The Daily Brew 3: Monky Business

90 Pandaren Shaman
So from reading the monk forums I have realized.

Monk PvP QQ Posts = Shaman Tank / 2Hnd Enhance Posts

Thats for all you shamans in here from ST.
90 Pandaren Monk
HC
I like it.

95% of my annoyance is due to ranged getting chained to melee and not moving, either killing themselves or the melee they are attached to, or the melee runs out to them and jams his thumb up his !@#.

I heard a rumor that alot of groups are stacking tons of extra healers to trivialize the fight once the tanks get situated with taunting.

4 healing 10-man for example.

Try dealing with 4 dogs in 25m <3

In 25man I didn't think it was that bad because their energy decays if they're not near another dog.

I saw this comment...

Is this true on 25m Heroic? (not trying to flame the previous argument, just wondering if it does the same as LFR)

This phenomenon doesn't occur in 10m :(
Edited by Advanced on 10/10/2012 6:23 AM PDT
90 Orc Monk
10/09/2012 10:37 PMPosted by Meditation
Got a Sha of Anger kill.

Me too! got a random invite from a guildy when i logged on.

10/10/2012 05:20 AMPosted by Eijy
Ok...today...today im gonna tank everything and will not die ò_ó

lol, good motto.

Honestly, I'm regretting my decision to roll fem panda, I'm not sure male would have been any better, but I feel like a dwarf while I'm playing.

I don't like dwarves.

Is this true on 25m Heroic? (not trying to flame the previous argument, just wondering if it does the same as LFR)

This phenomenon doesn't occur in 10m :(

10 reg or 10 heroic? I was watching energy decay on 10m reg. (slowly).
Edited by Jayded on 10/10/2012 6:53 AM PDT
90 Pandaren Monk
HC

I never saw any decay on 10 or 10h :(

On another note:

Do your 10m tanks have trouble with stoneguard? Look at this!
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6794982541?page=2#26

I am always kind to the community.
Edited by Advanced on 10/10/2012 7:04 AM PDT
100 Human Monk
10/10/2012 07:02 AMPosted by Advanced

I never saw any decay on 10 or 10h :(

On another note:

Do your 10m tanks have trouble with stoneguard? Look at this!
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6794982541?page=2#26

I am always kind to the community.

The kindest. A paragon of kindness.
90 Orc Monk
We considered that strat. This explains why the rank limit for BM monks is so low. In the end we did double taunts after each explosion.

Thankfully, neither of our tanks are stupid.
90 Pandaren Monk
I heard a rumor that alot of groups are stacking tons of extra healers to trivialize the fight once the tanks get situated with taunting.

Ill likely bring it up tonight, it feels like we should be using an extra healer to make up for the copious amounts of stupid >:(
90 Pandaren Monk
HC

Ill likely bring it up tonight, it feels like we should be using an extra healer to make up for the copious amounts of stupid >:(

Well if you think about it, it has no enrage except for healer mana so DPS is not a big deal. So if you're negating the stupid by adding more heals, that works too. Since the bosses hit like trucks, Tank DPS is through the roof.

I'm generally doing 115k'ish without trying on heroic stone guard attempts.
Edited by Advanced on 10/10/2012 8:44 AM PDT
100 Human Monk
Question: Does Leer of the Ox function on bosses?

I'd imagine not, but it could allow one tank to do some silly things.
90 Pandaren Monk
HC
Question: Does Leer of the Ox function on bosses?

I'd imagine not, but it could allow one tank to do some silly things.

Hmm I dunno.. i think it acts as a provoke rather than a taunt, so it should work in a situation where rockbiter would work. So.. maybe? Maybe someone else has a clearer answer :P

But I do know my ox statue only has like 350k health and dies to everything that walks past it.

/cry
Edited by Advanced on 10/10/2012 8:54 AM PDT
96 Tauren Monk
10/10/2012 06:17 AMPosted by Advanced

100% sure there is no energy decay.
90 Pandaren Monk
Got my second fist weapon ilv 463 :D

time to transmooooooooooorg

and Jayded, im tanking better now, using a addon to help with stagger XD
90 Pandaren Monk
HC
10/10/2012 09:53 AMPosted by Mist

100% sure there is no energy decay.

Good to hear. I wasn't necessarily looking for some means for an argument, I was just a bit confused at how disappointingly easy that would be.
90 Orc Monk
off topic, but has anyone looked into how hit/exp affect monk survivability past the soft cap (7.5%). I was curious so I started looking for ways to increase my hit and exp to the hard cap, since I DW, but I haven't really seen anything amazing yet, save for some ridiculously fast EB stacks.

e: For BMs.
Edited by Jayded on 10/10/2012 10:32 AM PDT
100 Human Monk
off topic, but has anyone looked into how hit/exp affect monk survivability past the soft cap (7.5%). I was curious so I started looking for ways to increase my hit and exp to the hard cap, since I DW, but I haven't really seen anything amazing yet, save for some ridiculously fast EB stacks.

e: For BMs.

