Nerf challenge modes

90 Goblin Rogue
This is the same retard who was complaining about MoP from the start and the flags from the kor'kron annihilator mounts..... Look at his post history he is nothing but a waste of time. Immolatus the 1st thing you did wrong was hit enter when you made that pos warlock. Good day sir!
Reply Quote
88 Human Death Knight
Doesn't even get bronze yet claims ready to get gold

Ok lets see you get gold from a random trade pug idiot.

You know, I think I've found the real reason you can't find anyone to dedicate themselves to running Challenge Mode Dungeons with you enough to get good times on them.

Have you ever considered the possibility that the problem is you and your obviously crappy attitude?
Edited by Deatherknite on 10/7/2012 9:46 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Shaman
Please blizz just make it so you get the transmog armor for completing all of them instead of having to get all gold medals. (which is impossible atm cause everyone sucks and can't even get bronze, heck just finding a group or guild for them is impossible.)

There's nothing in games I hate more than time limits, reason I hated pikmin and majora's mask.

Not only that but the times for gold are ridiculous.

Leave the gold, silver, bronze thing for those who want to have the best records and let us casuals actually have a chance at getting the gear.

Um isn't the point of challenge modes, so the more hardcore players have something to do, and us more casual players gear up in heroics and LFR and normal raids?
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
Can't find a single person who agrees with you. Why don't give up?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
asking for nerfs to challenge mode because you want easy transmog sets. selfish.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Shaman
OP, just realized we're in the same guild. When I am ready, I will DEFINITELY be interested in Challenge mode runs. As an enhance shammy, I'll have Stormlash totem, lust, a 5 second aoe stun on a 1 min cd, crazy awesome off-heals, crazy awesome burst, interrupts, grounding totem, and Hex.

I WILL have those totem-pole shoulders for this dude! Once I get them, I will have "beaten" the game.
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
Please blizz just make it so you get the transmog armor for completing all of them instead of having to get all gold medals. (which is impossible atm cause everyone sucks and can't even get bronze, heck just finding a group or guild for them is impossible.)

There's nothing in games I hate more than time limits, reason I hated pikmin and majora's mask.

Not only that but the times for gold are ridiculous.

Leave the gold, silver, bronze thing for those who want to have the best records and let us casuals actually have a chance at getting the gear.

Challenge Modes are a little slice of content for the hardcore gamers. Let them have it. Don't nerf them, ever.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Mage
Hi, Immolatus. Non hardcore player here. As you can see, I'm not even 90 yet.

Challenge modes are for the hardcore. We have -more- than enough content to go around, and this one is theirs. So...no. No nerfs to challenge modes.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
Ya know when you think about it. After the first gear patch and better gear comes out...or heck, when LFR comes out. It will be a lot easier to down the challenge mode content faster. I'd wager by the first raid content patch it will be significantly easier.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Mage
10/07/2012 10:32 PMPosted by Passivefist
Ya know when you think about it. After the first gear patch and better gear comes out...or heck, when LFR comes out. It will be a lot easier to down the challenge mode content faster. I'd wager by the first raid content patch it will be significantly easier.

Gear is normalized. It doesn't matter if you're wearing T156, it's still ilevel (whatever, like 463 or something).
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
Challenge Modes sets are the PvE equivalent of Gladiator Drakes, do you see every Arena team flying around on them? No. Get better or stop whinging.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
10/07/2012 10:32 PMPosted by Passivefist

Challenge modes use their new technology that downgrades all high lvl gear to a fixed level (463, I think), meaning that even if people were doing them in 550-something gear, they would still be challenging because of gear downscaling. They also intend to keep things like Set bonuses from working there at all.
Reply Quote
OP, just realized we're in the same guild. When I am ready, I will DEFINITELY be interested in Challenge mode runs. As an enhance shammy, I'll have Stormlash totem, lust, a 5 second aoe stun on a 1 min cd, crazy awesome off-heals, crazy awesome burst, interrupts, grounding totem, and Hex.

I WILL have those totem-pole shoulders for this dude! Once I get them, I will have "beaten" the game.
please let us know just how good your guildie is, as he claims to be. thanks!
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
Some things shouldn't be nerfed. Kael'thas sunstrider and tempest keep were released at the start of Burning Crusade on the 16th of January 2007, he was only killed for the first time by any players on the 25 of March 2007.

This was after the second patch of The Burning Crusade was released on the 22nd of March 2007. Kael'thas was finally killed 3 days after the second patch after surviving for over 4 months. Defeating him was one of the greatest accomplishments in the game.

There existed a thing called raid progression you had to gear up in previous raids to get gear to get gear in the next level of raids to get gear for the raids at end game.

Also less than 1% of players world-wide killed even 1 boss in Naxx in Vanilla. This is different to Wrath and Cata where All bosses of a patch could be killed within days of their release. Also with each patch welfare epics were released in these expansions in order to allow player to "see content".

These challenge modes and world firsts are the last refuge of the hardcore/dedicated player-base and allows them to engage in a player vs. player system of PVE where they are competing for prestige and visible transmog gear which shows their efforts.

Asking for this to be nerfed is asking for these players (who unfortunately i am not one of) to be driven out of their last refuge in the game.
Edited by Shuthdar on 10/7/2012 10:51 PM PDT
Reply Quote
10/07/2012 10:26 PMPosted by Diminutive
I raged a little after reading this.

My forehead made repetitive contact with my desk after reading this.
Reply Quote
10 Night Elf Warrior
CHALLENGE modes are too hard.

/facedesk
Reply Quote
The way I look at it, the Challenge Modes are a way to shut up the 'WoW is too easy and for casual entitled complainer noobs!' crowd. Much like heroics are meant to shut up the opposite group. Frankly, if I had my way, neither group would get any concession. The Challenge Modes won't be nerfed. The only advice I can really give you is this: Be. Less. Terrible.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]