[A] The Valiant - 25's, Recruiting 11/20/12

100 Gnome Mage
We're raiding as 25's and killing bosses, however we would like to recruit a few good dps.

DPS - looking for 2-3 DPS that can put up decent numbers, and not stand in stuff.

www.the-valiant.com

Raid times:
Tuesday ~7-11pm PST
Thursday ~7-11pm PST
Monday ~7-11pm PST - overflow day, used if needed

Raid starts at 7pm, invites go out at ~6:45pm.

Requirements: Previous Raid Experience, a good internet connection, Deadly Boss Mods/BigWigs, and we use Mumble for our voice chat, no mike needed, but you are required to log in for all of the raids. You have to be able to move out of fire.

Consumables: Bring your own Flasks, and food(though we should have feasts), the guild pays for all repair bills.

Loot Distribution: We run a standard DKP system, points awarded per boss kill, points awarded if you’re sitting on the wait list, we do not run a zero sum system. Any off spec loot is "free". Each "Tier" has a separate DKP system, everyone starts at 0 for the new Tiers.

Attendance: We expect a 90%+ raid attendance record to have a full time raid slot. We rarely swap classes for specific encounters, but will swap people in and out based upon boss drops.

History: Our guild was established 11-24-2004, we are one of the oldest, if not the oldest raid guild on the server. Most people have 2-4 high level alts, and have a high level understanding of their class mechanics. A good majority of the raiders have been here since the days of Blackwing Lair, with close to a dozen remaining from the Molten Core days. We’re a guild of mostly the 25+ age bracket, as well as an amount of the 30+ age bracket. We’re a fairly mature group of people who like to have fun, and progress through the game.

Please speak with the following officers:

Austin - GM/Caster lead
Onikuma - Tank Lead
Darmuth - Healer lead
Mavelwin - jack of all trades

Thank you for your time,

Austin
Edited by Austin on 11/20/2012 11:28 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
Bumping this back up.

The Valiant is currently looking to add 1-2 Main spec tanks with dps-off specs. See any of the officers in game for details or apply at www.the-valiant.com

Sythz
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Mage
I've updated the initial thread, we're looking for a couple of ranged DPS, as we currently have 0 Shadow Priests and we're low on all of the other ranged classes, we need more diversity.
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Priest
I dont suppose there is a chance for a tryout? At the moment I moved my primary raiding toon over along with the two support farmers to join a friends raiding guild and now they are all mia for an entire week.

I have a few questions that I would like to talk over in game when we are both online at the same time if that is alright.

Shadow priest always and forever!
Edited by Kyaru on 11/9/2012 3:12 AM PST
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Mage
I dont suppose there is a chance for a tryout? At the moment I moved my primary raiding toon over along with the two support farmers to join a friends raiding guild and now they are all mia for an entire week.

I have a few questions that I would like to talk over in game when we are both online at the same time if that is alright.

Shadow priest always and forever!

Kyaru,

I'll be online @ ~7pm server time tonight, I'll be on either this character, or since I'm done with the darn rep grinds, my lowbie Monk, Auggi.

As of now we have exactly 0 Shadow Priests in our raid group, and we'd be more than happy to welcome one.

Have a good day,

Austin
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warlock
Hi there! I was also wondering if there may still be room for some experienced DPS. I had the same issue server transferring to a friends guild to raid but they went MIA. Any info is appreciated.
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Mage
Ajaye,

You're currently way behind the gear curve. Get some crafted items, get some Valor items, get some LFR items and we'll talk.
Reply Quote
58 Orc Death Knight
if the player knows what they're doing, the gear curve would certainly not stop them from outperforming most of the subpar damage in your raid
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Mage
11/16/2012 11:28 AMPosted by Rymjob
if the player knows what they're doing, the gear curve would certainly not stop them from outperforming most of the subpar damage in your raid

Right you are Altaarian(DK from TWC), you should never take a possible applicant at face value. However without looking at their current gear/character progression, and establishing whether they've put in the effort of creating a base for their character progression into raiding, you cannot take an applicant serious. If someone has put forth an effort to progress their character, and has shown that they want to raid, I'd be more than happy to give them a shot.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Warrior
Right you are Altaarian(DK from TWC), you should never take a possible applicant at face value. However without looking at their current gear/character progression, and establishing whether they've put in the effort of creating a base for their character progression into raiding, you cannot take an applicant serious. If someone has put forth an effort to progress their character, and has shown that they want to raid, I'd be more than happy to give them a shot.

Lol get called out
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Shaman
WTB a rogue, hunter and DK! :)
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
yall need more rets, someone with some passion for fashion
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Mage
And I've updated the beginning post, we're looking for a few good DPS.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Hunter
I raided with you guys long ago. Im now looking for a new raid guild. Msg me in game anytime.
Would be fun to raid with The Valiant again.

Kynnigos
Kystorm
Lyonidas
Kytannia
Edited by Kynnigos on 11/25/2012 11:28 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
Saw a couple of your members housing the DPS meters in LFR this week. I wish I could play all the nights required, Id app for sure.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
Kynnigos! sup dude
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Shaman
11/17/2012 06:35 PMPosted by Thermadin
yall need more rets, someone with some passion for fashion

sythz is already too many retz for us to handle
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Death Knight
Kynnigos!! How's it been man?
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warrior
If you need a good warrior DPS, I have 8/16 Experience.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]