New Priest concepts and changes.

90 Blood Elf Priest
A new idea for disc priests to make them unique, and some needed holy changes.

Regeneration

Inner fire should gain 10-15% Base spirit bonus
Inner Will should gain 25% Mana reduction.
(both on top of its current effects).
Is possible to make this a glyph change.

This will help resolve the mana issues.
The issues with mana is not terribly bad, just slightly off. at around 8.5k spirit (or around 9k mp5), it starts to improve.

Synergy

Talents
The first tier offers little to no benefit to healers. mind control should be deleted or changed to have a passive like "Increase healing by 10-20%".

Break down of holy
Holy is providing excellent aoe heals, but its very unstable. Reduction in cooldowns for all spells should be decreased. For example, the end talent spells should be reduced to:
Cascade: 15 seconds
Divine star: 8 seconds
Halo: 20 seconds

Further Holy is not providing substainable tank healing. As a result, priests should gain an ability (in replacement to lightwell) that heals the tanks.
As i thought about this, it dawned on me, change lightwells mechanics. Below is an idea to correct holy's problem

Holy

Holy sancturay
this spell needs to heal 10-15k a second.

Lightwell has to go. This spell is long overdue for a deletion. Its absolutely a waste of time.
Suggestion: Change it to a buff placed on a target raid member or party member. 75% Of all aoe direct healing now heals this target for an additional X amount over 6 seconds.

the math

Lets say i put out 40k Hps.
That means that 30,000 Heal over 6 seconds is placed on the tank. thats a hot of 5,000 ever second or 10,000 base ever 2 seconds.

this also gives synergy to holy making everything world together.
seconds.

disc being revised.
Option 1

Discipline
Discipline is having some on the spot healing problems.
I like the idea of pushing this spec away from healing/bubbling altogether and giving it the concept of hots for heals, and bubbles to absorb. Doing this however will make it like the monk healer, so if we push it toward dps/bubbles it will make it unique.

First i would start with core design concepts like how power world shield works.

Power word shield is great for soloing etc, So lets leave the spell alone by itself, however we can change this by adding anew form to disc giving it an alternative bubble ability. so lets start with a new form.

New stance added (Righteous fury)
Shadow word pain is now Lights zeal when in righteous fury.
Pentennce Now becomes Lights protector zeal when in righteous fury.
Power word shield now becomes divine power shield in righteous fury.
Atonement is increased to 25 yards.
Note Atonement will become the primary source of healing for the priest paired with lights protector.

Rightoues Fury (passive talent) (Valkrye graphic)

Upon activating this spell, you take on the form of a valkyre. This is a form stance like shadow form. This form increases all holy damage by 20% and reduces cast time of smite by 0.5 seconds. 25% of all holy damage done is directly healed to allies with in 25 yards. Also changes the effect of shadow word pain and pentence.

Divine Power Shield : Now on activation or divine power shield (Power word shield) near by allies are bubbled (up to 10 near by raid or party members absorbing 120,000 damage)

Borrowed time (passive talent) When attacking this target, Critical hits cause the near by allies to be bubbled (to up to 5 targets 10 with gylph) absorbing 25% of the damage delt.

Math
If the priest is doing 150k crit hits, then 37,500k bubbles are being placed ever second. Since they are small, it will provide protection from things like smaller aoe pools etc.

Lights protector Cooldown 5 seconds. mana cost 5k
Pentence changed. activating this ability causes 5 orbs of light to circle the priest. any time ally or enemy comes into the area (20 yards) the orbs will race away from the priest, hitting that target. Deals 8k damage, 16k healing each orb.

Lights Zeal
Critical hits from Smite heal near by alies for 125% Of its damage over 3 seconds

Option 2

Spirit shell changed to instant cast, 250k bubble lasting 15 seconds or until the amount is absorbed.

Divine Aegis now procs 35% bubbles on all spell casts.

Attonement Now heals all near by allies for 100% of damage dealt.

Inner Will (Glyph) increases mana reduction to 25%, and movement to 20%

Borrowed time changed. Now upon activating power word shield, 8 near by allies are bubbled. Targets players with lower heath.

Power word solace Changed to a new (third) buff.
Now regenerates 1.5% mana per second.
Edited by Ezri on 10/9/2012 6:24 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Good ideas - However for disc the only big issue is mana and survivability in my opinion.

Would be easier to reduce the mana cast of all spells, or buff spirit.

As for survivability ... inner fire should be buffed and have 50% reduced damage from all sources. Instead of just armor.

Divine Aegis as it is ... is completely useless. Crit got nerfed so either buff crit so we gain divine aegis or have it like paladins where we automatically get a bubble from all heals... whether a crit or not.

Spirit Shell is equally useless - They need to buff it so atleast we either get 25%-50% reduced mana cost of all spells for the applied absorption shield, OR have that shield not replace healing but in addition to healing (20-40% of the heal done I'd say.)
Edited by Ulysse on 10/9/2012 6:05 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
I think for changing disc to work how it is now i'd do the following.

Spirit shell changed to instant cast, 250k bubble lasting 15 seconds or until the amount is absorbed.

Divine Aegis now procs 35% bubbles on all spell casts.

Attonement Now heals all near by allies for 100% of damage dealt.

Inner Will (Glyph) increases mana reduction to 25%, and movement to 20%

Borrowed time changed. Now upon activating power word shield, 8 near by allies are bubbled. Targets players with lower heath.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]