A Terenas Guild Story (aka Nostalgia thread)

90 Blood Elf Priest
Hi,

This server is not densely populated, so I happen to know many of the people on server. After getting to know some of the people who have been on server since Vanilla and BC, the servers history keeps popping up in nostalgia fashion.

This post is to ask and clear up the questions about , What guild is the oldest active guild, The largest, and the most populated guild on Terenas. It would also be awesome if you post about your favorite memories on Terenas.

Think of this as a wow census. Go in game and type /guildinfo, all one word, and start your post with your guilds information in this format (Guild Name - Creation Date - Total Players - Total Accounts)

I'm in Gnome Ravagers (GR), so mine would be (Gnome Ravagers - 5-12-2005 - 876 players - 250 accounts) .

Twilights Void has been around for a long time (TV) . So has Keepers of the Dusk (KotD) and Gnome Ravagers (GR). So please only post active guilds and not guilds that are collecting dust on someones bank alts. Thanks! :)
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
Obviously the same information, being from the same guild. This will be an interesting thread if more people will respond! Let's hear it, TV/Keepers/Disavowed etc!
Reply Quote
100 Troll Mage
Dire Legion:
Created 9-22-2005. 259 players, 72 accounts.

Dire Legion was formed out of a merger between the guilds <The Steel Legion> (Agnos, Gorthag and Darthplagus) and <Dire Muffins> (Ishmilu, Camus and Raug). And to think, we could have been <Steel Muffins>!
Edited by Shawnie on 10/8/2012 11:31 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
Opera non Verba
Created 11-26-2004, 682 players, 272 accounts.

Although I'm in OnV, that's only been true for a year or so. It is one of the guilds I remember most from vanilla, though, when I last seriously played Alliance. It was home to some awesome people then, and that's still true!

I've been in some fun guilds over the years... Olds Schools Finest was my introduction to guild raiding, Healing Sausage was my introduction to guild pvp (although, Display The Mask Errep was better!), and Touch of Chaos was my first Horde guild.

Props to Ascensum, Horadrim, Vanquish, Vision, Rainbow Unicorns (Scaaaaaaarred) and the Justice League for being other Alliance homes over the years.

Horde-wise, I've also been in The Flying V, Assertive Discipline and Soliloquy.

I've also played a lot on Oceanic servers, but I always come back to Terenas... the guilds here are full of wonderful people (most of whom aren't annoying as hell 14 year old Australian boys).
Reply Quote
Just annoying Visers
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Good post! Terenas was my first home and I am still very partial too it. Made a lot of friends( and enemies) but I really enjoyed my time here.

My fondest memories would have to be the tier 5/6 days of TMY, had so much fun back in those days. Terenas has so many great personalities and I was blessed to have played with and bump heads with a lot of you. Team Cupcake, RoF, Rbp guys ect. Even the bad times were good times in retro spec.

If a legit 25m HM guild were to pop back up on Terenas I would be hard pressed to not come crawling back. Especially if it was Alliance.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
Ahh Terenas..... It used to be a huge server with tons of great guilds. The server never really recovered from AQ40. The mass exodus of guilds like Thrall's Champions, Eternal Keggers, Revelation, Stehlen Life, and Vision killed the population.

Of the old raiding guilds none are really there anymore. SL and EK came back to Terenas, but they have never gotten back to what they once were.

LOL Jameson definitely is involved in some of my favorite memories of Terenas. Listening to him and Bacura during raids was great. I spent almost all of my time on Terenas in either Acensum and Team Cupcake and had a blast. From Acensum After Dark to Drunken raid days in TCC Terenas holds a lot of memories.

We moved TCC to Bloodscalp Jameson and changed the name. We are horde now and I think the only people you would recognize are Smellikeish and Silvaraa. This is Shocktart (Bob) btw. Make a toon over here or I will on KJ to throw you my real id.
Reply Quote
Ahh Terenas..... It used to be a huge server with tons of great guilds. The server never really recovered from AQ40. The mass exodus of guilds like Thrall's Champions, Eternal Keggers, Revelation, Stehlen Life, and Vision killed the population.

Of the old raiding guilds none are really there anymore. SL and EK came back to Terenas, but they have never gotten back to what they once were.

LOL Jameson definitely is involved in some of my favorite memories of Terenas. Listening to him and Bacura during raids was great. I spent almost all of my time on Terenas in either Acensum and Team Cupcake and had a blast. From Acensum After Dark to Drunken raid days in TCC Terenas holds a lot of memories.

We moved TCC to Bloodscalp Jameson and changed the name. We are horde now and I think the only people you would recognize are Smellikeish and Silvaraa. This is Shocktart (Bob) btw. Make a toon over here or I will on KJ to throw you my real id.

Come on, Bob, AQ40 didn't kill the guilds (even though some DBs raided over easter for a first Twin Emps kill only to let another stellar guild with members with lots of chest hair and muscles beat C'Thun first). LAG killed the guilds. EK and BoV went to norgannon. The other big names back in the day transferred to other places. Trying to progress in Naxx when your instant casts were taking 6-10 seconds to go off was difficult at best.

