class isn't overpowered please blizz keep buffing it.

Blizz you are the dev you do what you thinks right you have made plenty of good games in the past and continue to do so.
90 Goblin Hunter
Before we start swinging the nerf bat around, hard CC and healing needs desperately to be reduced before you can even think about nerfing individual classes.
90 Goblin Hunter
there is no such thing as a well played BM hunter

at least i actually have to try to kill someone, and they do survive often, i also need to have the gear and a healer with me as well...

i know warriors are on the chopping block, but at least i know arms just needs to be toned down... not needing to completely remove things from the game that never should have gotten out of beta to begin with
pretty sure i saw a warrior crit sum1 for 215k the other day with HEROIC strike. omg so much talent needed to do that... gg
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]