Sha of anger loot bug.

90 Human Priest
Hi,
Starting this week, I've killed Sha twice, one was before today daily reset mock time, and one was after that. I've gotten nothing for both kills. At first I thought because I can only loot once per "raid" week, so I came back and killed him again after raid lock reset, no loot either. No bag, no gold, nothing.

Has anyone experienced this or have an explanation? or is it just simply a bug?
Edited by Ashahina on 10/9/2012 12:04 PM PDT
Reply Quote
18 Human Paladin
same thing here, kill twice today, both times can't loot body
first time i used a lucky charm and got gold, but then can't loot body
2nd time the sha turns gray mid fight, so can't loot body either
got to be some bug there
Reply Quote
88 Tauren Druid
Happened to me too had to switch over to master loot in order to loot corpse than switch back so everyone can loot.
Reply Quote
18 Human Paladin
ok 3rd kill today, it's red all the way, so i should be able to loot, but nothing, i asked raid leader to switch to master loot, then back, still nothing, no claw
this is stupid
i don't know if this is because first time i was given lucky charm and i rolled got some gold, does that count as loot obtained for the week, so no more claw no matter how many times you kill?
Edited by Charmiee on 10/9/2012 9:01 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
@Charmiee: your situation is very different from mine. You were able to use a charm and got gold, but I didn't. Normally when you kill Sha for the first time of the "raid week", assuming your group tagged the boss, you will either get items or gold, and claw (for first timer). But for me, when I killed him, nothing happened at all, not even gold.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
same thing here, i killed it once today after reset and i was able to use my bonus roll but when i went and killed him later today i did not receive the option to roll? even though i still have 2 charms left
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
AFAIK you can only have the chance to loot from the boss once every raid week. But in my case, I had no chance at all.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
i'm fairly certain you are able to at least use your tokens even if you kill the boss during the same week, at least that was the case last week.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Mage
I'm pretty sure this boss doesn't have a "lockout" in terms of loot.

I've killed the boss three times last week and each time got loot. Got a ring the claw on the first go, and each time after got a cache.

But both times I've gone to kill him today (After a reset) he's turned grey to me mid-fight, usually following a mind control or a death wherein I had to run back to my body.

Please fix this Blizz. Thanks.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
SoA's loot behaves pretty much like LFR: You can kill him as many times per week as you like, but you only get one shot at loot and you're not guaranteed to get any. If you win something than it will simply be assigned to you - otherwise bad luck, try again next week.

This occurs regardless of how you form your group and the looting type used. The only exception is the quest starter item which everyone can loot from his corpse (NB quest is not repeatable).

*ed: I should also emphasise that the Elder Charm of Good Fortune only has the opportunity to be used on your first kill of the week as well. Whether you use it or don't use it, you won't be offered the chance if you kill him again before the reset. Note that, at present, there doesn't appear to be any way to actually check when the reset is, so it's best to wait until after 9am realm time on Tuesday if you're unsure.

*ed2: Turning grey after a mind control is common, and an old occurence. It won't disallow you from loot. So long as his frame wasn't grey when you started, anyway.
Edited by Asterchades on 10/10/2012 7:52 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
I agree with you. But people get gold if they don't win any items. In my case, I got nothing at all. I've tried it on Mon/Tue/Wed and all got nothing, not even the sack of gold.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
This boss' loot works exactly like an LFR boss.

- One chance for loot, PER WEEK.
- It is possible for you to NOT get an Item, or Gold when you kill him.
- The lootable claw on his body is a one time quest item.
Reply Quote
18 Human Paladin
This boss' loot works exactly like an LFR boss.

- One chance for loot, PER WEEK.
- It is possible for you to NOT get an Item, or Gold when you kill him.
- The lootable claw on his body is a one time quest item.

wait, you mean once you get the claw you will never get claw again? i got my claw looting sha body last week, that's how i got my epic boot

if so, then the weekly loot is given automatically to you every week kill?
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Paladin
I am experiencing the same problem. I was in the raid that tagged Sha of Anger and left the raid at 80% to start a new raid and share my tag. Everyone in my raid was given credit and got either gear or a cache; if they made it to Sha and attacked him. I however did not receive gear or a cache. I also could not use an Elder Charm. I was in the raid that tagged him the next time he spawned and AGAIN did not receive credit even though the rest of my raid did. To be clear, I have not had a single successful kill this week.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
wait, you mean once you get the claw you will never get claw again? i got my claw looting sha body last week, that's how i got my epic boot

if so, then the weekly loot is given automatically to you every week kill?

Correct on both accounts. The quest starter is a one-off for a set of boots. As for items, you're not guaranteed to win anything, and if you do win something it isn't necessarily an item (it can just be gold). Using a Charm guarantees you'll win something - but it doesn't guarantee that it will be an item (again, it can just be gold).

@Gotsu: I suspect your attempt to game the system is what caused your problem. You likely already registered as being elligible for loot on the first one for the purposes of this raid week, preventing you from receiving any further chances, but because you were in a different raid at the time it caused issues that prevented you from being able to acquire it. Take that as a lesson for next time: don't try to be fancy and just kill it.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Paladin
Well I know people that did the same exact thing and still got loot. It also worked fine last week I see no reason for it to bug out on me and no one else on my server.
Edited by Gotsu on 10/11/2012 12:32 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Gotsu, was your previous kill on a Tuesday? The VP and raid lockouts don't overlap (on oceanic they differ by about 18 hours - not sure about US servers), perhaps Sha resets his lockout at the same time that VP cap resets.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Paladin
Nope, it was Thursday around 2am. I opened a ticket but I imagine I wont hear anything till after raids reset.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]