Shadow priest talents on elegon

90 Goblin Priest
I'm thinking of picking up mindbender and twist of fate for our elegon attempts tonight.

ToF gives you a 20% damage and healing increase when you damage/heal someone below 20% health which would give you a decent dps increase considering all of the adds/orbs/walls you kill consistently throughout the fight.

Mindbender would just be used to help get down the fourth set of orbs more consistently during phase two.

Thoughts? Is mind bender comparable to (name escapes me, but the ability that procs mind blast)? Would twist of fate be comparable to the mind spike talent on this fight?
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Priest
Are there no priests on this forum : /?
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Priest
That must be why disc and holy is performing significantly worse than shadow currently. Thanks for the bump dude.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Priest
First off, Mindbender competes with FD;CL, not DI. DI competes with ToF.

Personally, I found ToF to be super handy, and in our kill last week it was up almost the whole fight for me. Definitely recommend.

As for Mindbender/FD;CL, I recommend FD;CL. Keeping dots rolling on the boss and DPSing in the 10 seconds between each set of charge spawns will basically ensure that you have a 3 orb DP and at least one mind spike proc handy for each orb. Save your fiend for that last orb, and combine it with a bit of banked burst.

EZPZ.
Great response. Thanks man.

If I may ask, how many orbs were you guys doing each phase? What was your average dps for the encounter, and what were you generally pulling?
Edited by Priestlol on 10/10/2012 2:40 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
I would honestly suggest:

FD:CL + Twist of Fate + Halo.

FD:CL with dots rolling on boss is AMAZING for helping blow up the orbs.
Make sure you save mind blast for the orbs, and try to have at least 1 FD:CL proc ready for when the spike spawns.

I have little to no problems kill all orbs up to the 4th set.

Twist of fate will proc when you kill the orb just in time to throw a fresh set of dots on Elegon for extra oomph.

Use Halo on the 1st wave, and it should be up again if used early enough for the 4th wave.
When the orbs spawn, throw a quick VT on it (should have a VT on boss for 2x the chance to proc FD:CL) and spam flay in between your Mind Blasts + FD:CL procs.

I try to have 3 orbs ready for the 2nd or 3rd orb. But if you're timing getting dots on boss and orb up right, you should almost always have enough FD:CL procs up.

I'm pulling about 106k+ dps w/o the lust and 8+ stacks on boss...we've yet to kill him (still trying to get the final transition phase down). I judge that I'll prob hit somewhere around the 115k-120k+ dps range on our kill once we transition to the last phase correctly and lust it up.

EDIT: Killed him last night at about 116.5k dps, but on last phase I was throwing out mendings on cooldown so it would have been a little higher.
Edited by Dimeetri on 10/11/2012 7:49 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
I would honestly suggest:

FD:CL + Twist of Fate + Halo.

This.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Priest
Tried it, worked amazingly well. New favorite talent for fights with adds that die quickly. Thanks a ton guys :)
Reply Quote
100 Undead Priest
There is no real need to necro this thread, but oh well.

01/22/2013 08:34 PMPosted by Blaine
*bump* thanks for this post. I was thinking PI but now i see that tof is much better. also im having problems on my orbs. i dont think tof is all that i need. i got my talents and glyphs and [insert icy veins crap]. is there any direct advice u can give me for downing my third (lol) and fourth?

For the orbs just cast Mind Spike. Don't bother with DoTs. You can use Mind Blast, Dplague, or SW:D if they are available though.

Our guild does 5 orbs and I can't recall any point in time where I was unable to solo all 5 of mine with just Mind Spike spam.
Edited by Multicidez on 1/22/2013 11:08 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
I scored 200k dps with FDCL, ToF, and Cascade last night. Cascade is simply better than halo for sparks. Pop it on elegon 3 times during sparks phase for massive damage. Keep ToF uptime above 60% and you're set.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
01/22/2013 11:16 PMPosted by Terrortician
Pop it on elegon 3 times during sparks phase for massive damage

Because of the Damage:Range mechanic you will get *slightly* better results if you use it on one of the outer charges on either the north or south sides. It's also worth using for every P1 add, once during Foci phase and once again when all of the sparks are up.

Just as a general reference for all Shadow Priest talent selections see:
[H2P] Heroic Raiding: Talent Choices (25 man)
http://howtopriest.com/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=2173[H2P] Normal and Heroic Talent Choices (10 man)
http://howtopriest.com/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=2662
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
01/23/2013 06:45 AMPosted by Woaden

Because of the Damage:Range mechanic you will get *slightly* better results if you use it on one of the outer charges on either the north or south sides. It's also worth using for every P1 add, once during Foci phase and once again when all of the sparks are up.

http://howtopriest.com/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=2173[H2P] Normal and Heroic Talent Choices (10 man)

Beat me to it.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
01/23/2013 10:27 AMPosted by Bunzato
Beat me to it.

:P
Reply Quote
I usually go with FDCL for everything, the Mind Spike procs are nice and help a bit with mobility. Plus, I always forget to cast Mindbender on cooldown as Shadow so I waste dps. I went with DI for a while until I got tired of managing two different procs, and I switched to ToF. I can't say I've really noticed a major dps increase or anything, but it does make my rotation smoother and the extra damage helps where it matters, in the execute phase (or if there are lots of adds, you can have it up often).

For the level 90 talent, I prefer Cascade for most fights too. Halo's more dps, but the positional requirements are a pain in the butt for a lot of fights. On Elegon, though, Cascade is amazing. Because the platform has a 40 yard radius, you can stand at the edge and always do max damage with Cascade, and on sparks/pillars, Cascade will bounce to all of them, doing great damage. Even if you prefer Halo or Divine Star for most fights, Cascade is the best one for Elegon, in my opinion.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
01/23/2013 06:45 AMPosted by Woaden

Great guides. Thanks!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]