EB isn't affected by hit and expertise, unless they changed the way critical hits are rolled recently.

Hit only goes to 7.5%, but if you increase Parry to 15% you'll never be parried.
90 Orc Monk
10/10/2012 11:19 AMPosted by Kryalice
Hit only goes to 7.5%, but if you increase Parry to 15% you'll never be parried.

I'm talking DW white hit cap (~27%?)

10/10/2012 11:19 AMPosted by Kryalice
EB isn't affected by hit and expertise, unless they changed the way critical hits are rolled recently.

Not sure what you mean by this, how would crits not be affected by hit/exp? Can't crit if you don't hit your target.

edit: to clarify, here's my thought process. EB procs are based off your autoattack crits. They are balanced between 2H and DW by some sort of calculation on CPM. I'm assuming here, but it seems logical that they would want to keep the PPM for the same amount of hit (up to 7.5%). For a DW spec, there's still a ~19.5% chance to miss, so if you reduce that chance then you'll end up with more crits and thus more EB procs.
Edited by Jayded on 10/10/2012 11:33 AM PDT
100 Human Monk
Not sure what you mean by this, how would crits not be affected by hit/exp? Can't crit if you don't hit your target.

ohboyherewego.jpg

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/1869253719

This is a fairly good explanation of the attack table. For a tldr, Crits, Misses, Dodges, and Parries are all on the same die roll, instead of the system you propose, which is where you roll first for hits, and then again for crits.

And yes, the summation of the attack table can be greater than 100%, even if there are only 100 'outcomes.' Exactly how those outcomes are distributed determines the way your 100 actual outcomes shake out.

Ironically enough, increasing your expertise / hit ratings will actually "decrease" your crit. Your actual crit rate is the same, but you white hit more often and as a result the ratio of hits to crits goes up.

EDIT: At base, the mob has 7.5% chance to dodge, 15% chance to parry, and, if you're DWing, a 27% chance to completely avoid your attack.

So that puts his attack table at 49.5% avoidance at base.

Then you have a 19.10% chance to crit. That puts his table at 68.6%. The remaining 31.4% is all white hits.

Removing the boss's ability to dodge, parry, or avoid entirely shifts those parts of the combat table into white hits. You don't gain critical hit chance via increasing hit or expertise rating.
Edited by Kryalice on 10/10/2012 11:36 AM PDT
90 Orc Monk
so what you're saying is that if your crit chance is 20%, 20% of your hits will crit.

Can't say I've ever known that (I rarely worry about dps theorycrafting). Thank you.

If thats the case, all i'll end up achieving is increasing my DPS, which seems meh.
100 Human Monk
so what you're saying is that if your crit chance is 20%, 20% of your hits will crit.

Can't say I've ever known that (I rarely worry about dps theorycrafting). Thank you.

If thats the case, all i'll end up achieving is increasing my DPS, which seems meh.

No, 20% of your rolls will crit. Your white hit crit rate will actually look somewhat inflated with chances to miss, be dodged, or be parried. Only if you shove yourself up to never missing at all will your crit rate actually look like 20%.

The WoW roll table is weird.

EDIT: Just for !@#$s and giggles, if you go to the parse you have in the OP and calculate your white crit rate, it's at 26.8%. That's a pretty good jump on 19%.

Single rolls, man. Single rolls.
Edited by Kryalice on 10/10/2012 11:43 AM PDT
90 Pandaren Monk
HC

No, 20% of your rolls will crit. Your white hit crit rate will actually look somewhat inflated with chances to miss, be dodged, or be parried. Only if you shove yourself up to never missing at all will your crit rate actually look like 20%.

The WoW roll table is weird.

EDIT: Just for !@#$s and giggles, if you go to the parse you have in the OP and calculate your white crit rate, it's at 26.8%. That's a pretty good jump on 19%.

Single rolls, man. Single rolls.

You either love or hate the one-roll system :P

EB is definitely not affected by hit/exp. The caps are there merely for Chi Gen.

Think CTC capping and how those stats weigh eachother to a cap.

The same thing happened to crit in wotlk for a couple classes. You could literally cap crit, and there would be no value beyond that because it filled up any gaps in your attack table (that could be filled anyways)
Edited by Advanced on 10/10/2012 11:48 AM PDT
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]