Warrior Raid Utility

90 Blood Elf Paladin
I started off MoP leveling my warrior. I have been playing a pally pretty much since BC and had decided it was time for a change. However upon changing to a warrior particularly a fury warrior i find that i have almost no raid utility. I mean sure they added the banners, however they only last 10 seconds and have a while CD. Pretty much all i can do is debuff the 12% armor from sunder and the 4% extra melee damage. Also theres the healing debuff from arms spec,and 10% AP buff/stam buff.

As a ret pally i have those clutch WoG's in-case someone falls low in the raid, i have a bubble for my own survival or to save someone else in the raid, I also have LoH that's another clutch heal, i have my 3 hands that have their uses, a raid wide silence immunity, and i have the 4% damage debuff like warriors, and a 1 minute CC.

Really, the only thing i cant do is the 12% armor debuff and the 2 buff which pallys have their own 2.

All in all i think warrior raid utility is lacking quite a bit. Unless im missing something im pretty disappointed. Sure most people play DPS to just DPS, but the ability to throw out clutch heals and what not just brings so much more to the table. I like being able to bring more then just DPS to my raids.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
Rallying Cry, Skull Banner, Aoe taunt banner, aoe stuns, Aoe Roots/Snares, Intervene/safeguard, Stam/10% ap, Sunder Armor, 4% physical

Is that not enough to bring to a raid? Warriors do plenty for a raid already, you aren't a healer as a warrior, and the amount of things you can do compared to say, a rogue or a monk is light-years ahead of them.
Reply Quote
1 Blood Elf Rogue
Skull banner is one of the only unique DPS boosters in the entire game right now. You get sunder, stam, and vulnerability on top of that too.

Don't see the problem.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Warrior
10/07/2012 05:19 PMPosted by Callmemaeby
Aoe taunt banner,

I do think that warrior raid utility is fine, but I really can't see using any banner other than skull as being a good decision.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Warrior
Don't

10/07/2012 06:01 PMPosted by Obzen
Aoe taunt banner,

I do think that warrior raid utility is fine, but I really can't see using any banner other than skull as being a good decision.

Their CD's are independant of each other, but you can only have one down at a time.

Ie, you can use skull banner, and when it's done use a different banner.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Warrior
Rallying Cry, Skull Banner, Aoe taunt banner, aoe stuns, Aoe Roots/Snares, Intervene/safeguard, Stam/10% ap, Sunder Armor, 4% physical

Is that not enough to bring to a raid? Warriors do plenty for a raid already, you aren't a healer as a warrior, and the amount of things you can do compared to say, a rogue or a monk is light-years ahead of them.

In addition to grux's post, most of these features are mutually exclusive with another feature or two due to being talented in the same tier (aoe stuns for example), or by shared CD/duration lockouts. Others are more easily applied by other classes (sunders vs faerie fire), or are not true raid CD's (intervene/safeguard/vigilance) because they only affect 1 target and simply shift damage to the warrior instead of the intended target (it still needs to be healed).

But that being said, warriors do have the most of the completely unique (non-homoginized) raid utillities left in the game - rally, skull banner, shattering throw, and mass spell reflection (which for the life of me, I can't figure out where its useful, if at all - it certainly didnt work on any of the raid bosses my guild has tried thus far). Our raid utillity is certainly existant, just not spectacular.
Edited by Necronom on 10/7/2012 8:19 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warrior
10/07/2012 06:01 PMPosted by Obzen
Aoe taunt banner,

You don't see any reason to use the Demoralizing banner? I'm not sure whether it's still true but in beta the banners effects stacked.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Warrior
Their CD's are independant of each other, but you can only have one down at a time.

Ie, you can use skull banner, and when it's done use a different banner.

Oh, wow, I didn't realize that. I thought they shared a cooldown.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Warrior
10/07/2012 08:18 PMPosted by Necronom
mass spell reflection (which for the life of me, I can't figure out where its useful, if at all - it certainly didnt work on any of the raid bosses my guild has tried thus far).

I use it to have two spell reflects.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Warrior
10/07/2012 10:53 PMPosted by Bloodletters

You don't see any reason to use the Demoralizing banner? I'm not sure whether it's still true but in beta the banners effects stacked.

You can't have them out at the same time (without using multiple warriors) but their CD's aren't linked.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]