Hunters Overpowered?

(Locked)

90 Orc Hunter
Right now hunter is fun to play for a short while, makes up for how much they sucked in last expansion. Remember no matter what patch there is ALWAYS an OP class out there, and mages still haven't really been nerfed in a while.
100 Night Elf Hunter
Personally I think its funny. I know they will fix it and I will adjust like I always do. Out of all the non hunter classes posting here check this out.

Vanilla - Rogue with no armor on and a grey level 1 daggar could own people and stun lock em to death.

Burning Crusade - Arms Warrior pretty much cut people in half with or without a healer. Arms and Resto druid in 2s dominated.

WoTk - Ret paladin...blowing people up early in the xpac for awhile.

Cataclysm - Watch some pvp vids of feral druids bleeding people to death and being extremely hard to kill with that absorb shield they had.

MoP - Hunter bm pets ignoring resilience and some pet abilities as well.

My point is , this happens to some class(es) every xpac. Why so serious? You KNOW they will fix it...Let people have fun while it lasts. Im not just saying this because im one, but when a hunter gets a nerf they usually swing the nerf bat harder. The only other class I can think of that gets it in the bum worse sometimes would be arms warrior.
Edited by Raygar on 10/7/2012 12:46 PM PDT
90 Night Elf Hunter
all the QQ my gosh.warriors and mages are op. healers are all op
just nerf the whole system

wah wah wah awah wah
90 Tauren Hunter
I'm a pretty poor bm hunter, me and my Mage friend basically go into arena and my pets do 800k damage in about 10seconds it is fairly dumb (but it does make getting conq gear easier). Mage sheeps, I blow cds, free win. I normally do 4-5 times the damage of my friend by mashing cooldowns and basically sitting there.

Pvp in general seems dumb atm though.
100 Orc Warrior
It's common knowledge that stampede is OP at the moment. I don't see how skill comes into it: you use your DPS CDs, use stampede, and then the animals run around doing absurd amounts of damage. When you combine this amount of DPS with deterrence you have a broken game mechanic.
90 Troll Hunter
While it is fun to be completely ridiculous at the moment, I would love to see hunters revamped. Good hunters only play BM because it is the logical choice in its current state, but to be honest BM is extremely easy to play. It is important to remember that you should not just flat out nerf BM because it is currently the only viable hunter spec. What I suggest to Blizzard:

1. Nerf BM burst, but at the same time give BM higher sustained damage
    2. Buff the other two specs so they have viable damage output

If they find a way to implement these changes they can give the boost hunters need in PvE and fix the crazy OP burst in PvP without breaking the class.
90 Night Elf Hunter
10/07/2012 01:06 PMPosted by Eponine
I'm all for fun, but I'm not for the hordes of double BM or BM-KFC comps climbing the ladders and getting ratings that don't deserve. It needs to be fixed before it's too late.

Alright, who's been holding out on me? I looked all thru my spell book and couldn't find the ability that let's us sit down and eat chicken while our pets kill someone.
Edited by Zouka on 10/7/2012 6:58 PM PDT
90 Blood Elf Paladin
its not stupid qq, what is stupid is that almost every team on the ladder is KFC..... i mean come on.

Hunters have always been good! sooooooo much stupid INSTANT CC + warr cc + whatever the healer cc's with do you know how hard it is to juke all that when majority of it is all instant cast? ALSO while that is happening you have like 10 pets that IGNORE RESIL beating on your kill target along with the warr. this game is just so broken idk why i even bought MoP bc i knew it would be like this lol.

I played with a hunter a lil bit today, some games we won so fast i didnt even get to do anything and it was not fun. This might be rare but I actually like to participate in games.

Nerf ALL CC and remove some, there are far to many around.
Fix the coefficients for resil and classes ability to do DMG!

I am not attacking your class so don't get defensive please, I'm just attacking the stupid state of arena atm where its clearly unbalanced (more so than usual).
90 Blood Elf Hunter
there is no such thing as a well played BM hunter

a class that plays itself should not be this powerful

at least i actually have to try to kill someone, and they do survive often, i also need to have the gear and a healer with me as well...

i know warriors are on the chopping block, but at least i know arms just needs to be toned down... not needing to completely remove things from the game that never should have gotten out of beta to begin with

You have to try to kill someone? Pop burst, charge, heroic strike, mortal strike, execute.
BM is Pop burst, pet attack, kill command, Lynx rush, Kill command, arcane shot, kill command, kill shot.

At least we put more effort in then you.
90 Blood Elf Hunter
stoped at "hunters overpowered" i could not stop laughing im still giggling we're the worst dps class in the game... HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH *wipes tears from eyes* underpowered is more like it...

show me in pve in any report that were top 3 on bosses other then feng...
Edited by Briteyes on 10/7/2012 8:13 PM PDT
90 Orc Hunter
stoped at "hunters overpowered" i could not stop laughing im still giggling we're the worst dps class in the game... HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH *wipes tears from eyes* underpowered is more like it...

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/ism72oljrwwcyr49/sum/damageDone/?s=8720&e=9311
:|
1 Human Warrior
Isn't it funny that almost alll the hunter's defending how imbalanced their class, are the ones with little to no pvp experience, and have never even broke 1500?
90 Orc Hunter
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/Kelthuzad/Granmama/advanced
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/Kelthuzad/Humankeg/advanced

Hi

I'm also not defending BM just don't like people trying to post on level 1's. It needs some adjustments atm.
90 Pandaren Mage
LOL..Hunters crying mage tears, you'll be crying alot more when the nerf bat hits your butts in a couple weeks...Us mages are alot smarter, we lay low and not abuse our OPness
90 Dwarf Hunter
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LFk5QZ1F9UM&feature=g-u-u

He sums it up pretty much.

Wow, yeah that pretty much sums it up.

10/07/2012 08:33 PMPosted by Bugaloou
Us mages are alot smarter, we lay low and not abuse our OPness

Also this sentence almost made me fall out of my chair laughing
Edited by Goranne on 10/7/2012 8:35 PM PDT
90 Blood Elf Hunter

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/ism72oljrwwcyr49/sum/damageDone/?s=8720&e=9311
:|
the whole argument is that BEAST MASTER is over powered so surv is irreleivant in 98% of the discusions of hunters being overpowered

tho i love seeing hunters iin top 3 on charts. also guild charts means nothing. i meant national kinda thing
Edited by Briteyes on 10/7/2012 8:49 PM PDT
100 Night Elf Hunter
10/07/2012 01:06 PMPosted by Eponine
Let people have fun while it lasts.

I'm all for fun, but I'm not for the hordes of double BM or BM-KFC comps climbing the ladders and getting ratings that don't deserve. It needs to be fixed before it's too late.

Im saying that happened every Arena season start too. People took "advantage" of the flawed system. Im sure they would love to be able to fix it overnight but it just doesnt work that way and we have to wait.
The fact that other classes are overpowered and broken does not change the fact that the hunter class is overpowered and broken.
The fact that other classes are overpowered and broken does not change the fact that the hunter class is overpowered and broken.

• The fact that other classes are overpowered and broken does not change the fact that the hunter class is overpowered and broken.
  • The fact that other classes are overpowered and broken does not change the fact that the hunter class is overpowered and broken.
    This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
    Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]