As far as TCC raiding, it's hard not to enjoy yourself killing pixels with a constant running perverted commentary from des.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Druid
One fine day with a woof and a purr
a baby was born and it cause a little stir
no blue bug
no three-eyed frog
just a feline canine little catdog

catdog
catdog
alone in the world was a little catdog

out on the road or back in town
all the little critters put catdog down
trying to be brothers
trying to get along
trying to walk together
trying to sing this song

catdog
catdog

catdog
catdog

Thus was Eternal Keggers born, when Cakemix and Christy drank too much mead and made sweet sweet love under the AH bridge. The resulting abomination spawned from this union crawled a slimy path through Vanilla, tainting all it touched with exploited kills and cakesplosions.

Then this hairy chested dude called Yagmi joined, and things just turned homoerotic.

Seriously, the old EKrogue channel was worse than a !@#$%^ and crystal -*!@ fueled romp through a gay biker bar.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Oh Kegg, you were way too good for that guild. Never could understand why in the hell you were there. Bacura and I tanking was such a joyous experience for all involved since we got along so well.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
OMG KITTENS MEW MEW MEW GREATEST GUILD EVER.

Too bad Vyla doesn't love me anymore. It hurts me to the core.

It's fine. I'll just cuddle with Viser instead.
Reply Quote
1 Orc Warrior
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/7384018471

Webin is bad
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Mage
Shut up Paul
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
Lest we forget Short Bus and the Black Assassins...
Good times in old AV :D
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Warrior
I've played on Terenas from the very beginning, I remember very few names and I see alot of the old guilds have died.

Crypt Lords, anyone?

My original character was named Deathoath
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin

Come on, Bob, AQ40 didn't kill the guilds (even though some DBs raided over easter for a first Twin Emps kill only to let another stellar guild with members with lots of chest hair and muscles beat C'Thun first). LAG killed the guilds. EK and BoV went to norgannon. The other big names back in the day transferred to other places. Trying to progress in Naxx when your instant casts were taking 6-10 seconds to go off was difficult at best.

As far as TCC raiding, it's hard not to enjoy yourself killing pixels with a constant running perverted commentary from des.

Poor Des ... can't seem to get him back in game. We're all still around, just in various places 'n such. In quite a few instances, new mains too.

Me retire the pally, more or less. Who would have thunk it. :D
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Priest
Gladius de Deus has been around for a number of years now.We are a family friendly lvl 25 25 M raiding guild.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
Terenas was once great, a very social server, but with that you also get more drama.
Never seen any other server with so much drama, it almost makes you want to go back and sit and watch with a bag of popcorn (or some crap like tofu chips for the health-conscious eco-bio-carbon-footprint conscientious conscious players).

It was no longer fun to keep sabotaging raids, dungeon runs, or obliterating and griefing all the lowbie areas. "Oh no, here comes that Nerverarine guy again to kills us. Let's go ahead and toggle pvp now so he can wipe us out." Was this Death Race 2000 and they were just eager fans hoping to be ganked?

What better way to enjoy (for myself) the griefing and ganking, than to traverse to a different, quiet, drama-less, mellow server, filled with bright rainbows and gumdrops.

It was clear that after my magnificent, epic journey from Terenas that others perceived this, and with great contemplation and fateful deliberation, moved forth in the fading footsteps I left behind me.

A handful of hopeful, yet diminutive, cadre remained behind amongst various, numerous self-besmirched and sullen lingering denizens. After many years, their noble hope for triumphant days is relegated to the reality of a consistent, endless procession of "remember the old days" threads. How trite.
Edited by Nerevarine on 11/12/2013 10:10 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Hunter
Haven't checked on this thread in awhile lol. Yag i still have a screen shot on a old hard drive of me pushing you in a wheelbarrow in SSC. Same HD has one of me(on shocktart), you, tema, webin, and encross doing 5's in like season 2.

You are right I was refering to the lag in AQ40.

The drama that used to exist in-game and the forums was part of what made Terenas great thou.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
First time I've checked the forums in years.

Seems like a good time to respond to a Nostalgia thread with the impending realm connection coming soon which will mark the first big migration for Terenas since the Lag Exodus of '06.

I've played off and on for nearly 9 years and have been in several guilds on Terenas: Damians Legion, Sinister Carnage, Warlords Reborn, Thralls Champions, Theatre of Pain.

But I have spent by far the most time in Keepers of the Dusk so that is primarily what I will cover.

Keepers of the Dusk was founded 1-18-2005 and has been active ever since.

Though like a lot of guilds it saw a period of declining membership from the end of Wrath through Cata and the beginning of MoP.

Keepers raiding roots began in a sort of SGA type system that they ran in ZG and later AQ 20, MC, and BWL. During that time one of Keepers primary partners was Lurkers.

Lurkers was also coincidentally founded 1-18-2005 and like Keepers was also experiencing a period of declining membership.

In MoP the two guilds rekindled their old relationship to revitalize their members. Though it was a sad decision the members of Lurkers merged with Keepers of the Dusk in May '13.

With the influx of Lurkers, Keepers of the Dusk is still going strong 9 years after it's founding.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]