monks?!

90 Troll Druid
What's your take on them?
Where they a pain to level?
How do they rank in your opinion to the other classes (At tank roll etc)
Panda favorite race?
KUNG FU POWER
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Monk
1 - I enjoy them
2 - no not really. Brewmaster was very fast for me up until 85, because all I do is aoe pull quest mobs
3 - Tanking: They take more damage but they have nice self heals
DPS: I see alot of qq on this subject, I don't get out dps'd in heroics...ever...and that's without including my touch of death meter padding.
Heals: PVE wise heals are looking good, PVP wise heals are looking fantastic
4 - Currently human because blizz decided to loljk their whole "we don't like faction specific rewards" and we have to do so much rep grinding, will be race changing to panda when I feel it necessary to do so
5 - yes.
Reply Quote
14 Orc Hunter
Indisputably the worst PvP class in the game.
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Monk
WINDWALKER sucks the big one in pvp. Mistweaver? noooooopers. It was funny, I know heals are OP at the moment but before servers went offline, my 2's partner logged out mid-battle to go sleep so for the lulz i spent 15 mins jumping around healing myself vs a demo and resto druid ----- 20 stacks of mana tea and full mana after 15 mins -----

Then the servers went offline :)
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Monk
I love my monk, he's my new main. I've had no interest in leveling my other characters.

Not at all, with all the exp boosts given with heirlooms, enlightenment and guild perks you're sittin' at 100% exp boost.

When played right they're fantastic at their roll. A lot of the QQ I see are probably from people that RaF'd their way to 80 and didn't learn their class as well as someone who leveled the old fashioned way. It's not a face-roller class.

Draenei has always been my favorite, and I don't see many male Draenei monks, and I play on an RP server so I have story-telling reasons as to why he's the race he is.

All day e'ery day.
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Monk
10/07/2012 11:46 AMPosted by Tizzick

Loving them so far. The 'different' feel of the class for DPS is making me actually enjoy playing a DPS class again.

Heirlooms, enlightenment, etc. make it very quick. Otherwise... same as any class.

Extremely fun as DPS. Haven't tried tank yet but probably will at 90

Panda favorite race?

Pandaren is the one race I always wanted to play in WoW. Plus monk = win win for me :D

KUNG FU POWER

not sure what to say to that ... but o.k....
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
Tell me about this enlightment thing?
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Monk
10/07/2012 02:09 PMPosted by Tizzick
Tell me about this enlightment thing?

Every 10 levels you get a quest to go see a monk trainer who gives you a reward for beating another trainer (belt up to level 70 and a weapon at 80). Then it's also available as a daily and gives you an XP boost for an hour. So you get it every 10 levels + once per day.
Reply Quote
59 Pandaren Monk
Found mine clunky up until about 46, their moves are pretty cool but I haven't seen any "big" number hits although their dps overall seems fine.

I would of liked to try tanking but I can't be bothered since queues have been pretty good and I dont have a boa staff.

Healing scared me a bit, it's unique
Reply Quote
Panda favorite race?
KUNG FU POWER

1. I enjoy monk its fun and different.
2. 1-90 in 4 days 6 hours. I tanked to 85 then ww ever since.
3. I only have problems with hunters/warriors/mages.
4. I have always loved the undead race with human in close second.
5. Hmm I dk tank I'm not sure how I feel about brewmaster yet and I've never healed as a monk.
Edited by Riej on 10/7/2012 4:14 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
10/07/2012 12:01 PMPosted by Slopfu
3 - Tanking: They take more damage but they have nice self heals

Only if they don't know wtf they are doing.
Reply Quote
100 Human Monk
• What's your take on them?
so far my favorite class in the game and my main

• Where they a pain to level?
nope, they were really fun

•How do they rank in your opinion to the other classes (At tank roll etc)
as a pve ww, i'd say i'm always at/near top damage.

• Panda favorite race?
of course.

• KUNG FU POWER
yes.
Reply Quote
74 Orc Rogue
I really enjoy my Monk, I leveled strictly as a Brewmaster tanking dungeons almost exclusively (there was that period where you get BRD over and over that I just quested through, because BRD runs can suck a fat one).

I've leveled every class to 85 excluding the warrior (he's 80), and the rogue (74). Monks were faster than anything I've done before, possibly because they made it easier with MoP, and partly because of the Enlightenment buff.

