Is this downtime the result of the hackers?

90 Pandaren Priest
First of all, what happened wasn't "Hacking" a couple of nerdy german dudes EXPLOITED a weakness on a few servers. That's not hacking.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
10/07/2012 12:10 PMPosted by Eolwÿnd
Have you considered that Video Footage is simply a Private Server? Lol

Look around on other forums or on MMO, this is real, some people writing about it really lived (or died) it.

Fortunately by default screen shots include your account ID and realm IP. you just have to look around the web for those captured by the WoW client itself.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
10/07/2012 12:09 PMPosted by Solaru
[quote="67940002307"]Everyone request a sticky and let Blizz know you want a BLUE POST very, very soon.

Thay have already posted 3 of them...or are you incapable of finding them?

Referring to a Blue in response to the recent hacking and whatnot. Start reading. Start thinking. Stop Trolling. Or please leave.
Reply Quote
7 Worgen Warrior
http://i.epvpimg.com/Cjmlb.jpg

screenshot by master674 on ownedcore not private server, read my posts
Reply Quote
just ban all germans
Reply Quote
20 Worgen Priest
10/07/2012 11:55 AMPosted by Aloneforever
Perhaps the hackers are hacking blizzard itself, i've seen people's posts on D3 having problems as well.

D3 is nothing but problems....

This silence is not encouraging in the least. We had this morning's hack and now the login servers mysteriously. I woudn't take any chances, I would call my credit card company.

As usual in situations such as this, Blizzard has its head up its butt.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Maybe while they're hacking the game, they can balance the classes. They might do a better job than GC and co. lol
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I like chickens.... Sorry, way to serious on here :)
Reply Quote
10/07/2012 12:10 PMPosted by Rancìd
Its multiple videos, some with US wow servers, and on multiple creditable websites.

It is not evidence of a hack. It might be a bug/exploit. There is a big difference between the 2 and only Blizz knows what happened.

Since the Blue post about the insident had a ":)" in it, I'm less inclined to think they would be all smiles over a hack.

Edit:
10/07/2012 12:11 PMPosted by Rancìd
Referring to a Blue in response to the recent hacking and whatnot.

You mean this one this morning?
Thank you for the information. We are aware of this issue and are are working to resolve it as soon as possible. :)

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6794031379#16
Edited by Solaru on 10/7/2012 12:20 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Mage
Seems hackers filmed it :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VLhOb4NjWEs

I can't believe the guy made a video of it and posted it. Nice to see his other videos too. Seems like he is just constantly up to no good.

He may has caused havoc but I highly doubt he will get away with it with all the trails he left.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Shame I used all my tinfoil on those baked potatoes last night.
Reply Quote
87 Human Paladin
10/07/2012 12:11 PMPosted by Rancìd
[quote="67940002307"]Everyone request a sticky and let Blizz know you want a BLUE POST very, very soon.

Thay have already posted 3 of them...or are you incapable of finding them?

Referring to a Blue in response to the recent hacking and whatnot. Start reading. Start thinking. Stop Trolling. Or please leave.

Seems we are incapable, please enlighten us.

Only blue post i see are the ones about the connection issues
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
I think the fact that this is so publicized is rather moronic. The more spew being vomitted, the more likely it is these idiots will be caught and when they do, they can ask themselves, was it still worth it?
Reply Quote
What are they gonna do ban his account for killing tons of people with a coding problem they created lol they wouldnt have a case it was bad coding
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
GREAT NEWS!!!!

I am connecting.......................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
10/07/2012 12:15 PMPosted by Utroi
What are they gonna do ban his account for killing tons of people with a coding problem they created lol they wouldnt have a case it was bad coding

More likely executing protected LUA routines on an account they didn't care about.

The hope is that the person is prosecuted.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
http://www.ownedcore.com/forums/world-of-warcraft/world-of-warcraft-bots-programs/wow-memory-editing/198650-screenshot-thread-94.html

about 3/4 of the way down the page that is why this thread was made
Reply Quote
put your password in wrong it will not connect then lol
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
We all deserve cloud serpents.
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
It's just people who get a kick out of exploiting using third party programs to grief people. THere was no hacking involved unless the account(s) they were using happened to be hacked.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]