Prot Paladins: Haste possibly our best stat

90 Human Paladin
http://sacredduty.net/2012/10/05/damage-smoothing-follow-up/

I'm curious to see if Blizzard views this as okay. I have no problems gearing for haste and intend to, but Paladins are no stranger to being hot fixed / patched shortly after an expansion release to fix something unintended. I don't want to continue sniping DPS gear if that is the case. :)
Reply Quote
85 Human Warrior
10/08/2012 10:06 AMPosted by Sparklefever
Haste has value for every other tank (except Warriors) as well, just varying amounts.

Well yeah, but "varying amounts" can easily translate into "I don't want any haste gear at all."

Monks: haste is one of the best stats
Paladins: haste is one of the best stats
Bears: crit is one of the best stats
DKs: haste/crit are two of the worst stats
Warriors: haste/crit are two of the worst stats

The inevitable result of this seems to me to be that monks, paladins and bears end up doing significantly more DPS than warriors and DKs as people gear up past hit/expertise caps. Haste and crit are effectively percentage increases to your overall damage, so they scale with all that delicious AP from Vengeance.

That does strike me as slightly problematic.
Edited by Ahti on 10/8/2012 10:49 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Not to mention haste giving us extra ticks of SS and also now that we were pushed into Seal of Insight our out going healing with Glyph of Battle Healer.

I'm not saying this couldn't have been intended, it very well can be, but the concern in comparison to other tanks is there.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
Getting a bottle of Johnny Walker Blue just in case...

Already there are Prot Pallies healing for more than a Blood DK on some fights.

I have already picked up "damage" gear with haste / and another stat like mastery or expertise and reforged them to be suitable for swapping in to my tanking set on my level 90 Prot paladin.

There are a couple of paladins in the 25 man group and watching certain epics with haste / mastery being doled out should be entertaining.... and by entertaining I mean it in a guild drama way.

In fact the Klaxxi str "dps" amulet seems good for both dps and tanking paladins who go for hit and expertise caps > haste >= Mastery > parry > dodge.
Edited by Fangthane on 10/8/2012 12:42 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin

I have already picked up "damage" gear with haste / and another stat like mastery or expertise and reforged them to be suitable for swapping in to my tanking set on my level 90 Prot paladin.

There are a couple of paladins in the 25 man group and watching certain epics with haste / mastery being doled out should be entertaining.... and by entertaining I mean it in a guild drama way.

In fact the Klaxxi str "dps" amulet seems good for both dps and tanking paladins who go for hit and expertise caps > haste >= Mastery > parry > dodge.

I can't see Prot pallies outhealing Blood when the Prot is strictly healing just himself. On our Stone Guards kill I did 30k hps. I was throwing out a lot of offheals simply because I myself was never in any danger of dying.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
10/08/2012 12:42 PMPosted by Feanorion
Wasn't someone concerned about Paladins becoming "the Heals tank"? I wonder who that was---

Xayton?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
SWC

I can't see Prot pallies outhealing Blood when the Prot is strictly healing just himself. On our Stone Guards kill I did 30k hps. I was throwing out a lot of offheals simply because I myself was never in any danger of dying.

I did about 28k hps on 10 man stone guards. I'd say ~96% of healing was all on me. And that was without using LoH at all in the fight.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Warrior
All Blizzard needs to do now is make haste useful for warriors and crit useful for plate tanks and they won't have to make any more tank gear!
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin

Check out how Glyph of the Battle healer works. It's better than you would think. Especially when healers are dealing with raid wide damage in addition to healing the tanks.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/1206027-Prot-Seal-of-Truth-Censure-Nerf-Seal-of-Insight-thoughts

check posts #15 and #18

remember I said "some fights"
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Now this is interesting. Our top dps stats are our top mitigation stats (well tops in the reliability department at least).

It also seems that heroism/bloodlust/timewarp/ect now have a bigger effect for us than before.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Monk

Wasn't someone concerned about Paladins becoming "the Heals tank"? I wonder who that was---

You say that like as if there's something fundamentally wrong with it. As long as you don't have significant issues with boss burst, who cares?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
10/08/2012 12:42 PMPosted by Feanorion

Call me crazy, but I've always considered that Paladin tanks ought to do a fair bit of self-healing and utility-healing. Part of the Holy thing. I know you and I differ on this point, but... yep. It feels good being a beacon of holiness. :P
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Warrior
You know I wanted to get Kafa Press

then I remembered haste is terrible :(

Also, minus the darkmoon card pretty much all the epic str trinkets are haste

I HAVE NO METER PAD GEAR TO LOOK FORWARD TOO :(
Edited by Ðemolition on 10/8/2012 3:50 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Monk
10/08/2012 03:37 PMPosted by Feanorion
We do differ

If you want to play a plate armor class that doesn't heal, warriors are that way: ===>
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]