...how a gaurdian must gear.

100 Worgen Druid
There are so many fervent beliefs about how a gaurdian must gear.

I have looked at people's armories. I find the variety of stat preferances great. Druids are awesome. Some of us pumping everything to dodge. Some go for a balance of crit, mastery, hit and expertise. Some pour on the crit and mastery. It is a loss when sometimes our druid discussions get lost in personal epeen. (Is epeen even a word - I don't care)

It is great we have so many choices we can make and have it work. If how you set up your gear is working and not stressing out your support then all is well, for now. Right? If yours works really great and another druid, whos gear is setup very different from yours, claims to have a great setup, neither one of you may be stupid. Figure out why it works, talk about it and make us all better. The only trolls I care for are the Darkspear Trolls.

Like I said, I have been peeking into armories. Looking for gear level, stat mods, and where guardians are tanking. I have found Arielle's and Wens's to be my favorites because their verbage has garnered much praise and respect from many of us druids. Since my progession through the various stages will be slower than alot of you. I feel tracking the gearing changes at different levels and following the well blazed trail should lead to a job well done. My goal is tanking decently enough for my friends to get gear while we enjoy ourselves. For some sick reason I sometimes run pugs.

I have some specific questions about modifing gear.
What stats would be safest for pugs? (no raid level gear and gear for the worse case)
(My worst was a disc priest healing in pvps reforged to crit. Would stacking dodge have helped?)

How would you mod your gear stats for Sha of Anger?
What worked well for me was mastery and crit. (I had a holy priest keep me around 75%, and yes I was rolling all my CDs while tanking sha and keeping adds off my healer. Other tank was chasing rest of adds)
Edited by Fervus on 10/9/2012 2:14 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Troll Druid

I have some specific questions about modifing gear.
What stats would be safest for pugs? (no raid level gear and gear for the worse case)
(My worst was a disc priest healing in pvps reforged to crit. Would stacking dodge have helped?)

After reading the sticky on bear tanking, I'm under the impression that all the secondary stats are of fairly equal importance, like feral. I always cap hit & expertise, but that's personal preference. I also stack dodge, but that's mainly because it'll never be present on any leather gear (that I know of), so I have to work with what I got.
Edited by Joeschmoe on 10/9/2012 6:15 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
I'm not a supporter of stacking dodge anymore. I like crit and mastery as priority, with hit secondary.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Death Knight
Does SD give you 50% dodge or does it increase the dodge on your gear 50%? For the former, I could see stacking crit/mastery in T14 to increase rage generation and armor mitigation. If its the latter though, then I would imagine dodge is still the way to go.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Shaman
10/09/2012 02:04 PMPosted by Jozie
Does SD give you 50% dodge or does it increase the dodge on your gear 50%? For the former, I could see stacking crit/mastery in T14 to increase rage generation and armor mitigation. If its the latter though, then I would imagine dodge is still the way to go.

It's not 50%. It is a full 45% dodge at the touch of a button.

btw
950 Agility = 1% Dodge before diminishing returns
890 Dodge Rating = 1% Dodge before diminishing returns

600 Mastery Rating = 1 Mastery = 1.25% Armor increase

Neither one does anything against magic or bleed damage.
Edited by Znil on 10/10/2012 2:50 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
As a long time Bearcat, I prefer the Mastery>crit route for my guardian gear, as it's all my feral gear (with bear trinkets) anyway >_<

(Guild had a lot of tanks race up, so it looks like I'll be Kittying it up to start. This is me not complaining)
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
For heroic dungeons go mastery>crit.

Althought mastery and dodge are pretty equal, their affects change how you are healed.

Mastery will increase your armor, and in the long run making you take more consistent amounts of damage. The crit helps with rage regen.

Dodge on the other hand makes you more dynamic, you will take bigger spikes of damage, but will have longer streaks of little damage. Frankly, its "harder" for healers to deal with this. The compensation for dodge is it has better rage regen. So you can SD, FR, Maul more.

But at the same time, dodge has DRs...

So, i would go mastery > crit, and have an on use dodge trinket for sticky stuff. And use HotW/revival to help smooth over the rough parts for healers.
Edited by Koritora on 10/10/2012 4:12 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
CFT
950 Agility = 1% Dodge before diminishing returns890 Dodge Rating = 1% Dodge before diminishing returns
I mean, I know you're just giving general info, but these numbers are not 100% accurate. Just FYI for anyone else reading this.

10/10/2012 02:46 PMPosted by Znil
Agility gives you Crit which certainly does...
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Druid

btw
950 Agility = 1% Dodge before diminishing returns
890 Dodge Rating = 1% Dodge before diminishing returns

600 Mastery Rating = 1 Mastery = 1.25% Armor increase

I am unsure about something here. Is the 1.25% armor increase from the armor that we can see on our armory page?

It would be nice to see math theory person apply a process here. please with honey bee on the side?
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Shaman
10/10/2012 04:41 PMPosted by Arielle
950 Agility = 1% Dodge before diminishing returns890 Dodge Rating = 1% Dodge before diminishing returns
I mean, I know you're just giving general info, but these numbers are not 100% accurate. Just FYI for anyone else reading this.

10/10/2012 02:46 PMPosted by Znil
Agility gives you Crit which certainly does...

Yes I agree. These are ball park numbers. I will diffinatly not be touching the idea of dimishing returns either. Arielle has a site that will provide much more accurate numbers. Maybe it would be better to say formulas. I leave that to you, Wens and a great number of great druids out there.

About the bleed/magic, I can see I was not clear. with agility, master and dodge in my note, I was referanceing the later two. Agility is still a good all around stat.

note where is the spell check and such on here.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]