The Seventh Sha.

I don't mean this to be more or less quelling all the talk about the Sha of Hope but I feel it's important to point out that that is what Chi-Ji represents.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Warlock
10/09/2012 10:47 AMPosted by Dovlin
I don't mean this to be more or less quelling all the talk about the Sha of Hope but I feel it's important to point out that that is what Chi-Ji represents.

But not officially.
Reply Quote
10/09/2012 11:03 AMPosted by Baalsamael

But not officially.
Chi-Ji represents hope quite officially.

My theory on the matter of the Seventh doesn't place it as simply as most here are trying to.

All of the big Sha were formed when Shaohao excised an emotion from himself and it interacted with the underlying old god essence in Pandaria.

The thing is that Shaohao never pulled the positive emotions from himself and in fact all he took from himself was the six we know of.

But while there may not be a seventh yet there could easily be a seventh just waiting to rise up. You see, there would be record of a seventh Sha if one already existed, but as Y'Shaarj did indeed have seven and not merely six heads that would indicate that he had seven emotional aspects that could be embodied.

However without the excision of the requisite emotion all of the energy that would represent those emotions would remain dormant on its own. I've theorized that the Titans might've used this energy somehow if it seemed more positive than the rest and even imbued the Celestials with it but that's a long shot.

So in short, I don't feel the Seventh Sha has yet to be properly born yet. But it will be...
Reply Quote
Another thing that makes Sha of positive emotions less likely. . .

The Sha can manifest and possess people who feel the emotion they represent.

Such as when Rell was nearly possessed by the Sha of Doubt after doubting that the actions of the Alliance against the Horde were the right thing to do, or when that Shado-Pan female was possessed by the Sha of Hatred after she came to hate her superior for letting her husband die.

If the seventh Sha was the Sha of Love, then wouldn't that mean that anyone who feels love strongly enough would have been possessed by him?

By the time I finish my dailies, Halfhill should be a Sha hive.
Edited by Arbiter on 10/9/2012 12:04 PM PDT
Reply Quote
10/09/2012 11:34 AMPosted by Arbiter
If the seventh Sha was the Sha of Love, then wouldn't that mean that anyone who feels love strongly enough would have been possessed by him?
While I doubt that it would be a Sha of Love, because seriously that just sounds stupid, my reasoning for why a Seventh emotional manifestation hasn't shown its face is that it hasn't really been given form like Shaohao did for the others.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warlock

By the time I finish my dailies, Halfhill should be a Sha hive.

I don't see how that would be any different. As if people don't get angry or doubt of something from time to time... Only a braindead person wouldn't.

That's why I suspect Sha works like any kind of corruption, the only difference is that it settles in through people's emotions.

If not, then it's just plainly stupid.

Anyways, "love" would be a bit lame. Maybe "Sha of Peace" or anything like that could be an interesting counter-part. Something like "The same peace seek to defend yourself against the Sha, can manifest an even more dangerous kind of Sha".
Reply Quote
Just an interesting idea that could potentially get Tyrande off her butt.

http://www.wowpedia.org/Sha#Speculation

Sha of Vengance? Give Maiev something to do as well?
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Warlock
10/09/2012 02:33 PMPosted by Cártian

A nice end-of-expansion tie-in into the hopefully next Outlands/Legion expansion.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Death Knight
FBI
People keep saying that the Sha must be something that breeds the other 6, and that it has to be something of positive energy.
The counter-argument is that the Sha all represent negative energies that the Emperor removed from himself.
But does anyone else find it odd that the references to the Emperor all state not that he died, but that he "became one with the land"?
And he had the Sha buried.

What if you're all right?
What if the seventh Sha is a being of (false) faith, hope, love, peace, understanding and courage, intended to breed the opposites?
What if the seventh Sha is the origin of the other six?
What if the seventh Sha shares attributes with Garrosh, Warchief of the Horde?
What if the seventh Sha has been in front of us the whole time?

What if the seventh Sha is Emperor SHAohao?
Edited by Leviatharan on 10/13/2012 1:54 AM PDT
Reply Quote
1 Blood Elf Rogue

Sha of Vengance?

I can see it now. In his mourning, Varian becomes an avatar of the Sha of Vengeance.

Garrosh, in order to stop him, must receive the blessings of the Celestials united.

It's not until the Siege of Orgrimmar that we realize the whole thing is an elaborate ruse set up by Varian and the other Sha possessed leaders (Vol'jin and Tyrande primarily, with a few arbitrary generals/high priests thrown in).

The non corrupted leaders and player characters, upon discovering this deception, turn on Varian and the others and through their combined might manage to overpower them, killing Tyrande and Vol'jin and leaving Varian beaten and broken and free of Sha possession.

Garrosh stays his axe, explaining that he forgives Varian: He knows how hard it is to overcome one's emotions and that he was not in his right mind.

Varian refuses the apology, stating that he's failed the Alliance and all of Azeroth. He enters a self imposed exile, decreeing Mekkatorque the new High King in his absence.

The Horde and Alliance call a temporary truce and return home to prepare for the war against the Legion in 6.0.
Edited by Aureus on 10/13/2012 2:37 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin

Sha of Vengance?

I can see it now. In his mourning, Varian becomes an avatar of the Sha of Vengeance.

Garrosh, in order to stop him, must receive the blessings of the Celestials united.

It's not until the Siege of Orgrimmar that we realize the whole thing is an elaborate ruse set up by Varian and the other Sha possessed leaders (Vol'jin and Tyrande primarily, with a few arbitrary generals/high priests thrown in).

The non corrupted leaders and player characters, upon discovering this deception, turn on Varian and the others and through their combined might manage to overpower them, killing Tyrande and Vol'jin and leaving Varian beaten and broken and free of Sha possession.

Garrosh stays his axe, explaining that he forgives Varian: He knows how hard it is to overcome one's emotions and that he was not in his right mind.

Varian refuses the apology, stating that he's failed the Alliance and all of Azeroth. He enters a self imposed exile, decreeing Mekkatorque the new High King in his absence.

The Horde and Alliance call a temporary truce and return home to prepare for the war against the Legion in 6.0.

I threw up in my mouth a little. Just a bit
Reply Quote
10/13/2012 01:43 AMPosted by Leviatharan

Damn. My mind is blown. Also, it's been discovered that the word 'Sha' In darnassian is actually the word for Shadow.
Edited by Teung on 10/13/2012 6:02 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
10/13/2012 06:01 AMPosted by Teung

Made a post about SHAohao and Y'SHAarj couple weeks ago.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
My personal guess is that the seventh Sha could be something like the Sha of Lies. And is in the form of Zul, the Zandalari troll that has been leading Rastakhan and all of them down the wrong path. Possibly for a long time so to make sure that the trolls are divided, since they were pretty mighty when they were together.
Reply Quote
97 Night Elf Warrior
I thought the Emperor merged with the land itself, not just the mists.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
The Monkey King carved the masks, that formed the six Sha. He accompanied Emperor Shaohao through his entire journey... but is not mentioned at all, in the final part of the Emperor's Burden.

Find the Monkey King, and you find what the last Sha is.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Warrior
10/09/2012 02:33 PMPosted by Cártian

We don't know what Maeiv was doing between BT and when she showed up in the books. Maybe she went sailing and crash landed on a mysterious land shrouded in Mists...
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Sha of Burdens
Sha of Lies
Sha of Darkness
Sha of Corruption
Sha of Loneliness
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]