Best melle class for burst PvP

88 Troll Druid
Hey guys, so basically I've been gone from WoW for about a year or so now and I've decided to come back with a focus on Arena/RBGs.

Ranged/healers aren't really my thing, I've always been a melle guy, the thing I wan't the most in a melle class/spec is burst.

So with that in mind which of these would provide the most burst without CDs? And with CDs?

Ret pally, DK, Feral druid, Rogue, WW Monk, and Warrior.

Also which of these is the most viable (nice way of saying OP) in arena and RBGs? I've heard bad things about Rogues and Monks.

Sorry for being another generic "Lol what's the best class guize?" thread, but I feel like I'm really out of the loop when it comes to the changes that the classes have been through and I need some guidance here.
Edited by Tomsonx on 10/8/2012 6:06 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
warrior and ret are both good
make a dk if you ever plan on getting into a rbg group
Edited by Syfix on 10/8/2012 7:00 PM PDT
Reply Quote
88 Troll Druid
10/08/2012 07:00 PMPosted by Syfix
make a dk if you ever plan on getting into a rbg group

Why? Warrior and Ret aren't viable in RBGs?
Reply Quote
Imo they cant really drop everything once they pop their macro once every 5 minutes the sustained is too low and the burst is too high
Reply Quote
88 Troll Druid
By they you mean Ret and Warriors?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Um Ret has ok burst but mediocre sustained damage. It's also not a "I SMASH THINGS" class. We're all about support so outside of that 3min window we're getting trained pretty hard.

Warriors are going to take it in the butt very soon. Right now they're stupid OP.

Your best bet would be DKs. I think they're not OP enough to get smacked with the nerf stick at this stage so after warriors are brought inline DKs will be number 1 melee.

Rogues have usually turned out pretty solid by the end of the expansion but are currently the worst melee. Long term should be fine tho.

No comment on feral.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Hunter pets
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]