Archaeology: Keystones are not dropping

90 Undead Warlock
Has anyone received a Night Elf, Tol'vir or Troll keystone AFTER completing Archaeology in Pandaria? I have done over 700 digs and have not found even 1. I can only find Dwarf key stones.
I've also noticed only Dwarf keystones are appearing on the AH, and nothing else since MoP.

I have sent two tickets to support but they both dismissed it as me being unlucky, although they both demonstrated they had no idea what I was even talking about. However anyone would know the chances of not finding a keystone after over 700 digs are extremely low.

If I am just being unlucky it should only take 1 person to get a NE, Tol'vir or Troll key stone to prove me wrong. Keep in mind that I noticed this only after finishing the Pandaria rares.
Edited by Umar on 10/10/2012 7:23 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Shaman
I, too, have found all of the Pandaren rares. I am checking this out for you right now. I'll post more info after the restart!
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
Any luck so far?
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
Renamed thread to be more to the point.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Shaman
Ok, no luck so far.

At first, I thought maybe it was only races that I had gotten fragments from trading in restored artifacts. I traded in for: Tolvir, Vykrul, NE, and Nerubian fragments. I headed out to Outlands to do some Arch, thinking that if I got Draenei or Orc keystones, that this may be a possibility.

Here's my count so far, with no keystones:
-8 NE digsites (all Kalimdor)
-1 Tolvir digsite
-4 Dwarf (all EK)
-3 Draenei
-8 Orc

For a total of 144 total digs or chances at a keystone. It's not nearly as much as 700 digs, but I'll keep digging when I'm not doing dailies!
Edited by Eveholt on 10/10/2012 8:24 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
I also have not seen a single keystone drop since MoP (except Mogu & Pandaren).
I've probably done at least 200 digs with no keystones to show for it in Kalimdor. I'll try Eastern Kingdoms tonight and see what happens.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
Eveholt, the chance of not getting any keystones after 144 digs are 0.006%

Gilthoniel the chance of yours is 0.000006%

The chance of my now near 750 digs not getting a single keystone is 0.00000000000000000000000007%

We should all buy lotto tickets.

The simpler explanation is that it is bugged.

I predict that you'll find Dwarf Rune Stone's in EK Gilthoniel, but no Troll Tablets.
Edited by Umar on 10/11/2012 2:53 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
I wonder if there's some weird interaction with Brann now giving fragments for artifacts. That's the only thing I can think of that may have affected it.

Shoot, I wish I could give you some from my bank.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
I haven't traded any of my artifacts for fragments yet, so it probably isn't that, at least not directly.
Perhaps when you start crating artifacts it triggers something that disables the Azerothian keystones.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
Gilthoniel any more luck? It seems more people are realising this issue now.

I hope it doesn't take much longer for this to be addressed, I would like to go back to doing Archaeology at some point.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]