As a tank, I've found my control to be above and beyond what I experienced tanking as a warrior, DK, and bear druid. Monk tanks seem to take more damage if not played right, and require extensive attention paid to many different things. I suppose you'll often find bad Brewmasters who are not paying attention to what they should be paying attention to, and then you have a slightly beefy rogue taking sharp knives up the whazzoo. My friend (who leveled his Monk with my Monk as a Mistweaver/Windwalker) has shown that wind walkers are a bad practical joke in PvP. If you made a class with literally almost no way to stay alive VS other classes in PvP, you've created the windwalker. As a brewmaster, I've found that its nearly impossible for me to die to someone at-level/like-geared, but also nearly impossible to kill them if they're good because of the lack of damage. In PvP I've found my utility as a brewmaster excellent though, just don't go in thinking you'll be doing damage.

I'd say my favorite race for anything is a female dwarf. However my monk is a panda, because it's the only race I haven't played to max level, and well... why not.

Edit: I wrote "PvE" in quite a few places I meant to write "PvP".
Edited by Noteblock on 10/7/2012 5:16 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
Panda favorite race?
KUNG FU POWER

I like Monks, WW is fairly boring though, I hate tanking and MW is a lot of fun.

I found leveling to be extremely difficult (85-90). If I pull more than one mob I have no way of hitting more than one mob at a time outside of SCK which can't be used to reliably kill stuff before they kill you so I had trouble with a lot of quests. Compared with my Mage and Hunter who I have started leveling. I regularly pull 4-5 mobs and AoE them down no problem. My Hunter hit 86 in about half the time of my Monk because of that. Basically, Monks are terrible at solo PVE.

Never tried tanking, never will so I can't compare that but MW is very very good. Their healing capabilities and mana efficiency make them very good. WW is terrible.

I hate Pandaren. They should have been more muscular than fat. And they tell me to "Slow down!" so often that I want to punch them in the face and run really fast like a crazy person around them as they try and get their fat bodies off the ground. BAHAHAHAHAHAMUAHAHAHAHAHAA!! Yep.
Edited by Moine on 10/7/2012 6:22 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Monk
some may not love to be Tuaren, BUT I DO! lol.

i had a lot of fun leveling him, he is my new main

I am a windwalker and i do have some issues, though i have seen that the more gear i get the better it has become. just starting to survive stunlocks and i pray they will make touch of karma require no chi and usable while Stunned!

/crossfingers
Reply Quote
I love mine to death, they handle very well. I have only PvP'd as MW, so its pretty good there.

Absolutely not, as everyone else has said, with enlightenment and boas, this was easy as pie. Only thing that made it a bit more difficult was it seemed people singled the monks out to specifically gank just cuz.

I've tanked since i first hit 90(leveled WW just cause it was easier) and I can say that I have had zero issues with tanking. Shuffle + parry/haste stacking = easy threat and great survival.

Eh, I had to go Dwarf. I didn't want to get stuck in the panda starting area fighting for quest mobs, so I made the only other race that made sense for a brewmaster!

KUNG FU POWER!!!!
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Found mine clunky up until about 46, their moves are pretty cool but I haven't seen any "big" number hits although their dps overall seems fine.

I would of liked to try tanking but I can't be bothered since queues have been pretty good and I dont have a boa staff.

Healing scared me a bit, it's unique

If you play windwalker, you're in for a nice surprise once you get Rising Sun Kick.
Reply Quote
59 Pandaren Monk
10/07/2012 11:46 AMPosted by Tizzick

Enjoyable. It's kinda hard to find a light-melee class that doesn't rely on stealth. Even if I prefer Brewmaster. Plus, I get to smash things with kegs of ale and belch fire at them. What more could I want for entertainment?

Nope. Guard is a god-send for leveling. Being able to self-bubble in a big fight and continue to lay down the pain is awesome. Plus, after level 20, you can do a daily quest to get a 50% experience boost that last.. what... 2 hours? If you want to, of course.

Tanking: They're very active. You're pushing buttons for mitigation. And their stagger mechanic is interesting, unless you like to bandage up after a fight, can be a pain in the !@#$.
Damage: Haven't played Windwalker spec yet, but there seems to be a need to balance Chi building and Chi spending, which is tied to your Energy Bar as well. So kinda spiky, rather than well spread out.
Healing: I don't think they have quite the right niche for them right now, especially with the whole "punch to heal others" thing. We'll see how this turns out as the expansion grows.
Panda favorite race?

Look at my avatar. Enough said, right? Though seriously, they're the only high-modeled race that has a monk right now, they were built around the animations. We'll see how this is once the new character models come out.
KUNG FU POWER

HADOUKEN!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]